REGIONAL DIRECTOR / PRODUCT & SERVICE MANAGEMENT / BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / PUBLIC POLICY and REGULATORY CONSULTANCY / PROGRAM & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Regional Director, Business Developer, Pre-sales technical engineering and Project/Product Manager with 17+ years of experience; Mastering high-end Telecom/Satellite Communication Industry / Broadcasting projects and products/Services. Possess wide (and in depth) experience covering from end-user level to Public policy and regulatory affairs (domestic/regional/ International). Long term relationship with Middle East major players (GSM operators: Etisalat, Du, STC, MVNOs. Regulatory bodies: GSM org, UAE TRA, GCC Telecom Regulatory bodies. GMPCS: Iridium, Thuraya, Satellite Operators: Intelsat, Eutelsat, Arabsat, SES, Yahsat. Media: OSN, Towfour54, ERTU.
CORE EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES
- Lobbying & Public Policy
- New Business Development
- Bid Management
- Sales and Commercial
- Contract Negotiation
- ICT Regulatory Consultancy
- Product Management
- RF Planning and testing
- Analytical Thinking
- Provide Technical Solutions
- System Integration
- Project Management
- Problem Solving
- Service Management
- Link budget calculation
- Relationship Building
- Presenting ‘C’ Level
- Profit Maximization
- Risk Assessment
- Strategic Planning
- Policy Tracking
- System Design
- Sales presentations and public speaking. Outstanding presentation and Negotiation skills. Managing bidding, Pricing, and campaigning for products and services. Elaborate quotes. CRM reporting.
- Commercial and marketing planning, using deep understanding of market/Technology/and clients’ requirements. Create new clients’ requirement, Champion for new opportunities for new products and services, and exploring new prospects using Market studies lobbying techniques.
- Knowledge of the Opportunities and challenges of new High Throughput Technology Satellite. Also hot topics Internet Governance, OTT, Cyber Security.
- Mastering working within multi-national and multi-cultural teams & stakeholders.
- Strategic Planning, Project Management, Telecom Operations Management, Business Development. Product and service Management.
- Business Analysis, Sales Support & Marketing, Product Planning, Client Relationship Management.
- Strong background of Telecom / SATCOM products management, Services and SLAs (Uplink Earth Stations, Broadcast Components, VSAT, Mobile SATCOM, Satellite IP based connectivity).
- Leadership, Team Building, Motivation, Interpersonal & Communication Skills.
- Analytical Skills, Ability to Work under pressure multi-tasking with tight time management.
- Decision Making & Problem Solving Skills.
- Staff Management, Resource Planning, Report Generation, Vendor/Supplier Relationship Management.
- Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Project Planning & Scheduling.
- Support of Finance Team during Contract negotiations to insure Customer Payments and Cash Flow.
- Support of handling of different Marketing campaigns and fairs.
- Voice/Data Configuration & Operation, Digital Communication Systems, Digital Signal Processing.
- Projects Management/Controlling Using PMI standards, SAP (ERP), MS Office Applications
- Social media active member for both personal views as well as in business development.
- Experienced in Internet industry: Internet Governance, Cloud computing, Cyber security, gTLD , IP Assignment.
- Worked in number of projects and participated in public policy efforts building consensus over future critical issues together with (RIPE, ISOC, ICANN, IGF...).
- Exceptional experience as Project Management different knowledge areas (especially: Initiation, Cost analysis and controlling OPEX, Stakeholders management, Communication, Risk analysis & assessment, and Quality control). PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE AA
Access Partnership Ltd. August 2012 – Present
Director, Middle East and North Africa – Abu Dhabi Office Director Access Partnership has helped some of the world’s leading ICT organizations gain access to new markets, drive sales, meet regulatory goals, shape policy outcomes and introduce new services into previously underserved markets. www.accesspartnership.com. Through London (HQ), Washington DC, and Abu Dhabi (MENA regional office), Access Partnership is working worldwide across all ICT sectors, with expertise in the areas of government relations, regulatory affairs and technical analysis. We are able to provide our clients with a range of solutions that address all of their trade, public affairs and licensing needs. Tracking/Preparing for upcoming ITU WRC-15 (International Telecom Union - World Radio communication Conference 2015), Monitoring and advocating regional and international positions for the Satellite Industry on spectrum reallocation. Highlights: As Executive Director, MENA, responsible of Business Development, Directing Abu Dhabi, MENA office (including Business Development Management, Account Management, Sales, Administrative, Financial and Logistics). Also working on public policy and licensing affairs. Convening the UAE Communication and Media Industry Group (UCMIG), representing the Industry voice (i.e. Etisalat, du, Yahsat, Ericsson, Nokia, TwoFour54, OSN, Abu Dhabi Media, Thuraya …) to regulatory entities in the UAE. Submitting proposals, consultancy, and discussing future industry trends and current challenges by meeting with regulators on monthly basis. ND SatCom, Abu Dhabi, UAE
September 2006 – July 2012 Projects Manager - Global Operations & Middle East Region ND SatCom is a leading global supplier of innovative satellite-based broadband VSAT, broadcast and defense communication network solutions (Manufacturer & system Integrator) www.ndsatcom.com. (by ASTRIUM, an EADS company www.astrium.eads.net. Formerly, a member of SES-Global group; a global network of satellite operators, service providers and system integrators www.ses-global.com) Highlights:
- Assisted with securing a $3million project – Egyptian Radio and Television DSNG.
- Working very closely with Regional Director & CFO during pre-sales and presenting phases.
- Participate in project scoping and planning activity during the sales and proposal process
- Directed and managed major satellite telecom projects pertaining to data/voice/internet infrastructure satellite telecom, satellite TV broadcasting up links/ground stations and satellite news gathering mobile units.
- Led major projects pertaining to development of Fixed & Mobile Earth Stations (Uplinks; Satellite News Gathering systems (SNG) & Flyaway systems) to ensure unrivaled video quality/reliability for satellite and point-to-point transmission.
- Successfully increased ROI on projects by 4-3 % through Risk assessment techniques and efficient implementation of SAP ERP system for monitoring project cost as well as initiating several cost control initiatives for the assigned projects.
- Quality Assurance following ISO 9001 standard. (Projects, Operations, and Business workflow). One of Two contributors in achieving certificate renewal for all NDSATCOM company during two consecutive external ISO audits.
- Managing defense/ Infrastructure Projects – Middle East.
- Satellite Space Segment Acquisition from different operators as well as finalize all related engineering issues “Transmission plane; Earth Station registration, Link Budget Calculations, Space Segment Utilization and Managed Services). Key Responsibilities:
- Managing projects for EMEA region at all phases of project lifecycle (i.e. initiation, integration and implementation) in line with organizational policies/procedures. Monitoring supply chain/logistics operations to ascertain timely execution of projects.
- Sales support, bid management. Scope: Technical Solution, Implementation plans, and Financial Cost and payment milestones.
- Promoting solutions and contract negotiation with customer (including Scope, Time, Price of value added changes)
- Analyzing project inception plan and creating a schematic layout in view of key quantifiable parameters encompassing - estimation of takeoff costs, reviewed project constructability, scopes of work, sub-contracting requirements, project profitability and scheduling.
- Overseeing financial functions of the projects in accordance with relevant rules/procedures, ensuring proper financial management of project funds, appropriate resource utilization, including prompt accountability of funds/reporting, Monitoring and control Cost, Project Margin, Risk assessment (as they evolves by time).
Satellite Operations/Technical Manager August 1997 - August 2006 ALKAN Telecom, Cairo, Egypt
An Egyptian market leader in Satellite Telecom based solution in Egypt and MENA region. (Founded by ICT tycoon M. Mohamed Nosseir, ALKAN GROUP http://www.alkantelecom.com ) Joined the company as Junior Engineer and promoted up the hierarchy to the position of Operations/Technical Manager. Designation Chronology:
- May 2001 - Aug 2006: Operations/Technical Manager (SATCOM Business Unit)
- April 2000 - May 2001: VSAT Team Leader
- August 1997 - April 2000: Junior Engineer Highlights:
- Efficiently managed major telecom system implementation projects for key clients across banking, telemedicine, oil/gas, telecom, defense, and tourism industry.
- Contributed in Sales / Technical and Product and service Management of Fixed VSAT / Mobile Satcom (Thuraya, BGAN, RBGAN, and INMARSAT).
- Managed and implemented several long term Telecom operations/projects in Oil and Gas.
- Project management, Design, Integration, Testing, and daily operations supporting HQ to remotes, and oil fields operations with high mobility and awareness of clients’ / End user needs in accordance with High Quality and Safety measures. Training and managing support teams and radio operators, to high level managers. Also experienced with baseband equipment voice modules and protocols (PABX, E1, E&M, FXo, FXs), VOIP and over frame relay. In addition to experience in control systems, SCADA, Telemetry, AROV, Video Conferencing, and TCP/IP / Sync and Async Data connectivity. Analyzed and solved technical problems of voice Echo / matching impedance, and Modbus Compatibility with TCP/IP interfaces Key Responsibilities as Operations/Technical Manager (May 2001 - Aug 2006):
- Conceptualized turnkey telecom solutions as per organizational requirements, analyzed associated technical complexities/specifications and managed the execution of telecommunication projects within the scheduled deadline.
- Analyzing project requirements and accordingly placed purchase orders for material, tools and test equipment, issued invoices and inspected incoming materials/equipment to ascertain compliance with contract specifications.
- Oversee major issues pertaining to installation and commissioning of VSAT/Uplink stations. Determined project scope, managed staff, contractors, tools and equipment to ensure timely execution of assigned projects.
- Coordinating with vendors to keep updated on latest technological advancements in telecommunications industry and utilized the potentials of the same to respond to the distinctive/special needs of the clients and SLAs.
- Supervising overall activities of installation and 14 engineers/technicians provided requisite training and conducted periodic performance reviews to deliver projects on time and within budgetary constraints. Key Responsibilities as VSAT Team Leader & Junior Engineer (August 1997 - May 2001):
- Served as a RF/Systems Engineer to support implementation and execution of various markets/customers applications, whilst ensuring adherence to organizational standards.
- Assisted in layout and design of telecommunications systems for new/ renovated facilities to include development/preparation of specifications, installation guidelines and cost evaluations.
- Proved technical support for installation and testing of VSAT and satellites systems as per established specifications and contractual obligations. Administered operations and management of the same for efficient performance.
- Researched and analyzed prevalent technological constraints and available technical options, to create high-end telecommunication solutions for the clients.
- Coordinated with various field units for providing timely and quality services to customers to achieve short-term/long-term business objectives of the company.
Previous Professional Experience: 1996 - 1997: Computek, Networking Engineer. (LAN/WAN Computer Networking Protocols with platforms: Windows, Novell, UNIX, and IBM).
Higher Technological Institute, Egypt BSc. Engineering May, 1996 Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering Core Modules Studied:
- Tele-communication Systems
- Information Theory
- Digital Communication Systems
- Digital Signal Processing
- Antenna Theory & Wave Propagation
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Microwave, Optical Fibers
- Satellite Communications
- Digital Control Systems
- Microprocessor Architecture, and Logic circuits
- System Analysis
- Operational Research and Numerical Methods
- Engineering Management & Economy
- PMP PMBoK/PMI 5th Edition, December 2013
- Professional PMI Training (Advanced Planning & Control in Modern Project Management), Dornier Consulting GmbH, Germany, September – November, 2011
- PMP / PMI Training - AMIDEST, UAE, 2008
- Operations Excellence Program - ND SatCom, February, 2008
- SkyWAN Engineering & Design - ND SatCom, Germany. 2006
- SAP ERP Project Management - ND SatCom, Germany. 2006
- ALKAN Group Senior Executive Program (aka .. Mini MBA), Six Modules, RITI – Egypt. July, 2005 – November, 2005
- Operation and Installation (5 Days) - SeaTel, Southampton, UK. April, 2004
- Quality Management System ISO9001:2000, EQE (BSI Certified). February, 2004
- MEMOTEC Frame Relay (Voice & Data) MUX CXTool, Technical Training – MEMOTEC, Cairo. September, 2003
- Networking & LAN/WAN Connectivity Training Courses – IBM World Trade Corporation, Cairo branch. June, 1999
- Interconnection & Multi-Protocol Analysis - IBM, Cairo. June, 1999
- Telephony Earth Stations – Network Operations Course - Hughes Network Systems, MD, USA. December, 1998
- Telephony Earth Stations – Configuration and Design Course - Hughes Network Systems, MD, USA. December, 1998
Nationality : Egyptian
US Green Card – Under processing
Current Residence Location : Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Marital Status : Married Children : 1 Girl (7 years old) – 1 Girl (2 years old)
Languages : English (Fluent), Arabic (Fluent - native language) & German (starter)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.