CV: Space Systems Project Engineer
| Date Submitted:||03-02-2014|
| Last Modified:||04-02-2014 (12:14)|
Performance-focused Space Systems Project Engineer with demonstrated ability to achieve mission success. Front-line leader, adept at partnering with all functional organizations, who achieves management effectiveness in contracting schedule and reduced budgetary environments. Extensive Systems Engineering expertise in all program phases from pre-capture through product sustainment.
Mentors team-members in problem solving, risk reduction and opportunity identification.
* Earned Value/Control Account Management
* Risk and Opportunity Management
* Project Planning and Organization
* System Studies and Proposals
* Systems Analysis and Requirements Definition
* Systems Engineering Methodology
* Advanced user of Microsoft Office Products, Certified Project 2010 Specialist (MCTS)
RAYTHEON | INTELLIGENCE, INFORMATION AND SERVICES (IIS), AURORA, CO
Integrated Product Team (IPT) Lead (2011-2013)
Managed multi-functional staff of 40 engineers responsible for deployed satellite command and telemetry product sustainment and improvement. Performed Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) analysis weekly and executed Control Account Management (CAM) Earned Value analysis weekly/monthly. Continued as Committee member performing schedule coordination for the annual Raytheon Corporate Information Systems and Computing Technology Symposium.
* Established program baseline for follow-on contract without impacting on-going program performance through selective assignment of tasks to team, consolidation of discrete schedules and development of staffing plans and budgets.
* Accomplished Integrated Baseline Review with rare occurrence of no residual actions by demonstrating to Prime Contractor/Government customer’s proficient leadership to meet schedule and budget requirements; received special recognition of accomplishment from executive leadership.
* Corrected potential schedule delay of a critical project and achieved customer confidence that project would complete on time by identifying ideal staff augmentation and coordinating program transfers with home engineering organization.
* Conducted corporate symposium annually for past 7 years by working with technology leads from various Raytheon businesses to identify common topic groups, coordinating logistical requirements and developing schedule of presentations and tutorials.
Program Area Engineer (2006 – 2011)
Principle interface between local engineering directorate and program offices. Primary responsibilities included ensuring successful execution of engineering activities on programs, conducting Engineering Program Reviews and Proposal Reviews, approval of quarterly Estimate-at-Complete (EACs) and deployment coordinator of the Common Process Architecture. Served as the Engineering representative to the IIS Program Leadership Council Risk and Opportunity working group.
* Achieved company business strategy to increase work-share on key multi-contractor program by coordinating with Engineering Leadership Team to identify best-athlete candidates within company to fill staffing opportunities and interacting with program staffing team to interview/accept Raytheon candidates.
* Successful completion of ISO 9001 audit of weather satellite program by coordinating collection and review of engineering process artifacts.
Chief Engineering Office Staff Engineer (2004 – 2006)
Member of Chief Engineering Office on Denver Operations Maintenance and Engineering program. Performed various projects in support of the Program Management Office. Team lead for Engineering Improvement Tiger Team working off-site at East Coast location.
* Corrected engineering process deficiencies by coordinating with multi-site engineering organizations to apply common processes and implementation of problem solutions.
* Reduced annual effort required to perform cost-collection event for government customer by developing process and related spreadsheet tool for analyzing program financial data.
Systems Engineering Lead (2000 – 2004)
Managed staff of 25 Systems Engineers for the Data Processing Segment IPT for polar-orbiting weather satellite system. Participated in multiple program phases, including pre-proposal, proposal, program start-up, and product development. Staffed and coordinated system engineering efforts across multiple campuses within the IPT. Developed implementation-layer Systems Engineering processes. Performed as Control Account Manager with $45M budget.
* Significant contributor to award of nearly $1B contract by assembling engineering team, developing requirements and design artifacts, and presented at contractor selection Orals review.
* Created multi-tiered requirement specification tool to meet proposal schedule and budget constraints by applying multi-user database solution and training users.
Systems Engineer (1986 – 2000)
Previously held roles of increasing responsibility in the development and operation of complex satellite systems.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
BS, Electrical Engineering
University of Colorado, Denver Colorado
24 graduate level course-hours towards MS, Electrical Engineering
University of Colorado, Denver Colorado
KEY TRAINING AND CERTIFICATION
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist: Microsoft Project 2010 - Managing Projects, 2014
Writing Federal Proposals, Shipley Associates, 2011
Program Leadership Certification - Level Six, 2009
Proactive Risk Management - via Colorado State University, 2009
Integrated Product Team Leadership, 2008
NASA Group Achievement Awards, Goddard Space Flight Center
Integrated NPOESS Preparatory Project (NPP), 2005
Earth Observing System (EOS) Mission Operations System (EMOS)
Development Team, 2000
Held SCI-level clearances continuously from 1987 through May 2013
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery
|3 months - Bronze
|6 months - Silver
|12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.