Seeking challenging contribution to the productivity of the company and share my knowledge to achieve their objective. Looking for challenges in a progressive and team oriented culture.
A result oriented professional with 2 years of experience in Steel Industry (DRI Section) and 4 years in Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, India as Project Associate & Research Fellow having the ability to support & sustain a positive work environment that fosters team performance with strong communication; relationship management skills.
ó Since Sept. 2011 to till date with Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India as Research Fellow in the ISRO sponsored Project titled “Study of Flow Field inside Air Intake with Flow Control” under supervision of Dr. J K Prasad as Principal Investigator.
ó March 2010 to Sept. 2011 with Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India as Project Associate in the DRDO sponsored Project titled “Augmentation of Supersonic Wind Tunnel” under supervision of Dr. J K Prasad as Principal Investigator.
ó July 2008 to March 2010 with Kusum Powermet (Pvt.) Ltd., Keonjhar, Orissa, India as Mechanical Engineer.
ó Distinction in executing the present Project:
Title: Study of Flow Field inside Air Intake with Flow Control (Sponsored by Indian Space Research Organisation, ISRO).
Project Description: This project aims in modelling the Air Intake configuration received and Study the Flow Field inside the Air Intake both Computationally (Using Gambit and Fluent ) and Experimentally(Using Supersonic Wind tunnel).
óDistinction in executing the previous Project:
Title: Augmentation of Supersonic Wind Tunnel (Sponsored by Aeronautics Research & Development Board, DRDO).
Project Description: This project aims to design (using AutoCAD as per ASME standards) and put up a new Supersonic wind tunnel larger than the tunnel that currently exists in the Institute. CFD(using GAMBIT & FLUENT) simulation of 2D and 3D flow in the tunnel.
ó Thesis in Master of Engineering :
Title: Unsteady Flow Field over a Spiked Blunt Body
Project Description: The unsteadiness arising on the flow over blunt body due to introduction of spike was studied and the effect of spike type and spike length on the steady and unsteady flow over the spiked blunt body was studied both experimentally as well as computationally. Oil flow and schlieren flow visualization was also performed.
1) D. Sahoo, S. Das, P. Kumar and J. K. Prasad, “Steady and unsteady flow over a spiked blunt body at supersonic speed”, The 14th Asia Congress of Fluid Mechanics (14ACFM)
October 15 - 19, 2013; Hanoi and Halong, Vietnam.
2) D. Sahoo, S. Das, P. Kumar and J. K. Prasad, “ Effect of spike length on steady and unsteady flow over a spiked blunt body at supersonic speed”, Symposium on Applied Aerodynamics and Design of Aerospace Vehicles (SAROD), November 21- 23, 2013; Hyderabad, India.
OPEN AREA OF INTEREST:
High Speed Aerodynamics, Subsonic Flows, Unsteady Aerodynamics, Experimental Aerodynamics, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Wind Tunnel Testing etc.
1. Strain gage Balance for Subsonic and supersonic speeds (1, 3, 5, 6 – component)
2. Pressure sensors & Pressure Scanner for Supersonic/Subsonic Wind Tunnel
3. Unsteady Pressure Transducer (make: Kulite)
4. Schlieren & Shadowgraph Photography
5. Flow visualization using oil flow technique
6. Data acquisition using Labview
7. Flow visualization in water tunnel
GAMBIT 2.6(Mesh Generation Tool), ANSYS/Fluent 6.3/12 (CFD simulations), AutoCAD, MATLAB, LABVIEW, ORIGIN
ó Master’s of Engineering in Space Engineering and Rocketry (Aerodynamics Specialization) from B.I.T, Mesra, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India in 2013 with 88.5%.
ó Bachelor’s of Technology inMechanical Engineering from B.I.E.T, Orissa, India in 2008 with 74.5%.
ó 12th fromKendriya Vidyalaya, Rourkela, Orissa, India in2004 with 74.4%.
ó 10th fromGreen Field School, Keonjhar, Orissa, India in2002 with 70.2%.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.