Accomplished multi-disciplinary project / team lead with the ability to conduct, manage, and complete complex engineering projects. Hands on experience as project lead for sensor and suite level testing, scheduling, budget, procedure development, integration, deliverable hardware, customer interaction, change control boards, and milestone deliverables.
Ball Aerospace and technologies corporation, BoulderCO 1/2010- Present
Senior Engineer (Contract and Direct)
· Integrated Product Team Lead – Ozone Mapping Profiler Suite Program (OMPS)
· Project lead for cross functional team
· Planning, earned value (EVMS), customer contact responsibilities for the Nadir instrument
· Planning, EVMS, customer contact responsibilities for the OMPS Integrated Sensor Suite
· Cost account manager (CAM) duties for multiple accounts
· Point of contact for customer audits (JSR’s, IBR’s and monthly reporting)
· Compliance and requirements development and verification
· MRB authority and change control inputs
· Developing test procedures for environmental and flight hardware testing
· Providing critical hands-on flight test support for Ball Aerospace’s ozone measuring Nadir instrument
· On-Orbit anomaly support for the Solar Backscattering Ultraviolet Instrument
· Integration and Test lead for the Geostationary Environmental Monitoring Spectrometer (GEMS)
bae systems, inc., Nashua, NH 1/2009 - 9/2009
Senior Optical Engineer
Provided optical engineering skill set for system and component level testing for BAE’s signature program, Advanced Threat Infrared Counter Measures (ATIRCM).
· Provided optical test support for component and system level testing and evaluation
· Handled optical test development, planning and execution for long term damage test
· Designed, conducted, and reported results for customer-requested test using high power IR laser system
· Created component level and updated system test procedures
Ball Aerospace and Technologies Corporation, Boulder, CO 2006 – 2008
Test Engineer, Optical Systems Integration and Test
Responsible for space-flight testing of optical instruments, the creation and publication of test procedures; project lead for recalibration testing of Solar Backscatter Instrument; active engineering role in environmental testing, laser operations and test system development.
· Managed the on-time and under-budget delivery of the Solar Backscattering Instrument
- Responsible for schedule, team management, customer interaction and instrument delivery
- Team lead for five-member multi-disciplinary engineering team
- Responsible for managing the calibration data package effort
· Developed optical test procedures for systems and optical group
· Performed hands-on space-flight-like testing, thermal vacuum, and ambient (clean room)
raytheon company, Santa Barbara Remote Sensing, Goleta, CA 2005 – 2006
Senior Systems Engineer
Team Lead for the optical special test equipment (STE) group for the optical and radiometric sources for Visible/Infrared Imager Radiometer Suite instrument (VIIRS). Managed a five person multi-disciplinary engineering group and interacted with program management and customers on a daily basis.
· Responsible for functionality and schedule of STE instrumentation
- Participated in weekly customer meetings and reporting, Integrated Product office
- Earned value inputs to the integrated master schedule (IMS)
- Developed and published acceptance test procedures
- Performed hands-on and performance testing operations, thermal vacuum and cleanroom
- Served as engineer responsible for black body and space view source, and scatter measurement assembly
- Functional requirements development and negotiations
· Prepared formal documentation of requirements validation, results reporting, and design updates
ball aerospace and technologies corporation, Boulder, CO 2004 – 2005
Responsible for optical testing and development of test methodologies
· Developed and designed testing methods and data collection scheme for LED “cold” i.e.: space-like survival evaluation
· Developed error budget for alignment measurements
· Flight hardware testing quality assurance
asml, inc., Wilton, CT 2000 – 2004
Deep ultraviolet (157 nm) lithography test stand development and testing
· Supervised three person engineering team to determine transmission values for projection optics system
- Created innovative method for taking in situ transmission measurements
- Designed and developed the uniformity detector scheme for uniformity characterization
· Managed the re-design of the variable attenuator (opto-mechanical sub-system)
· Hands on support for the 157-nm test bed build
· Supervised the mechanical layout, build, and integration of high energy laser beam delivery system
· Created wave front error budget for the plane wave interferometer for preliminary design review
· Created energy intensity profile for Aerial imaging using MathCAD.
physics department, university at albany, Albany, NY 1998 – 2000
Teaching and Research Assistant
Responsible for teaching, research activities and proctoring exams
· Taught Physics Labs at undergraduate level.
· Performed x-ray optics experiments involving poly-capillary “x-ray optics”
· Designed and cut line patterns into silicon wafers using CAD program.
· Used Scanning Electron Microscope to create nano-patterns (~10-100 nm) on 25 cm silicon wafers using E-beam lithography.
M.S., Physics, University at Albany, State University of New York
M.B.A., University of Phoenix
B.S., Physics, Mathematics Minor, University at Albany, State University of New York
· Summa cum laude
· Elected to Phi Beta Kappa
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.