Clearance Status: Current active secret, dormant Top Secret/SSBI (good until August 2014), U.S. Citizen
Dynamic engineering professional with 30+ years of experience in the satellite industry including 14+ years of experience in real-time satellite operations. Certified vehicle planner/analyst on 7 different satellite programs. Additional experience in satellite and payload test/integration, requirements flowdown/analysis, technical training, risk management, technical documentation, and related areas. Proficient in VAX/VMS, Oracle, Filemaker Pro, DOORS, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Fortran, UNIX, Matlab, STK, Perl, DEC and Internet applications.
v Found and resolved a satellite command load anomaly that could have resulted in damage to a satellite. Recipient of L3 Achievement Award as a result of above action.
v Involved in the successful launch of 4 satellites for the Defense Support Program. Recipient of Lockheed Superior Team Performance Award for successful satellite launch aboard the Space Shuttle.
v Involved in the successful launch of satellites on Milstar, NATO 3, Landsat 8, and ‘black’ programs.
v Received a 6.4 out of 7.0 satisfaction rating from the military customer for a satellite subsystem training course that was developed by myself and taught to the customer on 3 different occasions on Milstar. Also developed and taught a class on data analysis twice to subcontractor personnel which was highly received.
v Found and resolved a satellite anomaly that could have resulted in damage to a satellite. Recipient of Lockheed Spot Award as a result of above action.
v Developed a database highly received by both internal and external customer and military personnel
for tracking of ground system problems on the Milstar program.
v Created an analysis report on ground segment equipment maturity that was highly received by the miltary and external customer and used for further follow-up analysis of the system.
v Developed a system test metrics system highly received by both the military and customer personnel
on the Milstar satellite program.
v Achieved significant cost savings to company in having to avoid hiring an additional person and helped company achieve SEI CMM Level 3 certification by taking over the above-mentioned full-time requisition in addition to my normal system engineering duties.
v Involved in the passing of 2 successful ISO-9001 audits with 2 different companies.
San Jose State University– San Jose, CA BS in Meteorology, Minor in Mathematics, 1983
Employment History (2/84 to present)
Landsat 8 Satellite Systems Engineer/ ASRC Aerospace, 11/12-12/13 (laid off 12/31/13 due to task order ending):
GOES Payload Engineer/ ASRC Aerospace, 05/12-11/12
Milstar Test And Evaluation Manager/ Business Technology and Solutions Inc (BTAS),05/11-09/11
Satellite Engineer/L-3 Communications Engineering & Technical Services, 06/09-05/11
· Perform duties as satellite system operator and ground system operator for the NFIRE satellite program including coordination and performance of satellite commanding, verification of state of health telemetry and ground system configuration. Perform other duties as assigned, including operational procedure development, operational training, and other similar engineering duties.
Flight Specialist/Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc, 04/08-06/09
Engineering Specialist/Northrop Grumman Electronic Systems, 11/02-09/07
· Performed payload testing on the ATMS and SSMIS programs.
· Performed database work on SBIRS HEO, including building and delivery of databases, support database
meetings including peer reviews (moderator certified), and other program meetings.
· Performed flight payload data analysis and trending for the DSP satellite program. Produced procedures for the flight data analysis group.
· Developed and taught military and contractor personnel training courses for the SBIRS HEO (Highly Elliptical Orbit) payload in the areas of system test and nominal orbital operations. Assisted in the writing and publication of the SBIRS HEO Orbital Operations Handbook.
Systems Engineer/Navastro, 04/02-05/02
· Performed system engineering duties primarily in area of launch documentation generation for the Gravity Probe B program at Stanford.
In-Orbit Test Director / Space Systems Loral, 7/01-03/02
· Coordinate in-orbit testing with bus and payload staff in support of commercial satellite programs.
· Assisted with the department’s ISO 9001 certification process.
Senior Applications Analyst / Lockheed MartinMissiles & Space Operations, 6/00-7/01
· Created formal testing metrics and managed the Integrated System Test Master Program Schedule.
· Documented test plans, facilitated meetings in support of IST efforts, and served as test recorder.
· Assisted with the department’s ISO 9001 certification process.
Systems Engineer / Science Applications International Corporation, 3/00-6/00
· Generated weekly activity reports, designed training materials for an online risk management application, produced charts for use in meetings, and created other program related documents for Advanced EHF.
Senior Applications Analyst / Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space Operations, 12/96-3/00
· Troubleshot the Satellite Mission Control Subsystem (SMCS) in support of the Milstar Satellite Program.
· Liaised with customer representatives and internal software development, configuration management, database and software integration staff to resolve system anomalies.
· Designed and developed a database and related metrics to track SMCS system issues.
· Produced metrics related to Software Peer Review processes.
· Performed satellite telemetry data trending from the Milstar Auxiliary Support Center VAX system.
· Developed and implemented a satellite electrical subsystem training course for customer representatives.
Command Generation Planner-Analyst / Lockheed Martin Technical Operations, 7/93-12/96
· Planned, produced and verified VAX output products for use by staff during satellite operational missions.
· Coordinated mission planning to ensure satellite safety, performance and data integrity for customers.
· Coordinated anomaly resolution using an in-house TSO-based documentation system.
Vehicle Planner-Analyst / Lockheed MartinTechnical Operations, 3/93-7/93
Acquired operational certification as a vehicle planner and analyst. Monitored real-time and commanding telemetry on low-orbit satellites. Conducted post-pass telemetry analysis and related functions.
Vehicle Planner-Analyst / Assistant Training Coordinator, Lockheed Martin Technical Operations,2/84-3/93
· Tracked and analyzed telemetry data on both low-orbit (SCATHA) and geosynchronous satellites (DSP). Served as shift leader and conducted technical briefings to resolve anomalies. Supported launch and rehearsal activities in preparation for operational support.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.