Over 10 years’ experience in the design, manufacture and test of radiofrequency and power conversion equipment for communication satellite payloads, ranging L to Ka band.
The common denominator of all programs where I have participated as technical or program manager is the high content of new development designs and processes. As such, I have dealt with high risk program plans from the technical and programmatic points of view. Wide experience in risk management, problem solving and non-conformance processes.
Along my career, I have progressed from support electrical engineer tasks to technical manager positions, and later on I shifted to project manager responsibilities.
Project Manager -- November 2009 – Present
As a technically oriented Project Manager of several new development programs for space applications, my main responsibilities are leading the team all along program execution, to meet all target requirements (performance, quality, cost and schedule). My role also includes customer and subcontractor interface and negotiation.
· 2010-2013 Development program of Ku and Ka LNAs and Downconverters (4 equipment)
· 2012-2013 Development program of 40W DC/DC converter.
· 2012-2013 Development program of highly stable and low phase noise X-band DRO.
· 2009-2010 X-Band and Ku-Band passive RF equipment. New developments.
I am also regularly involved in the preparation of proposals for new contract opportunities.
Technical Manager -- June 2004 – December 2012
Technical Manager of several programs for space applications. I was in charge of all technical aspects of the equipment from design, manufacturing and test, as well as assessing technical, cost and schedule risks and trade-offs along the program. Owner of all technical related problems and accountable for its analysis and resolution. Design and test engineering team leader as well as customer and subcontractor technical interface.
· 2009-2012 Technical manager for the development of family of DC/DC converters ranging 1W to 40W for 28V up to 100V spacecraft buses.
· 2005-2009 Technical manager for commercial communication satellites with more than 900 L band flight LNAs delivered.
· 2004-2005 Technical manager for earth observation program SMOS phase C/D L band radiometer.
Electrical Engineer -- December 2002 – June 2004
Electrical engineer in the Space and Microwave business unit of Mier Comunicaciones. Devoted to the development of a L-band (1.5GHz) radiometer in the frame of the SMOS (Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity) project of the European Space Agency. Such equipment includes several RF microelectronic circuits self-designed in GaAs (MIXER, LNA, RF and IF amplifiers, ADC and a multiplexer), as well as other modules with discrete components (variable attenuator, power detector, supply and signal filters, matching networks, among others). In this position, most of my activities were focused in the flight production of custom designed MMICs (Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit) and corresponding MHICs (Microwave Hybrid Integrated Circuit). I spent several periods at foundry and packaging subcontractor premises dealing with technical and test issues.
RF engineer trainee -- September 2001 – December 2002
Worked part-time in the broadcasting R+D department of Mier Comunicaciones as RF engineer trainee. Focused on analogue TV broadcasting, DVB (Digital Video Broadcasting), DAB (Digital Audio Broadcasting) and GSM base stations. During that period I was involved in the design, prototyping and test of several circuits: frequency synthesizer in the UHF band (500-900MHz) for DVB, PLL’s, radiofrequency amplifiers (0-1.5GHz), analogue filters, frequency doublers, power dividers and others.
M. Sc. degree inElectrical and Electronic Engineering, 2013, UPC (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya). Master Thesis devoted to the design, analysis, production and test of a family of DC/DC converters for spacecraft bus applications ranging 1W to 40W for 28V to 100V buses.
M. Sc. degree inCommunications Engineering, 2002, UPC (Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya), obtaining Honour qualification in the Master Thesis. Master Thesis devoted to design and implementation of a 12-bit current steering D/A converter on a 0.35µm CMOS technology for communication applications.
· “Space Systems Engineering” course at University of Southampton.
· Course“Design of CMOS Integrated Circuits for RF Wireless Communications” at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
· Course “Analogue microelectronic design with CMOS and BiCMOS (II): Applications” at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
· Seminars “CAD tools for microelectronic design (I)” and “CAD tools for microelectronic design (II)” at Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya.
· Several seminars devoted to project management, team leading as well as negotiation techniques.
· Matlab: Powerful software tool for the development, analysis and representation of mathematical models, as well as system simulation (Simulink).
· Spice, Orcad: Circuit spice simulation and layout designer tool for PCB designers.
· Cadence. Electronic design program capable of many applications, especially oriented to digital and analogue microelectronic design.
· Advanced Design System (ADS): Electronic design software designed for communication systems and radiofrequency/microwave active and passive circuits.
· Touchstone, Max_Plus II (AHDL), Leonardo (VHDL synthesis), Magic (layout editor), AutoCAD and others.
· Course in Robotics (1996). With the design and implementation of a white line follower (“sniffer”).
· Participation in the Spanish Contest of Robots with three self-designed robots, assembled in October of 1998 and 1999 in Barcelona, and in April 2001 in Alcalá de Henares (Madrid) in which my team ranked first.
In the frame of my Masther Thesis in Communications Engineering I designed and implemented a 12-bit current steering D/A converter on a 0.35mm CMOS technology capable of working at sampling frequencies of 400MHz (state of the art at that moment). I developed models and results that allowed the preparation and publication of the following scientific papers:
- 'Extended Mismatch and Dynamic Modelling of Current Sources in Current-Steering CMOS D/A Converters: An Improved Design Procedure' in Transactions on Circuits and Systems, January 2004, vol. 51, pp. 159-169.
- 'Improved current-source sizing for high-speed high-accuracy current steering D/A converters', accepted and presented at the “IEEE International Conference on Circuits and Systems (ISCAS) 2003”, Bangkok.
- 'Improved Current Source Cell Sizing Methodology in High-Speed High-Accuracy Current Steering DA Converters', accepted and presented at the “Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems 2002 Congress (DCIS 2002)”, Santander, Spain.
- 'Improved Design Methodology for High-Speed High-Accuracy Current Steering D/A Converters', accepted and presented at “Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE) 2003” congress, Munich, Germany.
- The results of my Master Thesis have been used for writing the chapter 'Current-Steering High-Speed D/A Converters for Communications' that appears in the book ‘CMOS Telecom Data Converters’, 2003, p. 93-148. Edited by Mixed Signal Design Cluster and published by Kluwer.
The work performed in the frame of the SMOS mission radiometer lead to the following ESA (European Space Agency) publication:
- ‘L-Band Interferometric Radiometer for SMOS Mission‘ published in “ESA Advanced RF Sensors and Remote Instruments” in November 2009.
Spanish and Catalan: Native speaker.
English spoken and written: “Certificate of Proficiency in English” (1995), University of Cambridge, England.
President of the Telecogresca association (1998-2011): Gratuitous help towards the Telecogresca association as president and maximum responsible of its activities. This association is responsible, among several other activities, of one of the largest university music festivals in Catalonia.
I occasionally practice some sports like cycling, squash or running, and also enjoy travelling, cinema, electronics and computers.
I have no inconvenient in travelling and B1 driving license.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.