Marital status: single
Date of birth: 21-05-84
Full UK Drivers license
A highly experienced aeronautical and spacecraft Technician Engineer, Possessing a wide range of technical, engineering and personnel skills. With hands on industry experience in assembly, integration and test of Telecommunications and scientific spacecraft. I have successfully worked on qualification projects, ensuring that project tasks are correctly carried out and delivered to the customer specification.
Applying multi-skilled general, hands-on support, working on a variety of spacecraft in various locations through-out Europe. Possessing a number of demonstrated abilities that has ensured on-going, efficient operations to technical /component level. Now looking to utilize key skills and experience preferably within the space industry.
Areas of Expertise
- ESA certified cable assembly, crimping and Wiring operations. ECSS-Q-ST-70-26 and ECSS-Q-ST-70-08(section 9) (cat 3).
- Flight material test qualification.
- Materials and manufacture processes. Structures and repairs.
- Components fit and remove.
- Propulsion systems.
- Aircraft, engine and spacecraft documentation, technical drawings etc. Spacecraft structure build.
- Waveguide Assembly and Integration.
- RF integration.
- Harness integration.
- Clean room environment, documents and procedures
- Flight panel Modification and repair.
- Adhesive application.
AIT Spacecraft Engineer and technician
OHB System AG, North Germany 2013-Present
• Carried out the Assembly, integration and test of satellite structure and there instruments and equipment.
• Produced project work instructions, procedures and test reports.
• Carried out a qualification process for flight hardware. I.e. adhesives
• Performed payload equipment / component receiving inspection, preparation of kits, installation and integration for test and/or flight configuration.
• Performed handling and overhead lifting operations.
• Performed flight spacecraft wiring (crimping, routing tying in etc,) alongside ESA standards.
• Loading and handling of MGSE onto Flight hardware.
AIT Spacecraft Technician
Astrium Portsmouth, UK 2008-Present
• To carry out the Assembly, integration and test of satellite payload structure and there instruments and equipment.
• Perform payload equipment / component receiving inspection, preparation of kits, installation and integration for test and/or flight configuration.
• Document and complete work according to company procedures. Sign-off/ complete log and data sheets for harness mate/de-mates, etc.
• Perform tie base, shim and foil washer preparation and installation.
• Prepare, use, apply, handle and dispose of chemical and hazardous substances such as Araldite, silver epoxy, thermal filler, electrodag, and solithane.
• Perform Mechanical Ground Support Equipment control and handling.
• Perform handling and overhead lifting operations.
• Have knowledge and perform the correct securing methods such as fiberglass taping, tie, wraps, string tie, and tie bases. Torqueing methods: order and values of thread and fillet locking methods using DP490 and solithane.
• Perform the correct calibration and properly use tape, tool and hardware.
• Understand technical direction and documents (drawings, procedures, logs, etc).
• Assist with tests such as alignments, thermal range, mass properties, etc.
• To perform and keep our integration bays clean and tidy (tools, tool kits and work stations).
• Perform a parts acquisition from stores, staging and sub-systems.
• To support a shift system throughout the week, 7 days.
• The coupling of each panel of the spacecraft payload, which includes any repairs and modifications and final strut assembly.
• The integration and prepare, clean, route of coax cables and harness all EMC, thermal treatment. (installation and removal).
• Panel insert integration both aluminum and carbon fiber.
• Use the machine shop for minor fabrication, modification and repair.
• To perform flight spacecraft Wiring (crimping, routing tying in etc,) alongside ESA standards.
• Worked abroad across different sites, gaining experience throughout the spacecraft build process.
GE Aviation, Hamble- Southampton, UK Airbus -Boeing 2007-2008
• The manufacture and build of Boeing & Airbus skin panels (cowlings) and components.
• Dash 8 Nacelle and Strake Airframe assembly, Carbon Fiber Panel Trimming and Modification.
Norwegian Royal Air Force Base- Kjeller, Norway 2006-2007
• Sheet metal Airframe assembly, repair and airframe life extension Modification of Seaking helicopters and F16 falcon fighter jets.
• Wing Strengthener Modification program on F16 Falcon.
• Sheet metal forming, stretching, shrinking and riveting.
• F16 Falcon- paint removal and fuel tank reseal
• F16 Falcon minor strip and rebuild
Aircraft Technician and Apprentice
Vector Fleetlands- Gosport, Portsmouth 2001-2006
I have obtained a wide range of skills and experience on military helicopters (Gazelle, Seaking, Chinook, Lynx) such includes:
• All aspects of Rotary Wing Aircraft Repair
• General Maintenance of Aircraft
• Airframe Separation, Preparation and Build
• Component Repair
• Inspection and survey
• Major/Minor Maintenance
• Use and full understanding of Pressure Systems such as Hydraulic, Fuel and Gaseous
• Modification to Airframe and Components
• Structural Repair
• Corrosion control
• Non-destructive testing
• System build and testing (hydraulic, Fuel, etc.)
• Engine overhaul
• 3 year advanced modern apprenticeship in Aircraft engineering
• City and guilds aeronautical engineering competences part 1 and 2
• NVQ levels 2 and 3 in engineering
• Development and leadership training course- completed
• Equal opportunities coarse completed
• G.C.S.E Science (double award), Art
• D.J, fitness, music production, swimming, golf, jet skiing.
• Air training Corps.
Given on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.