Objective: Seeking an entry-level engineering position in research & development and applied physics.
Recent Physics graduate with experience in academia and Research & Development. Roles include: Teaching, supervising, tutoring, problem solving, grading, root-cause analysis, numerical/data/graphical analysis, lab work, equipment assembly, product development, component testing, optimization, and automation.
Motivated and curious individual with demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with management, peers, and subordinates. Proven history of working collaboratively, and individually, to find solutions and new understanding of underlying principles, in order to better contribute to an end goal. Areas of expertise include:
Computer Skills: Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Mathematica, Python, Matplotlib, C++, bash, and SolidWorks
Equipment Skills: Electrical/thermal/optical testing equipment (Digital multimeters/voltmeter/ammeter/ohmmeter, oscilloscopes, signal generators, power supplies, thermocouples, etc.), hand tools, microscope, telescope, vacuum system, temperature controls, gas flow meters, soldering
University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
Jan. 2012 – May 2013
Graduate Teacher’s Assistant, Department of Physics
Advisor: Dr. Michael Briggs, Lab Manager
Responsibilities: Ran undergraduate physics labs, tutoring, and grading
· Co-managed lab sections for introductory Physics I & II
o Supervised student’s progress
o Guided students in problem solving by exposing different approaches, providing thought provoking questions to steer them in the right direction, and working out thorough collaborative step-by-step solutions when needed
o Prepared and set-up labs based from a pre-made lab manual
· Graded lab reports, in-lab worksheets, recitation worksheets, and exams
· Met with lab manager and professors, on a weekly basis, to discuss the logistics of labs
Space Science Center; Institute for the Study of Earth, Oceans, and Space; UNH Durham, NH
Research Group: Space Plasma Theory
Advisors: Dr. Fatima Ebrahimi & Dr. Bertrand Lefebvre
Responsibilities: Numerical studies of non-axisymmetric magnetorotational instability in MPCX
· Utilized an eigenvalue problem solver code (evpsolver) to solve for the maximum growth rates of the magnetorotational instability (MRI) in a differentially rotating plasma
· Automated the process of running evpsolver and finding, sorting, and plotting the appropriate data via python programming and Matplotlib
· Wrote a python program to solve the local dispersion relation to verify the accuracy of evpsolver
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy, NY
June 23 – August 24, 2011
Visiting Scholar & Intern
Research Group: Future Chips Constellation
Advisor: Dr. Christian Wetzel
Responsibilities: Assisted with LED research
· Performed electrical and optical measurement/characterization of new green LED devices
· Qualified to run characterization measurements
o QuickTest, RTA, XRD, Leihighton
· Focused on I-V characterization of GaInN/GaN Solar Cells
o Graphical analysis of collected I-V data, using Python programming and Matplotlib
North Park University Chicago, IL
May – December 2009
Teacher’s Assistant, Department of Physics
Advisor: Professor Linda McDonald
Responsibilities: Tutored and assisted with labs for introductory level courses
· Interfaced with professors to discuss logistics of labs and tutoring
· Worked with students in individual and group settings employing various lesson techniques to optimize each student’s understanding
Nanocomp Technologies, Inc. Concord, NH
May – August 2008
Responsibilities: Assist in R&D of Carbon Nanotube yarns and textiles
· Assisted Thermoelectric group
o Thermoelectric testing (e.g. thermal/electric conductivity, resistance, current, voltage, specific heat, device efficiency, etc.)
o Assisted with the development of thermoelectric P-N junction devices
· Worked on the calibration of a new Chemical Vapor Deposition Furnace/textile/vacuum system
o Experimented with temperature controls, gas flows, fuel injection rates, yarn collection rates, collection fixtures, etc.
o Utilized test results (e.g. Raman spectroscopy, tensile strength) of experimental product to guide root-cause analysis/calibration
· Data collection and graphical analysis using Microsoft Excel
Freelance Musician (Trumpet)
2005 – 2010
· Holiday Church services
o Accompanied choir
o Brass quintet/ensemble
o Church orchestra
o Community/University/youth plays, operas, and musicals(e.g. Guys & Dolls, Les Miserables, A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum)
· Youth/community orchestra
o Manchester NH youth orchestra, and wind ensemble
o UNH youth concert band
· Trumpet teacher
Landscaping and property maintenance
May – August 2006
· Mulching, lawn mowing, raking, patio construction, masonry, sanding, and painting
Family Physical Therapy Services Bedford, NH
2003 – 2006
Office Assistant & Custodian
Responsibilities: Day to day office and custodial duties
· Learned the inner workings of a small business
· Scheduled patients
· Organized patient filing system
· Daily office custodial services
· North Park University Music Ensembles:
o Lead Trumpet, Jazz Ensemble, 2006-2010
o Trumpet, Jazz Combo, 2009-2010
o Trumpet, Concert Band, 2006-2010
o Principle Trumpet, 2008-2010
o Principle Trumpet, Orchestra, 2006-2010
o Trumpet, Brass Ensemble/Quintet, 2007-2010
· Building a 15ft. skerry (sailboat)
· 6 week cross-country motorcycle trip, alone, summer 2013
o NH to the Pacific Northwest (OR,WA,BC), and back.
o 9500+ miles
North Park University, Chicago, IL May 2010
B.S. in Physics, w/ Minor in Music
University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH September 2011 - May 2013
Continued Education & Graduate Studies in Physics
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.