Professional Profile: A 19 year veteran Marine Communications Officer who is a dynamic leader and proven problem solver. Produces high quality results and has the ability to grasp and manage complex problems, develop a vision to determine a solution, and see it through to completion.
* Leadership and team building * Budget Planning and Fiscal Management * Strategic Planning and analysis * Sales force management * Program Management * Operational planning and training * Communication skills * Organization and task management
2012 – Present: Project Management Team Lead: Marine Corps Systems Command, Network Satellite and Communications Product Development.
Primary responsibility is to supervise the development of project scope, accomplishment of schedules, managing of costs and budgets of a suite of communication support products. Currently completing DAWIA Level II Project Management certification. Responsible for:
• Led an Integrated Product Team in the development of a mobile satellite communication and networking product.
• Led the development of the Communication Security program’s Work Breakdown Structure and 2000+ line Integrated Master Schedule. I have formal training on MS Project 2010.
• Managing Network Planning Management Software development Project Officer ensuring cost, schedule, and performance measures are met.
• Ensuring all team internal business functions are coordinated, staffed, and executed according to Marine Corps Orders, Directives and Statutory Requirements.
• Coordinating with external customers and stakeholders for all programs.
• Project Management of the Defense Advanced GPS Receiver (DAGR) program. Responsible for the Life Cycle Sustainment of over 11,000 handheld GPS receivers.
• Project Management of the Expeditionary Command and Control Suite (ECCS) program. Responsible for product development, integration, and fielding.
• Managing a budget portfolio in excess of over $21 million.
2009 - 2012: Telecommunications Management and Operation: Officer in Charge and Executive Officer for Marine Wing Communication Squadron:
Responsible for the comprehensive organization, training, and development of unit personnel located in geographically diverse locations. Accomplishments include:
• Developed requirements and process planning efforts, and developed training traceability procedures. Increased the technical acumen and leadership development of over 300 members.
• Directed all satellite access and networking plans which integrated digital switching and Unmanned Aerial Vehicle feeds into a comprehensive multiplexed network for aviation situational awareness and command and control.
• Directed and lead cross-functional planning teams for various complex networking and operational issues.
• Ensured all Administrative and Logistics support activities were coordinated for the conduct of training and exercise projects for over 300 personnel.
• Managed a budget of over $120,000.
• Acted as multi-service course leader at the Air Force’s Advanced Space Operations School’s Satellite Communications Advanced Course.
2007-2009: Communications Operations: Company Commander, 1st Marine Logistics Group Served as the Communication Company Commander supporting Marine Corps Logistics and Supply-Chain functions. Accomplishments include:
• Planned and coordinated the training of a 350 employees in a multi-functional telecommunication organization consisting of an IP based digitally switched backbone.
• Led the daily operational planning and execution of a multi-faceted nodal communication architecture, in a resource constrained environment.
• Led and supervised all communication installation, operations, management, maintenance, and infrastructure upgrades for Logistic Base Al Taqqadum and surrounding Forward Operating Bases supporting over 1,500 users and established reliable communication instrumental for the continuous supply-chain management functions in Al Anbar province, Iraqi.
• Responsible for the employment of three satellite-based networks and $34 million worth of communication equipment and vehicles.
2002-2006: Sales Management and Talent Recruiting Served as Operations Manager, Marine Corps Recruiting Station San Antonio, TX:
Responsible to the Regional Director for all Marine Corps recruiting efforts within South Texas. Managed an 85-man sales force in 14 sales districts. Focus areas were: sales team management and training, lead generation, advertising, and marketing for enlisted accessions.
• Attained over 100% of assigned accessions production assignments for 48 months exceeding all established quantity and quality standards.
• Supervised and managed a $100,000 operations budget; consisting of 14 different facilities, and 76 vehicles.
1994-2002: Multiple developmental leadership positions of increasing complexity within U.S. Marine Corps.
• Served in various leadership positions from platoon to company level.
• Served as Detachment Commander for the initial West Coast deployment of a Ground Mobile SHF Satellite Command and Control package in support of a Marine Expeditionary Unit.
Chronological listing of Marine Corps assignments:
• 2012- Present: Team Lead, Expeditionary Common Systems, Network Satellite Communication Program Development Office, Program Group 12, Marine Corps Systems Command, Quantico VA (Major)
• 2009-2012: Executive Officer and Inspector/ Instructor Officer in Charge, Marine Wing Communication Squadron 48, Great Lakes, IL (Major)
• 2007-2009: Company Commander, 1st Marine Logistics Group Communication Company, Camp Pendleton CA (Major)
• 2006- 2007: Watch Officer, J-6 Central Command, McDill AFB, Tampa FL (Major)
• 2004- 2006: Executive Officer, Recruiting Station San Antonio, San Antonio TX (Captain)
• 2002- 2004: Operations Officer, Recruiting Station San Antonio, San Antonio TX (Captain)
• 2000- 2002: Executive Officer, Communication Company 2nd Marine Division, Camp LeJeune NC (Captain )
• 1999- 2000: Communication Officer (S-6), 2nd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, Camp LeJeune NC (Lieutenant/ Captain)
• 1998-1999: Executive Officer, Communication Company Alpha, 9th Communication Battalion, Camp Pendleton CA (Lieutenant)
• 1997-1998: Satellite Enabler Detachment Commander, 13th Marine Expeditionary Unit, Camp Pendleton CA (Lieutenant)
• Air Force Advanced Space Operations School, Satellite Communications Advanced Course, 2012
• M.B.A. Phoenix University, 2008 • B.S. Political Science, University of North Texas, 1994
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.