Accomplished space system engineer with an excellent mix of technical know-how and analytical skills gained through extensive hands-on experience in the development of space hardware. Solid experience in all areas of research, design, development, fabrication, test, and evaluation of spacecraft fluid control systems and components for propulsion applications, and related ground support equipment. Highly structured way of working, supported by excellent conceptual and analytical skills. Strong problem-solving ability and the ability to break down complex problems into small manageable parts. Strong out-of-the-box thinker where conventional approach is inadequate. Highly motivated and enthusiastic individual with the capability of clearly presenting concepts and ideas to a wider audience.
- Over 9 years of experience in the space industry as fluid control subsystem and component level development and phase B/C/D systems engineer in a production environment
- Technical responsible for product integrity, including product performance, requirements engineering, design and performance engineering, product configuration, interface control, engineering budget control
- Thorough familiarity with relevant ECSS, ESCC, NASA, and MIL standards
- Experience in ESA and commercial component and subsystem development projects and EU FP7 R&D programs
- Accustomed to work in multi-disciplinary and multi-national teams
- Excellent conceptual and analytical skills
- Design, analysis, simulation, prototyping, test
- Technical writing, reports, specifications
- Proactive teamplayer with excellent oral and written communication skills.
OHB, Propulsion Engineering
August 2015 – Present
Technical responsible for the Exomars 2018 Carrier Module Reaction Control Subsystem, a 20 N class monopropellant propulsion system.
ASML, Development and Engineering
May 2014 – July 2015
Configuration architect XT/NXT: Define and manage configuration baseline of semiconductor lithography systems to enable efficient system upgrades.
Moog Bradford/Bradford Engineering, Propulsion Systems Division
Apr 2008 – Apr 2014
System Engineer: Design, development, and testing (phase B/C/D engineering and R&D) of spacecraft fluid control systems, components, and associated ground support equipment. Technically responsible for developing the subsystem and components into a completely qualified product compliant to customer requirements.
Lead systems engineer on several development programs:
- Xenon loading carts: development of equipment for loading high-purity, high-pressure xenon into spacecraft tanks for a variety of customers.
- In-orbit refueling system: regulation and distribution of MMH/MON in bi-propellant supply system. Design of flight system and development of ground-based demonstrator.
- Development of oxidizer flow control valve for a 1.5 kN class hybrid rocket engine operating on high-concentration hydrogen peroxide.
- Development of extremely fast-acting valve technology for pulsed injection of advanced propellants into hydrogen peroxide based monoprop and biprop thrusters.
- Development of mass flow control equipment for a novel type of space plasma thruster operating on various noble gases.
- Product specialist for ultrasonic flow meter, a flow gauging device for use with liquid rocket propellants.
Provide engineering support for various other programs:
- Xenon flow control units: active and passive mass flow control for supply of xenon ion engines for a variety of customers. Provided engineering support in the form of functional and performance modeling, development testing, development of ground support equipment, including software.
- SWARM cold gas propulsion system feed module: regulation of high pressure R-14 for thruster feed. Successfully performed and completed acceptance testing on three flight model feed systems.
- Full functional and environmental qualification of a propellant filter currently being used on multiple programs.
- Requirements analysis, derivation, and specification, including preparation of technical procurement specifications
- Performing trade studies on basis of technical, cost, and programmatic inputs, and selection of baseline technologies
- Managing different engineering disciplines involved in the definition of the product or system
- Definition of the development, assembly, integration, and verification plans on subsystem or component level
- Definition of model and verification philosophy from subsystem to component level including specification of test requirements and procedures
- Generate compliance documentation
- Engineering budget control
- Primary point of contact to customer for technical matters, communication of results through documentation and presentation
- Subcontractor management
Design and analysis:
- Subsystem-level design and layout activities, component selection, interface control
- Generating design documentation, engineering analyses (performance, hydraulic, thermal)
- Monitoring and control of engineering activities associated with the development of the product including definition and control of engineering (mechanical, structural, thermal, electrical, radiation) analyses in cooperation with discipline specialists
- Processing, evaluation, and reporting, both internally and externally, of engineering analysis results
- Prototyping of critical subsystem functions to establish feasibility and performance baselines
- Generating test specifications, procedures, and reports.
- Developing ground support equipment, including software, to accommodate various stages of testing
- Developing test setups for component-level and subsystem-level testing
- Performing and/or supervising testing (leak testing, pressure testing, functional testing, environmental testing) at internal and external facilities
- Processing, evaluation, and reporting, both internally and externally, of test results
EADS Space Transportation, New Payloads and Technology Division
Aug 2005 – May 2006
Engineering Intern: Development of technology for a small experiment container for the liquid synthesis of metal nanoparticles under microgravity conditions. Assembly, integration, test, and delivery of a laboratory setup for the liquid synthesis of metal nanoparticles, consisting of pumping system, mixer, reactor, and fluid handling equipment.
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Space Systems Engineering, August 2007
MSc Thesis: Development of a 50 mN class resistojet thruster with emphasis on rocket performance and heat transfer modeling, and verification by means of testing.
Software: LabView, MATLAB, Simulink, NASTRAN/Patran, ProEngineer, SolidWorks, ESATAN, ThermXL, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Project
Programming: C/C++, x86 Assembly, Visual Basic
Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
Dutch: native language
English, German: fluent
French: basic knowledge
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.