KEY SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Expert in data processing of satellite- and ground-based imaging and spectroscopy, analysis and management of large data volumes (8+ years of experience).
• Long term experience (8+yrs) in workflow design, direct implementation, testing, commissioning and optimization.
• Developed strong problem identification, resolution, critical and analytical thinking.
• Proficient with statistical multivariate methods for data analysis and data mining.
• Prepared, implemented and led international research projects.
• Strong affinity for IT technologies, computing, programming and consulting (UNIX/Linux operation systems, scripting languages, and cf. software summary at the end).
• Strong ability to quickly learn and eager to acquire new skills.
• Extensive experience (8+yrs) in giving presentations.
• Excellent team spirit and working in multi-cultural environment, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Fluent in English; Good in German; Mother tongue Bulgarian.
2014 – current: Postdoctoral Researcher at the Max Plank Institute for Astronomy (MPIA), Heidelberg, Germany
Project and Duties: Galactic nuclei and star lusters. Laser guided Adaptive Optics data processing and Analysis of Large Binocular Telescope near infrared images. Commissioning of ARGOS at LBT
2012 – 2014: International Research Fellow at the European Space Agency (ESA), Noordwijk, The Netherlands
Project and Duties: Data Processing and Analysis of Hubble Space Telescope imaging data.
Project and Duties: Data Processing and Analysis of space- and ground-based imaging and spectrosopic data. Identifying and specifying science projects requirements, planning and scheduling of science campaigns, coordinating science teams, supervising students
2009: Postdoctoral Research Fellow, at STScI, Baltimore, MD, USA
2008 – 2009: University of Bonn Research Fellowship, at AIfA, Bonn, GER
2008: German Research Foundation Priority Programme-1177, grant for visiting reasearchers
2007 – 2008: German Research Foundation Research Fellowship, at AIfA, Bonn, GER
2005 – 2007: Graduate Student Research Fellowship, at STScI, Baltimore, USA
2004 – 2005: DFG Graduate Research School (GRK 787) PhD fellowship, at Universität Bonn, Bonn, GER
2004: Research Fellowship at the Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Astronomy, Bulgaria
2002 – 2004: Junior Research Assistant, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Astronomy, Bulgaria
2008 – PhD in Physics and Astronomy at the Argelander Institut fü̈r Astronomie (AIfA) der Universität Bonn,
Germany, jointly with the Space Telescope Science Institute, Baltimore, USA
Topic: “Globular Cluster Systems in Dwarf Irregular galaxies”
2004 – M.Sc. in Physics and Astronomy at the Faculty of Physics, Department of Astronomy, Sofia
University “St. Kliment Ohridsk”, Bulgaria.
Topic: “Photometric investigation of the outer regions of the M82 galaxy in search for globular clusters candidates”
2004 – B.Sc. in Higher Education in Physics at the Faculty of Physics, Sofia University “St.
Kliment Ohridski”, Bulgaria.
Topic: “Starburst regions and superstar clusters in the irregular galaxy M82”
1999 – High School Diploma in Electrotechnics at the Electrotechnical Highschool, Ruse, Bulgaria.
Topic: “Full planning and design of the electronic, electric network, appliances and alternative energy sources of a modern house”
EXPERIENCE - PROJECTS and SOFTWARE
Approved Programs as Principal (PI or Co-PI) and Co-Investigator (Co-I):
Hubble Space Telescope:
– PI for program "The Formation History of UGC12591 - the most massive known field S0 galaxy” (GO:13370)
– Co-PI for program "The Proper Motion of Palomar 5 and its Tidal Tails” (GO:12957)
European Southern Observatory (8m) telescopes:
– PI for program “Constraining the nature of bright nuclear clusters in dwarf irregular galaxies” (092.B-0759, VLT/HAWK-I)
– Co-I for program "The Stellar Populations of Ultra-Compact Dwarfs - Galaxies or Star Clusters?" (VLT/ XSHOOTER)
– PI for program “Constraining the nature of bright nuclear clusters in dwarf irregular galaxies” (VLT/FORS2 & UVES)
– Co-I for program “Ultra-compact dwarf galaxies in the making? A UCD search in compact groups of galaxies” (082.A-0882)
– PI for program “Old Globular Clusters in Dwarf Irregular Galaxies: Probes of Massive Galaxy Formation” (080.B-0361, VIMOS)
– Co-I for program “BVRI imaging of Old Globular Clusters in the Magellanic Clouds” (2007B, NOAO/SMARTS/CTIO 0.9 m).
Data reduction and analysis:
– Hubble Space Telescope (imaging cameras: ACS, WFC3, WFPC2)
– European Southern Observatory Very Large Telescope (visible and near-IR imaging and spectroscopic cameras: FORS1/2, VIMOS, UVES, HAWK-I)
– Gemini Observatory (visible and near-IR imaging cameras: GMOS, NIRI)
– WHT observatory (near-IR imaging camera: LIRIS)
Software packages and programming experience:
– IRAF, R-statistics, IDL/GDL, gnuplot, baolab, SExtractor, octave
– CL (IRAF), Python, Shell programming, LaTeX, C++
– Keynote, Powerpoint, MS Office, OpenOffice
Operating systems expertise:
– LINUX, Mac OSX, Windows
– Nationality: Bulgarian
– Mother tongue: Bulgarian
– Other languages: English (fluent: written and spoken), German (basic)
– EU drivng license holder and extensive driving experience (also kart racing).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.