Sep 1996 – Dec 2002: Universitat Jaume I, Castellon, Spain
Universitat Jaume I, UJI, is currently the leading higher education and research centre in
Valencia, Spain. UJI was the first academic institution in Spain to become part of the WWW and is also the first University to have a Centre for Education and New Technologies, CENT, which is currently taken as a reference in Europe.
B.Sc, M.Sc in Computer Science and Engineering (B.Sc + M.Sc rolled into one program of 4000 hours)
Subjects: Software Engineering, Networking, Distributed Systems, Operating Systems, Architecture of Computers, Compilers, Programming Languages, Data Structures, Algorithms, Database Management Systems, Computer Graphics, Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics, Physics, Economics, Business Administration. Degree score 7/10 done in 6 years out of which 1.5 were spent abroad doing specific work (thus not passing exams of attending lectures). Notice that 7/10 is a very high score considering the Spanish grading system.
Master Thesis: “Design and development of the data acquisition system of the ALICE experiment” at the European laboratory for particle physics, CERN, Geneva, Switzerland. Degree score 10/10 awarded with merits.
1994 – 1995: West Lafayette High School, Indiana, USA
October 2012 – present: European Space Agency, INTEGRAL Scientific Operations Senior Software Engineer, Madrid - Spain
- Mission planning software (Java J2SE / Swing / Hibernate / Spring / Oracle)
- Proposal submission software (Java J2SE / Swing / Hibernate / Spring / Oracle)
- Proposal evaluation/acceptance software (PHP / MySQL)
- Deployment/Build/Configuration control system (Python)
- Mission portal (Spring MVC, Java J2EE)
Design and development of bespoke tools for the scientific community (data analysis/visualization)
July 2011 – October 2012: CameronTec, Senior Software Engineer, London – UK
- Architectural design of distributed, real time server configuration (100s servers, JMX, Java, GWT)
- Project and team leading, supervising the work of 3 staff
- Core product maintenance, bug fixing
- Java coding wizard, providing expertise at senior level and improving coding standards
- Approached 3rd party and organized strategy meeting to evaluate business collaboration
- Assisted marketing with translations and multi-cultural aspects for global campaign
September 2010 – June 2011: MedImmune, Senior Software Engineer, Cambridge – UK
- Designed/Implemented various software components for Cell line development (Java/Oracle)
- Designed/Implemented a Documentum integration widget for use with in-house software (Java)
- Translated/re-engineered a hair pin structure detection software based in hidden Markov models (C to Java)
- Maintained various existing systems (Java, Oracle)
- Organized and imparted training in the Groovy and Jython programming languages
March 2010 – August 2010: Accelrys, Solutions Consultant, Cambridge – UK
- Involved in the design of multi-tier large-scale enterprise solutions
- Estimated effort levels required to implement projects for customers
- Worked on system integration projects
- Provided technical leadership
- Prepared and provided training to clients on Accelrys products and custom solutions
March 2009 – February 2010: MedImmune, Senior Software Engineer, Cambridge - UK
- Designed/Implemented scheduling software for the ABI 3700 DNA synthesizer (Java, Oracle)
- Implanted above system in DNA Chemistry department and trained 3 staff
- Implemented driver API for the BRADY thermal printers (Java)
- Successfully implanted thermal BRADY printers to replace manual labeling of aliquots
- Worked on various system integration projects
- Implemented sequence liabilities detection system for existing sequencing software (Java)
May 2007 – December 2009: ORC Software, Senior Software Engineer, London - UK
- Provision of FIX connectivity via the CameronFIX product
- Responsible for the EMEA support team, 4 staff, with over 350 customers
- Various development projects related to the core product (Java, JMS, JDBC, Spring, JMX)
- Involved in the sales process preparing POCs and performing product demonstrations
November 2004 – May 2007: European Bioinformatics Institute, Software Engineer, Hinxton - UK
- Integration the USA's National Library of Medicine as part of the services offered by the EBI
- Development of tools/methods to connect the scientific literature with public domain databases
- Implementation of an indexing engine (Java, lucene, LSF cluster, Python)
- Implementation of a retrieval API (Java, lucene)
- Implementation of a pipeline of text mining components (Java)
- Design/Implementation of http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Rebholz-srv/ebimed (Struts, Java, Python)
- Design/Implementation of http://www.ebi.ac.uk/Rebholz-srv/pcorral (Struts, Java, Python)
- Participated in several scientific publications
- Speaker at international conferences
- Responsible for the research infrastructures and software of the Text Mining group
- Participated in the hiring of 2 staff members and their training
Jan 2003 – November 2004: Universitat Jaume I, Inbiomed-IRIS Assistant Director, Castellon - Spain
- Coordination of technical activities of the IRIS node, managing 3 staff
- Software analyst, worked in close contact with the user community
- Implementation of a DNA sequence compressor based in Huffman trees (Java)
- Implementation of an aliquot database (MySQL)
- Implementation of various data collection web forms (Struts/MySQL) for epidemiological studies
- Evaluation/Purchasing of equipment
- Liaison officer with other nodes
June 2001 – Dec 2001: CERN, Helpdesk 2nd level Analyst, Geneva - Switzerland
- Provided 2nd level support to the user community at CERN (+15000 users)
- Shift manager supervising 4 staff
- Responsible for the SLA
- Reporting to the Head of IT
- Documented the standard operational procedures of the Help Desk
- Provided expertise with shell scripting, Java, CGI, PHP, JSPs, MySQL and Oracle
Nov 1999 – Nov 2000: CERN, Technical student, Geneva - Switzerland
- Worked on development of the data acquisition system for the ALICE experiment (DAQ)
- Designed/Implemented balancing software for high volume traffic network in C++
- Implemented a real time, distributed, state driven model of the DAQ with a CASE tool
- Validation and extensive integration testing of the DAQ
- Produced UML documentation
- Participated in a scientific publication of high impact
- Helped +10 students to apply and obtain a similar contract at CERN
- Obtained Honors recognition for my Master thesis
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.