Telecommunications Specialist with Extensive International Experience
A HIGHLY MOTIVATED TELECOMMUNICATIONS EXPERT of proven ability, with over 30 years of experience (including remote locations such as Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Asia, Antarctica, Micronesia & the Balkans), who has developed:
• Managerial and Project Leadership expertise – VBSS Green Belt;
• Practical skills as a Manager, Technical Supervisor, Engineer, and Instructor;
• Planning, organizing and coordinating experience;
• Administrative proficiency, advanced computer applications skills;
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written);
• Outstanding technical skills in several disciplines.
• Strong operations-oriented leadership and technical background.
• Adept at delivering excellence in all areas of job performance.
• Thorough technical knowledge of Satellite, Microwave, UHF/VHF, Fiber Optic (SONET), Telephony and Internet applications.
• Systems Engineer/Project Manager - USA 2012-Present
• Sr. Project Support Engineer - Afghanistan 2010-2012
• DVB-RCS Field Service and Installations - Afghanistan 2008-2010
• Satellite Engineering and Installations - Iraq/ Afghanistan 2006-2008
• Project Leader / Site Manager - Qatar 2003-2005
• Satellite Communications Supervisor - Qatar 2002-2003
• Network Operations Specialist - USA 2001-2002
• Site Manager/ Satellite Communications Technician - KSA 1999-2000
• Network Operations Specialist - USA 1998-1999
• Senior Communications Technician - Antarctica 1996-1997
• Senior Communications Technician - Balkans 1995-1996
• Section Supervisor - Marshall Islands 1992-1995
• Senior Maintenance Technician - Marshall Islands 1990-1992
• Instructor – US Army USA 1988-1989
• Shift Supervisor / Technician – US Army Japan 1986-1988
• Telecommunications Specialist - US Army 1982-1986
UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN / ITT SYSTEMS DIV – 2004
• Value-Based Six Sigma (VBSS) Green Belt
UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND UNIVERSITY COLLEGE - 1998
• Bachelor of Science in Business Management (Dean’s List)
RADIANCE TECHNOLOGIES, INCORPORATED
Project Manager/Comm Systems Engineer – USA 2012 to Present
• Providing ISR telecom support for OCONUS projects and personnel.
• Developing new ISR systems for fixed and mobile applications.
• Consult with Program Management Offices to define requirements.
• Coordinate project tasks between CONUS and OCONUS groups.
Senior Project Support Engineer – Afghanistan 2010 to 2012
• Provided ISR telecom support for multiple projects/aerial sensors.
• Developed ISR-MAN infrastructure connectivity for multi-sensor PED Convergence.
• Consulted with multiple agencies in developing Reachback PED solution.
• Trained military and civilian technicians in operations and maintenance of telecom systems.
ITT SYSTEMS DIVISION/MARSHALL COMMUNICATIONS
DVB-RCS Field Service Engineer - Afghanistan 2008 to 2010
• Provided installation and repair for full motion video systems via satellite from UAVs and manned surveillance aircraft.
• Supported CJTF, JIOC, CJSOTF, USMC and SOCOM customers throughout AFG.
• Maintained configuration maintenance data for baseband and satellite services.
• Coordinated with multiple support elements in SWA, EUR, and CONUS.
• Completed WGS Ka-band upgrade for over 30 sites.
DATAPATH, INC (now ROCKWELL COLLINS) – Iraq / Afghanistan 2006 to 2008
JNN Satellite Communications Engineer / Installations
• Led 5 satellite technicians in support of JNN systems in Afghanistan.
• Implemented and sustain FDMA/TDMA network in support of CJTF-76/82
• Developed operational, maintenance and troubleshooting procedures.
• Assisted in troubleshooting and repair of JNN and “fly-away” systems.
• Installed complete systems and equipment upgrades on DKETs.
ITT SYSTEMS DIVISION – Qatar/Iraq 2002 to 2005
Assistant Site Manager – Camp Victory, Iraq - TAC-SWA Project
• Managed 140 technical contractors in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Coordinated technical projects within the local military unit.
• Initiated multiple employee reward/promotion programs.
• Technical liaison for Central Iraq Microwave System – ATM over SONET OC-3.
Project Leader – Al Udeid AB, Qatar - LogWorld and CTSS Projects
• Led 65 technical contractors on two communications projects.
• Coordinated project support throughout Southwest Asia for 130 personnel.
• Provided broad spectrum of communications services and support.
• Developed and implemented policies and administrative procedures.
• Deployed technicians and equipment throughout the region.
• Awarded “Air Force 2003 Best Small Communications Squadron”.
Supervisor – Al Udeid AB, Qatar - AN/GSC-39D Satellite Terminal (STEP)
• Initiated operations on the newly-installed satellite facility.
• Recruited initial team of technicians, assisted with personnel deployment.
• Developed technical and administrative policies.
• Coordinated initial testing and evaluations with CENTAF and DISA.
• Created local records database for historical archive.
SPRINT COMMUNICATIONS – New Jersey 2000 to 2002
Network Operations Specialist – International Broadband Activations Center
• Configured international circuits up to OC-192 (10 GB/s) level.
• Utilized Alcatel, NEC, Tellabs and Ciena CoreDirector systems.
• Coordinated services with international customers and technicians.
• Directed activation, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
• Updated local records database for activation history.
ITT FEDERAL SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL – Saudi Arabia 1999 to 2000
Site Manager – Promoted from previous position
Supported Joint Forces in SW Asia (HT/MT Restoral Terminal).
• Managed 7 technicians in SatCom Operation & Maintenance.
• COMSEC Responsible Officer / equipment custodian for site assets.
• Interviewed, recruited and trained incoming technical personnel.
• Directed maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
• Developed new projects and improved technical procedures.
• Coordinated with the Project Manager and supporting military units.
Senior Satellite Communications Technician
• Maintained satellite terminal equipment at Prince Sultan Air Base.
• Augmented site training program; acted as Maintenance Coordinator.
• Awarded ‘ITT President’s Award’ for outstanding customer service.
• Promina / Integrated Digital Network Exchange (IDNX), DSCS FDMA
• Subsystem (DFCS), multiplexers, PSK and fiber optic modems, encryption devices, frequency converters, amplifiers, tracking system.
SPRINT COMMUNICATIONS – New Jersey 1998 to 1999
Network Operations Specialist – International Maintenance Control Center
• Maintained worldwide satellite and fiber optic network.
• Monitored communications (SONET, PDH, SDH) via multiple surveillance platforms.
• Performed troubleshooting of network equipment (DACS, SONET Rings) and surveillance systems (SONET Transmission Manager).
• Processed scheduled and unscheduled maintenance tickets.
ANTARCTIC SUPPORT ASSOCIATES – McMurdo Station, Antarctica 1996 to 1997
Senior Communications Technician
• Designed, installed, operated and maintained communication systems supporting the National Science Foundation and NASA.
• Operated and controlled remote systems via PLC and SCADA.
• Provided regional tracking coverage of NOAA & NASA Satellites
• Maintained satellite up/down links, satellite tracking and data handling systems, T1 microwave links, programmable radiotelephone systems.
DARLINGTON INCORPORATED – Balkan Region / Southeast Europe 1995 to 1996
• Assigned to the Balkan Region of Eastern Europe to design, install and maintain UHF/VHF radio networks in six countries for three international diplomatic, security and customs missions.
• Maintained networks of Motorola radios and repeaters, INMARSAT terminals, Standard-A & Standard-M Briefcase Satellite Telephones, Standard-C Capsat units.
RAYTHEON RANGE SYSTEMS ENGINEERING – Marshall Islands 1990 to 1995
Section Leader – Promoted from previous position
• Supervised a team of technicians in all aspects of operations & maintenance of a SatCom station for the Western Test Range.
• Planned terminal upgrade projects and designed detailed database.
• Awarded ‘1995 DISA Pacific Region Satellite Station of the Year’.
Senior / Principal Maintenance Technician
• Designed and installed terminal modifications.
• Developed calibration cycle database.
• Directed technicians in maintenance and operations.
• Upgraded preventive maintenance program.
US ARMY – CONUS and Okinawa, Japan 1986 to 1989
Satellite Communications Supervisor/Technician/Instructor
• Conducted training in operations & maintenance of tactical satellite communications terminals in various stateside locations.
• Prepared programs of instruction and lesson plans.
• Supervised operation of SatCom terminal (AN/MSC-46).
• Operated and maintained terminal equipment from baseband through antenna tracking system.
L-3 Red Eagle/KG-245X Certification 2012
CompTIA Security + Certification 2012
WAVE Certified Integration Engineer 2011
N.E.T. IDNX / Promina Operations & Maintenance Courses 2000
Defense SatCom FDMA Control Sub-System (DFCS) 1991
Advanced Electronic Techniques Course 1988
CECOM Instructor Training Course 1988
Tactical Satellite Communications Terminal Course 1988
Digital Techniques Course 1987
SatCom Ground Station Equipment Repair Course 1986
Tactical Telecommunications Center Operator 1983
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.