September 2011-June 2013: Senior optoelectronic devices engineer - Plasmionique Inc., working as outsource in micro-system group, Defense Research and Development Canada (DRDC), Valcartier
Design, fabrication, and characterization of high speed dual band micro bolometer sensors.
- Design, fabrication, and characterization of 25 microns pitch micro bolometer sensors.
- Multilayer (fifteen layers including some smart materials such as Vanadium Oxide and YBCO) mask design and fabrication (deposition, photolithography, etching,..).
- Device packaging.
2007-2012: Working on my Ph. D research project in microphotonics laboratory and microfabrication laboratory (LMF) of the Engineering Physics Department - École Polytechnique de Montréal, Montréal, Canada.
Research Project: Integrating microphotonics integrated circuits (microPICs)-MEMS inertial sensors on Silicon-On-Insulator -design, fabrication and characterization.
The objective of the project is to use a double Silicon-On-Insulator (SOI) platform to integrate microPICs-MEMS inertial sensors (accelerometers and gyroscopes) on a single chip to provide a multifunction optical navigation microchip that can provide high performance attitude sensing for micro-sat platforms. This project was financially supported by Canadian Space Agency (CSA).
- Integrating two-axis optical-MEMS accelerometers and gyroscopes on a single SOI microchip.
- Integrating micophotonics elements (optical waveguides, T-splitters,…) with MEMS actuators such as Comb drives on one single SOI microchip.
- Performing optical simulation for each micophotonics element using design software and CAD tools.
- Performing ElecroMechanical simulation (CoventorWare) for MEMS parts.
- Optical and mechanical characterization of the fabricated devices.
- Integrating the input of the microchip with optical fibers and the output with photodetectors.
- Packaging using wire bonding.
- Gained six years of experience in optical sensors designing, fabrication and testing.
- Acquired six years of experience in reporting, documentation, advising and making recommendation on a CSA scientific research project.
- Excellence through results-delivering through own work, releationships and responsibilities.
- Engagement-Working effectively with people, organizations, and partners (MPB Inc. and CSA).
2001 - 2007: Faculty member of physics department atAzad university, and research assistant at Thin Film Laboratory (TFL),department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) - University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran.
- Taught courses in the field of Physics mainly optics and lasers.
- Doing research on silicon bulk micromachining.
1998 - 2001: Working on my master project in the clean room of TFL, ECE department - University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
Research Project: Investigation of a novel UV-HNA method for <100> silicon micromachining.
HANDS ON SKILLS:
- Optical Simulation (Matlab, Rsoft CAD, Beam PROP, FemSIM)
- ElecroMechanical Simulation (CoventorWare)
- Layout Software (L-Edit, Design Workshop)
- Photoresist Coating, Mask Alignment and Exposure, Resist Development and Lift-off
- Sputtering, E-beam Evaporation Deposition, Thermal Deposition
Wet Chemical Etching
Bulk and Surface Micromachining
- Optical Profilometer (White Light Interferometer)
- Atomic Force Microscopy
- Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Stylus Profilometer (Dektak)
- MEMS Devices Characterization
- Focused Ion Beam
- Wire bonding
2007 – 2012: Ph. Din Engineering Physics –École Polytechnique de Montreal, Montreal, Canada
1998 - 2001: Master's degree (M.Sc) in Applied Physics– University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
1994 - 1998: Bachelor Degree (B.Sc) in Applied Physics– University of Bu Ali Sina, Hamadan, Iran
1. K.Zandi, J. A. Bélenger, and Y.-A. Peter, “Designand Demonstration of an In-Plane Silicon-On-Insulator Optical MEMS Fabry Pérot-Based Accelerometer Integrated With Channel Waveguides,” IEEE J. of MEMS, vol. 21, no.6, pp. 1464-1470, 2012.
2. K. Zandi, E. Arzi, N. Izadi, S. Mohajerzadeh, S. Haji, Y. Abdi and E. Asl Soleimani, “A study of bulk
micromachining for <100> silicon”, Eur. Phys. J. Appl. Phys. 35, 7-12, 2006.
3. K. Zandi, S. Haji, S. Mohajerzadeh, K. Naeli, M. Mozaffari and E. Asl. Soleimani,“Anisotropic etching of <100> silicon using a novel UV-HNA technique” vol. 14, no.8, pp. 407-413, Sensors and Materials, 2002.
1. K. Zandi, J. Zou, B. Wong, R. V. Kruzelecky, and Y.-A. Peter, “VOA-Based Optical MEMS Accelerometer,” IEEE/LEOS International Conference on Optical MEMS and Nanophotonics, Istanbul, Turkey, 2011.
2. R. V. Kruzelecky, B. Wong, J. Zou, W. Jamroz, K. Zandi, and Y.-A. Peter, “Space Fiber-optics and microPhotonics,” in 7th International Workshop on Fibre Optics and Passive Components, Montréal, Canada, 2011. (invited)
3. K. Zandi B. Wong, J. Zou, R. V. Kruzelecky, W. Jamroz, and Y.-A. Peter, "In-Plane Silicon-On-Insulator Optical MEMS Accelerometer Using Waveguide Fabry-Perot Microcavity With Silicon / Air Bragg Mirrors," 23rd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, Hong Kong, pp. 839-842, 2010.
4. K. Zandi, Y. Zhao, J. Schneider, and Y.-A. Peter, "New Photoresist Coating Method for High Surface
Topography," 23rd IEEE Intl. Conf. on Micro Electro Mechanical Systems, Hong Kong, pp. 392-395, 2010.
5. K.Zandi, S.Saghafi, S.Mohajerzadeh and E.Arzi, “Laser assisted vertical etching of (111) Silicon Wafers”,ondensed matter conference, Iran, Ferdosi University, Mashhad, January 14&15, 2007.
6. S. Haji, K. Zandi , S. Mohajerzadeh, K.Naeli, and E. Asl. Soleimani, “Micromachining of (100) Si using a novel ultra-violet induced anisotropic etching in HNA solution”, ICM 2001, Morocco.
7. K. Zandi, S.Haji, S.Mohajerzadeh, E.Asl. Soleimani and E. Arzi, “Parameter Optimization in anisotropic etching silicon using micromachining technique in KOH Solution” Condensed matter conference, Iran, 2001.
8. M.Mozaffari, K.Zandi, S.Haji, S.Mohajerzadeh and E.Asl. Soleimani, “Study and fabrication of micro bridge on Si <100> membranes”9th Iranian conference on electrical engineering, pp.34-37, 2001.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.