Available from 1st of January 2014
Date of Birth: October 18th, 1963
Qualifications: 1993 Ph D in Engineering sciences (space imaging) (University of Nice-Sophia-Antipolis, FRANCE)
1989 Postgraduate degree (DEA) in signal processing and automation – specialising in image processing (University of Nice-Sophia-Antipolis, FRANCE)
1988 Engineer (Engineering school of automotive construction and aeronautics)
He has a PhD thesis in space image processing and an extensive experience in remote sensing data processing and image quality techniques both on ground segment (geometrical corrections and quality) and space segment (payload integration: radiometric corrections and instrument performance). He has been involved in Helios 2 AIT On-Ground test (Thales-Alenia Space) and in Helios image ground segment (EADS Astrium). During these two missions, he was assigned to AIT imaging performance tests (Thales) and to image exploitation on a ground segment (Astrium). He is now working in EUMETSAT since five years in the Real Time Services and Systems Operations (RSO) as Instrument Data Processing Engineer on MSG and EPS operations. He was deeply involved in the MSG3 Image Commissioning.
From 01/2009 to today: EUMETSAT: Instrument Data Processing Engineer on MSG and EPS operations in the RSO Division
Generic Activities and Tasks:
- Support of MSG Instrument Data Processing Operations: Monitoring and reporting of the performance of the Image Processing Facility for the geometric and radiometric quality of the L1.0 and L1.5 images. Performing anomaly investigations, problems identifications and improvements proposal to the system. Investigation and reporting on different Instrument data processing anomalies and features, and correction proposal. Performing MSG spacecraft detector gain change.
- Support MSG Image Processing Facility maintenance and operational validation activities;
- MSG3 commissioning.
- Support of EPS routine and non-routine Instrument Data Processing operations: Monitoring the performance of the Product Generation Facility and Front End Processor. Performing anomaly identifications, software validation and procedure modifications. Monitoring and report on the quality and availability of the Level 0 products. Problems Identification and improvements proposal to the system.
- Support PGF and FEP maintenance and operational validation activities.
Specific Activities & Actions
- SEVIRI instrument noise impact study: Successful development in IDL of few different low frequency noise (Gaussian noise, 1/f noise) and addition to MSG images to simulate the actual noise on MSG spacecrafts.
- Image processing tuning and improvement.
- MSG image archive reprocessing activities (as requested).
- Report on MSG1 mirror reflectivity tests (as requested).
- Detector anomaly study –
- Investigation and reporting on spacecraft anomaly impacting image quality,
- Definition of statistical algorithms to improve the IMPF landmark detection reliability.
- Support the MSG3/4 project :
o Generating the Image Verification and Validation Test Plan and Specification for MSG-3 commissioning, including optimised test blocks.
o Generating the Calibration Verification and Validation Test Specification for MSG-3 commissioning, including optimised test blocks.
o Support MSG-3 commissioning, including providing inputs to the MSG-3 Image Verification and Validation Test Report;
o Inputs to the MSG-3 Image Verification and Validation Test Report and the MSG-3 Calibration Verification and Validation Test Report.
Technical environment: Unix – few shell scripts - few development prototype in IDL
From 07/2008 to 12/2008 : CS/Technical Management of space activities in parallel with algorithm and software development in image processing
In charge of technical expertise of invitation-to-tender bid (especially in support to image quality activities during in orbit acceptance and exploitation) mainly to CNES, Thalès Alenia Space, Astrium and DGA.
Algorithm and software development in image processing for plane recognition in space optical image: development based on OTB (Orfeo toolbox) / C++ library.
Technical environment: Linux workstation using C++ Langage
From 11/2005 – To – 05/2008 Ausy France / Technical Management of space activities
Typical aspects of this position included:
- Technical part of bid mainly to Thalès Alénia Space, Astrium.
- Seeking and interviewing candidate space engineers
- Reporting at the weekly agency management meetings.
From 09/2004 – To 09/2005 Image exploitation processing software engineering on the Helios II Ground Segment (Astrium - Creil Air Force Base)
Support, validation and on-site maintenance of image exploitation processing facilities:
- Standard image exploitation facility:
* Display of image products: calibrated with radiometric corrections, geometrically corrected: ortho-rectified using only the physical model.
* Automatic relocation and rectification tools (image matching method based on correlation)
* Enhancement and restoration (deconvolution) tools
* Relief display of stereoscopic images (based on automatic tools)
- Geographic image exploitation processing facility :
* Display of image products: calibrated with radiometric corrections, geometrically corrected: ortho-rectified using only the physical model on a cartographic grid.
* Manual or automatic but supervised image relocation and rectification (using GCP and image matching method based on correlation)
* Adjustable relief display of stereoscopic images - Mosaic of images
* Calculation of Digital Elevation Model
- Direct and on-line support to users (including image processing tools use and image products availability and status search in Oracle database
- Reporting on overall image exploitation processing facilities performance with strong emphasis on localization accuracy, quality of DEM and image mosaic production
- Validation of satellite images
- Investigation into anomalies and their documentation. Follow up corrections patches
- Support acceptance trial, of externally-developed software, i.e installation configuration and testing
- Interfacing with the external contractors providing image exploitation processing softwares
- Participate in relevant technical meetings related to image exploitation
Technical environment: NT workstations with Unix servers. Oracle Database using SQL query
From 10/2000 – To 07/2004 Space imaging engineering on On-Ground optical testing of the very high resolution earth observation (visible and IR) satellite Helios 2 payload (Thalès Alénia Space formerly Alcatel Alenia Space)
- Relative radiometric detector sensibility correction
- Image absolute calibration on illuminated sphere in visible and on external black body in IR
- On-board calibration (internal/external correction coefficient estimation)
- Radiometric corrections quality - Validation of instrument images
- Imaging testing preparation (visible and IR) : design of the test procedures
- Calculation and adjustment (focalisation) of MTF
- Design, implementation and testing of algorithm software in image processing (acquisition configuration, statistical analysis and radiometric corrections).
- Preparation and production of Imaging test reports: investigation into sensors anomalies
- Validation of instrument images
- Image database maintenance (SQL language) - Configuration Control of software and data
- Attendance at technical meetings
Technical environment:: Unix on Sun workstations using C, PV-wave/IDL Langage
From 11/1997 – To 07/1999 Software development engineering in image processing for barcode optical recognition
- Definition of the new methods of image processing allowing improvement of the localization and image analysis (recognition and classification) in bar code automatic reading system implanted on mail sorting machines; development of algorithms and C implementation. Gain of a significant increase of the good reading rate and a decrease of the confusion when degradation of acquisition occurs (noisy background and oblique envelopes)
- Optimisation of algorithms and code according to the real-time constraints. Results were competitively compared with similarly led works of the Image Processing Department of the University of Rotterdam
- Validation and benchmarks on series of images-tests
- Configuration Control of software and data
Technical environment: Using C both in Unix and windows NT environment
From 12/1995 – To 08/1997 Comex Technologies / R & D engineer in imaging
Development of a real-time image processing station used for video image enhancement for dynamic medical imaging, TV operation and underwater vision:
- Editing of file and the presentation of the project. Upstream studies, specifications, architecture and system configuration.
- Development and implementation of innovative contrast improvement methods and signal to noise ratio allowing a sensitive increase of the visibility - Validation on true video images
Technical environment: Using C both in Unix and windows NT environment
From 10/1989 – To 03/1993 Space Astronomy Laboratory (CNRS) / PhD thesis
Interpretation of FOCA space astronomy experiment data (CNES-CNRS).
Development (of some specifics parts) and use of an astronomic image acquisition (matrix UV sensor) and processing system:
bandwidth - sampling - geometric, spatial non-uniformity and dark current correction - calibration - denoising - filtering .
Technical environment: FORTRAN language both in UNIX and VMS environment
10/1988 – 06/1989 (10 months) University of Nice Astrophysics Laboratory / Postgraduate degree (DEA) training
- Signal processing and probabilistic analysis
- Classical algorithms implementation (Fast Fourier Transform, spectral density, Impulse Response simulation, autocorrelation function, transfer function). Signal restoration using deconvolution.
10/1988 – 06/1989 (8 months project) Remote Sensing and Environment Analysis Center Sophia - Antipolis
- Image RGB combination (vegetation index NDVI, … )
- Supervised or unsupervised multispectral classification: Comparison of various classification methods on a same test site .
Windows XP and 2000 and VMS, UNIX / LINUX environments
C, (C++), FORTRAN, PV-Wave/IDL, Matlab (for coding algorithms), shellscripts
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.