October 2010 – Present: Advanced Space Concepts Laboratory, University of Strathclyde, Glasgow
Project Title: Design of Novel Hybrid Propulsion transfers
Through my research I have developed a novel hybrid propulsion transfer and optimisation methodology. I have gained experience in modelling and optimising high and low-thrust transfers, both analytically and numerically. I have also applied the hybrid transfer to several relevant transfers, primarily LEO/GTO - GEO transfers, for medium to large satellite platforms (1000 – 8000 kg) with current and near-term propulsion systems. This has particularly focussed on the new Alphabus satellite specification due to its use of high and low-thrust propulsion systems. The transfer has demonstrated significant improvements in fuel mass compared to conventional high-thrust transfers (Hohmann and bi-elliptic) and, due to its definition, will also reduce radiation loads on a spacecraft compared to current hybrid and low-thrust transfers. Through this project I have gained experience in mission analysis, guidance and navigation of spacecraft. I have also learnt to manage all aspects of a project through experience and a formal professional project management qualification I have gained (CAPM).
o Analogy to Bi-Elliptic Transfers Incorporating High- and Low-Thrust, Journal of Guidance, Control and Dynamics, Vol.36, No.3(2013), pp. 890-894,doi: 10.2514/1.57917
o A Novel Approach to Hybrid Propulsion Transfers, IAC, Cape Town, South Africa, October 3rd – 7th, 2011
o An Extension and Numerical Analysis of the Hohmann Spiral Transfer, IAC, Naples, Italy, October 1st – 5th, 2012
o Hohmann Spiral Transfer With Inclination Change Performed By Low-Thrust System,Presented at the AIAA Spaceflight Mechanics, Kauai, Hawaii, USA, February 10th – 14th, 2013
o Novel numerical optimisation of the Hohmann Spiral Transfer. IAC, China, September 23rd – 27th, 2013
2004 – 2009: University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
Masters with Distinction in Aero-Mechanical Engineering (MEng: IMechE & RAeS Accredited)
Core Subjects Studied: Machine/Structural Dynamics; Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics; Aerodynamic Propulsion & Performance; Spaceflight Mechanics; Systems and Control;
2007 – Jan to June: Luleå University of Technology, Luleå, Sweden
ERASMUS student exchange programme which helped broaden my engineering knowledge and experience.
· Further Qualifications
o Certified Associate of Project Management (CAPM)
· Professional Courses Attended
o Project Management, Risk Management, Technology Commercialisation and New Business Development
· Technical Skills
o Competent with all Microsoft packages
o Proficient and Experienced in several engineering programmes including MATLAB, ANSYS, Pro Engineer (Finite Element Analysis) and MathCAD
o Problem Solving and Experimental Techniques
o I hold a full UK driving license with no convictions
o First Strathclyde student to pass CAPM examination
o Selected by University for video case study – The Professional Researcher
o Awarded travel grants to attend overseas conferences by Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET)[x1],Institute of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE)[x2]/European Space Agency (ESA)[x1]/Royal Aeronautical Society(RaeS)[x1]
o Mentored first UK student team to win prestigious ESA’s CanSAT competition
· Professional Memberships
o Member of IMechE, RaeS and IET
o Ambassador for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) and IMechE campaigns
Tutoring and Lecturing Position
Glasgow, Scotland, Dates: October 2010 – Present
Alongside my PhD I am also responsible for tutoring and lecturing undergraduate classes. Through this I have gained fantastic experience in communicating complex ideas and helping the students learn and use complex engineering theory for ‘real-life’ engineering problems. Classes involved: Systems Engineering, FEA, Matlab, MathCAD
Weir Services – Power and Industrial Division
Alloa, Scotland, Dates: June 2009 – September 2009
During this placement I gained exposure to Lean principles and implemented a total planned maintenance schedule to capture maintenance costs and improve machine reliability; ultimately improving the performance of the service centre. I worked directly with management and workshop personnel in this role, allowing further development of my teamwork and communication skills while also gaining experience of working to strict project deadlines.
· At the advanced space concepts laboratory, we develop ideas as part of a small team and then share them amongst the whole department at a weekly colloquia. This encourages great teamwork and allows ideas to be developed to their full potential.
· While studying in Sweden, I embraced the opportunity to train with the Swedish Military for a course in Arctic Survival. Out of my comfort zone and the only native English speaker, I was tasked with communicating the group orders among all members in a task in which we had to construct a snow-hole to spend the night.
· I have gained presentation experience from several situations: presenting my research/work to fellow colleagues, experts in the industry at conferences and engineering management through my industry placements.
· While on placement at Weir Services. I was the main link between management and workshop personnel for my project. I had to ensure both parties knew exactly what to do at every stage of the project.
· In 2011, a few friends and I entered an engineering TV show broadcast on a UK satellite TV channel, Sky 1, named Safebreakers. I was appointed team captain and was responsible for organising the team, making critical design decisions and ensuring we stayed within the budget. This was a novel management experience for me and required quick, clear and effective thinking which I believe I demonstrated as we went on to beat our competitors and additionally, win the grand prize of £5000 with a superb end of series episode.
I enjoy keeping up to date with current affairs: specifically technology innovation in engineering and business news. I also have a love to learn new skills which is why I pursued a PhD and I hope to continue you this throughout my career. Personally, I am a highly motivated and active person and enjoy competing in many different activities. These include Football, Mountain-biking, Running, Squash and Winter Sports. I have completed a marathon, several half-marathons, a seven hour endurance mountain-biking race and several triathlons. I have also represented both my local club and county in national golf competitions. I believe my participation and high level of performance in these competitions highlights my determination and commitment to any challenge I take on. I enjoy experiencing new cultures and environments and have travelled through South East Asia and worked and lived in both Australia and New Zealand which I think demonstrates my flexibility and adaptability.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.