Collaborative, dynamic and analytical executive leader, who assembles and motivates cross-functional international teams. Optimize partner, supplier, distribution, and customer relationships. Experienced in team development and training focusing on attaining corporate objectives. Seasoned talented director with experience focused on strategic planning and creative solution development for multiple objectives, driving profitable and cost effective collaboration between cross-functional departments. Able to comprehend complex operational issues, engage senior clients in opportunities for improvement, to design plans for critical project and effectively manage change. Results-focused leader develops multidisciplinary and multicultural collaborations in the face of new challenges in order to fulfill project targets and translate them into tangible gains. Cultivate strong relationships with key clients and prospects.
Areas of expertise/Core Competencies
• Communication across Functional Levels • General Management • Program Management and Execution • Quality Management • Project Planning and Implementation • Leadership • Cost Reduction • Process Analysis and Improvement •Team Development • Effective Time Management • Human Resource Optimization • Launch Coordination • Client Relations • Contract Negotiations and Management
2008-Present: AIRBUS. Madrid, Spain
Airbus is one of the world's leading aircraft manufacturers, and it consistently captures approximately half or more of all orders for airliners with more than 100 seats.
Program & Quality Director VP: Defining and executing the Program & Quality Policy of the Company • Airbus Military Business Process Management development and Lean Manufacturing deployment • Programmes and Initiatives of Improvement • Provide business excellence support across the organization to drive short and long term business improvements and identify key strategic initiatives • R+D & Benchmarking of Quality • Size of team: 20 people
- Reduction of Non Quality Costs (30% (7.3 MM€) from 2011 value)
- Establishment of the new Airbus Military Dashboard (KPI-Key Performance Indicators to provide decision support for the stakeholders through analysis and reporting on cost operations, market environment, and performance measurement of projects and targets)
- Defining and start up of new methodology of Internal and External Audits reducing 25% the number of audits needed
- 65% of processes revised improving their performance
- Improvement of Change Management process
2006-2008: AIRBUS. Getafe (Madrid), Spain
Chief Engineer (VP level): Engineering management • Coordinates jobs of departments in Technology and Engineering Directorate and approves the program expenses • Defines and requests the resources assignment • Size of team: 45 people
- Coordinates all aspects of design and analysis engineering of the P-3 modernization program for the Brazilian Air Force. More than 350.000 engineering man hours successful managed
- Ensures that the final product carries out with the Technical Specification and the Work Order reducing 50% of customer claims
- Approves the planning for the different tasks and follows them up meeting the sharp schedule of the programs
1993-2006: INDRA. Aranjuez (Madrid), Spain
Indra is a global company of technology that operates in over 100 countries and has more than 30,000 employees worldwide who share their knowledge of different sectors and countries to find innovative solutions to the challenges that clients face.
Program Director VP: Administered Scope, Schedule and Price in a variety of large and complex international projects and contracts.
- Prepared proposal, did bid presentation and won contract for the design, manufacture and phased delivery of a 20 millions € Command, Control and Communication Center for the New Zealand Army. Headed the project supervising 30 highly trained persons with travels to the customer facilities at New Zealand for transfer-of-ownership meetings
- Prepared and negotiated proposal to award and contract signature for design, development and manufacture of a 10 millions € multinational Communication Interface. Size of team: 4 administrators, 25 engineers
- Design and manufacture of two Communications Protocols Simulators worth 3 millions €. Simulators were successfully tested using NATO equipments and standards. Met the extremely demanding schedule of 18 months from design to final acceptance. Size of team: 18 engineers, 2 administrators
- System Requirements Definition and System Engineering for 15 millions € for a classified Spanish Defense System. Initially collocated at HUGHES AIRCRAFT facilities in Tucson, Arizona, USA then moved to INDRA to manage program until completion. Size of team: 25 Spaniards, classified Americans
1989-93: FORD MOTOR COMPANY. Landsdale (Pennsylvania), USA and Cádiz, Spain
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures and distributes automobiles across all continents.
Senior Manager: Coordinated all aspects of engineering in the run-in period of the plant: trade-offs of time and costs, tooling, machines, jigs, manpower, specification, turn-around time between repairs, procurement • Supporting new plant project submissions: Identifying facility and tooling impact and cost, Manpower requirement, Engineering Specification, Technical Description, Commercial Solutions
- During Start-Up supervised the Factory Test and Repair Area, subsequently becoming head of the same. Headed 15 engineers. Through ingenious use of material and human resources decreased repair time in 35% receiving laudatory comments from upper management
- Collocated for over a year at the CIMFLEX TEKNOWLEDGE facilities in Boston, Massachusetts for the design of the Odd Component Insertion and Automatic Test and Repair Areas (OCI/ATR) of the Cádiz Ford Plant
- Did requisition of PHILIPS test equipments worth 2.5 MM€. Negotiated delivery time 6 months ahead of schedule and made it so
1987-89: SENER. Madrid, Spain
Founded in 1956, SENER is an engineering, consultancy and systems integration company whose main goal is to provide its clients and society at large the most efficient technological solutions, backed up by its personal trademarks.
R+D Engineer: Design and development of Defense and Space projects both within Spain and abroad in international consortiums.
Spanish: mother tongue. English: fluent. French: working level.
- Telecommunication and Electronic Engineer (Six years curricula) at the “Escuela Técnica Superior de Ingenieros de Telecomunicación”, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (U.P.M.).
- Master in Economics and Business Administration (Five years curricula) at “Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales” of the U.N.E.D.
- Business Administration at CEPADE of the U.P.M.
- International Executive MBA at INSEAD (Bordeaux, France)
- “Statistical Process Control” (Ford Motor Company, Pennsylvania)
- “Team Oriented Problem Solving” (Ford, Cádiz)
- “Theory of Constraints” (Avraham Goldratt Institute, California)
- "Time Management" (TEA-CEGOS, Madrid)
- “Object-Oriented Analysis and Design Using the UML” (Rational, Madrid)
- “Team Building”(Indra, Madrid)
- “Leadership and development of employees” (Person Research XXI, Madrid)
- “Project Management” (Indra, Madrid)
- “Time study and motion” (Department of Industrial Engineering, Universidad Politécnica of Valencia)
- “Specification and validation of equipments and systems” (Ford Motor Company, Pennsylvania)
- “Aeronautical Programs Management” (EADS-CASA, Madrid)
- “Green and Silver Belt” (Oackland Consulting, Bordeaux)
- “Enterprise Risk Management: Process and Tool” (Accenture, Madrid )
- “Quality Management” (IAT-AENOR, Sevilla)
- “Executive Lean” (RWD Technologies UK LTD, Sevilla)
- “Change Management” (EADS Executive Learning Center, Bordeaux)
- “INSPIRE - Coaching for Engagement and Performance” (DOPP Consulting, Madrid)
- “Managing High Performance Teams” (Imantia, Madrid)
- “Top Management Skills” (Imantia, Madrid)
- “Emotional Intelligence” (Imantia, Madrid)
Married, two children. Wife Master in Economics and Business Administration