An individual who has worked in the Aerospace, Nuclear Defence Supply Chain, Marine, Purchasing, Money processing & Customer service industry for 20 years.
An experienced diligent Quality Practitioner & ISO9001 Lead Auditor with over 8 years experience within quality assurance for a number of large international OEM & 1st Tier Supply Chain organisations.
Experience working as a procurement professional over a 4 year period supporting the supply chain to source all manner of commodities & services required by both production & prototype NPI projects for a number of large international organisations.
Experience working as a component obsolescent engineer over a 2 year period surveying electrical & mechanical components for compliance to directives such as RoHS, WEEE & REACh, sourcing of alternatives was undertaken.
Experience working as an inspector, Test Technician & Chemist in the printed circuit board industry over a 6 year period with extensive knowledge of printed circuit board technologies.
Experience of working to schedules, achieving project milestones & identified quality objectives.
Highly motivated & focused with ambition, drive, committed to both personal & team development.
Passionate about working with OEM, First tier, Sub tier suppliers as a partnership to ensure development of the supply chain.
Conscious of the need to add value to the business by means of continuous improvement of both internal & external operations, procedures & systems by means of review to ensure changing needs are satisfied.
Skills & Abilities
Vast experience of auditing both external, internal operations to ISO9001, AS/EN9100 quality management systems & environmental management systems to ISO1400.1
Experience of creating audit & action plans & leading supplier meetings.
Experience of source inspections, first article inspection to industry standard AS9102, mandatory/key inspection points
Experience of RoHS, WEEE & REACh Directives.
Worked to industry standards such as ECSS Standards - European Cooperation for Space Standardization; IPC Association Connecting Electronics Industries; ESA - European Space Agency; MIL-STD.
A thorough understanding of using problem solving techniques or methods used to approach, resolve problems to ensure project goals are achieved for example 8D - Eight Disciplines Problem Solving & 5Y’s.
Disciplined in time management, with a pragmatic approach to resolving both quality & reliability issues.
Experience of purchasing & supply chain communication using methods such as SC21 - National Action Plan for 21st Century Supply Chains.
A quality professional who is a motivated team player with a can do attitude.
Ability to effectively communicate with internal, suppliers & sub tiers representatives at all levels ensuring communications are undertaken in an organised professional manner.
Ability to break down barriers in the work place & influence others.
Effective negotiation skills.
Experience of collecting measurable data, using the information to identify opportunities for continuous improvement & reduce the cost of non-quality. Developing a clear understanding of continuous improvement within the team.
Experience of IT productivity applications including MRP systems, configuration management & inventory management system. Successfully implementing new procedures & the update of existing procedures to improve efficiency, a results-orientated approach. Gaining buy in from stakeholders that are required to review & deliver input to newly designed & existing procedures.
Bring an honest & upstanding natured individual to the organisation, evident by the SC Security Clearance Approval currently held.
Education & Training
IPC 610 Qualified; Electrostatic Discharge Awareness EN9100 Lead Auditor Qualified – EADS Airbus; 14001 Lead Auditor Qualified – EADS Airbus IQA - A11 Introduction To Quality Assurance Grade Credit IQA - A12 Principles & Techniques Of Quality Management Grade Credit BTEC ND In Information Technology Applications Grade Credit BTEC FD In Information Technology Applications Grade Credit G.C.S.E. Integrated Science Grade B; G.C.S.E Integrated Science Principles Grade C; Maths & English Grade C
Full UK Car Driving Licence and hold SC Security Clearance
Current Role: (Contract) August 2013 to Present (Current Role) Product Assurance Systems Assurance Engineer at QinetiQ, in Farnborough
• Support the delivery of space system hardware and to support the quality requirements of the business
• Provide PA engineering inputs into the full project lifecycle (from bid stage through to final delivery) and design processes.
• Supported and conducted test reviews, design reviews
• Support of manufacturing processes and qualification requirements
• Internal and third party audits
(Contract) January 2013 to July 2013 Direct Materials Quality Engineer at EADS Astrium in Stevenage
• Supplier Continuous Improvement activities to support supply chain
• Responsibilities: Raising, review, close non-conformance reports. Supplier visits, audits AS9100, communication with indirect suppliers & sub-contractors. Review of concessions, reworked parts, or scrapped parts. Liaison with Goods in, Mechanical & Materials inspection.
• Working with buyers or engineers to resolve issues with parts, manufacture, logistics, processes & suppliers.
• Ensuring cutting edge technologies & challenging designs meet stringent reliability requirements.
• Working with both suppliers, internal customers in Local, National, European, and American & Asian locations.
(Permanent) February 2012 to December 2012. Supplier Quality Engineer at Ultra Electronics Nuclear Control Systems in Wimborne
• Part of the Business Assurance Team responsible for ensuring customer requirements are met in accordance with BS ISO 9001, 14001 & OHSAS 18001.
• Supplier Auditing for Product, Process & Capability. Supplier Management, Monitor development & maintenance of Supplier Continuous Improvement activities.
• Produce & maintain quality plans, Management reporting, Balanced Scorecard, Problem investigations. Drive Internal Continuous Improvement activities.
(Permanent) March 2008 to February 2012 Direct Materials Quality Engineer at EADS Astrium in Portsmouth
• As per Stevenage position above.
(Contract) March 2006 to March 2008 Procurement Officer at DE LA RUE CASH SYSTEMS in Portsmouth
• Responsibilities: Find alternatives to various electrical components, which are ROHS Compliant.
• Find ROHS Certs, Data Sheets, Presenting information to engineers.
• Create Bills of Material, Engineering Change Notes & Drawing Modifications.
• Supplier/manufacturer communications. Obtain samples, document & record information.
• Present solutions to senior management follow up hard to find alternatives.
• Purchasing, stock control, raising orders, Goods In, Out Activities. Quality Inspector at Raymarine Ltd in Portsmouth
(Contract) December 2005 to March 2006 Field Data Auditor at Brulines Ltd in Stockton-on-Tees
(Permanent) July 2007 to November 2005 Schedule Administrator at Cobra Installations at Peterlee
(Permanent) February 2005 to July 2005 Quality Inspector at Raymarine Ltd in Portsmouth
(Contract) May 2004 to January 2005 Retail Assistant at ASDA (Wal-Mart) Supermarkets in Hartlepool
(Permanent) 2003 to May 2004 Customer Service Agent at Npower Call Centre, Peterlee
(Permanent) 2002 to 2003 Customer Service Agent at GARLANDS CALL CENTRES in Hartlepool
(Permanent) 2001 to 2002 Quality Engineer at ALENIA MARCONI SYSTEMS in Portsmouth
(Permanent) 1998 to 2001 Inspector, Test Technician, Chemist at Argos Electronic Circuits in Portsmouth
(Permanent) 1992 to 1998 Chris Buckland
My ideal role will be within an organisation which requires a quality, supply chain professional who is a reliable individual committed to adding value to the business by using knowledge & skills obtained throughout my working career. The ability to develop partnerships with new or existing supply chain partners to deliver on quality, on time & on cost deliverables. The ability to forge meaningful professional relationships with internal stakeholders & supplier representatives. Willing to continuously improve myself with personally funded development opportunities to ensure the latest skills & techniques are utilised to improve & help change an organisation as required so future opportunities can be exploited by the organisation.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.