Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle, Ground Systems Support and Administration and Satellite Operations. Skills include application testing, customer/user support, networking, hardware/software administration and troubleshooting. Non-technical skills include Team Leadership, Budget Planning and Project Management. Highest educational attainment is a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering. Other training includes completion of the following certificate programs, Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), HP-UNIX Systems/Network Administration I-II and HP-UNIX Troubleshooting.
L-3 Communications Telemetry West San Diego, California USA ( www.l-3com.com/tw)
Senior Software Test Engineer
September 2007 – September 2013
· Lead the testing effort on assigned programs for Monitor and Control Software, InControl, used in satellite operations. Duties included providing guidance and general direction to junior testers in regards to testing priorities, test coverage, test lab setup, presenting new issues discovered to management and weighing in on the impact to schedule, and ensuring requirements coverage.
· Participate in technical interchanges between developers, customers and testers regarding requirements and new functionalities.
· On-site installation, support, configuration and performance tuning for Telenor Norway on their THOR series satellites and Lockheed Martin for GPS III satellites.
· Verify bug fixes, new feature implementations and enhancements.
· Recreate issues reported by customers to determine severity and priority levels and enter them into JIRA, bug-tracking software.
· Provide remote technical support on Linux, UNIX and Windows platforms to InControl customers.
· Create new feature test plans.
· Create Factory and Site acceptance test procedures.
· Perform customer witnessed Factory and Site acceptance tests.
· Perform System Testing prior to every release.
· Test platform H/W installation and network configuration.
Ground Systems Support Supervisor
October 2004 – March 2007
· Ensure all Hardware and Software required for operating the Agila-2 satellite is in good working order. As a supervisor, duties included leading a team of Systems Administrators and RF Engineers in providing technical and administrative assistance as needed.
· Responsible for project planning and execution. Duties included purchasing of assets, hiring and deployment of staff, schedule and budget tracking and interfacing with third party service and product providers.
· Coordinate with upper management and other divisions on behalf of the GSS group concerning project developments and operational activities.
November 2000 – September 2004
· Provide day-to-day user support.
· Responsible for office network maintenance, computer performance tuning, hardware troubleshooting, repair and management of workstations and personal computers, data archive management thru NFS and TCP/IP Network administration and configuration.
· Operating System and Satellite Software Application installation and configuration.
· Training procedure creation and implementation for users and newly hired employees.
Oct.1999 - Oct. 2000
· Write UNIX shell scripts.
· Provide Satellite Software Applications support.
· Assist the Systems Administrator with any IT related activities.
Aug. 1997 - Sept.1999
· Responsible for telemetry monitoring, spacecraft commanding and initial telemetry analysis using Control Workstations that run UNIX based satellite operations software.
· Served as the first line of defense for any spacecraft anomaly, which is integral in maintaining the good state of health of both the ground station and the spacecraft.
· Performed telemetry data gathering, processing and distribution as required by different stakeholders.
Maintenance and Purchasing Supervisor
Jun.1996 - Jul.1997
· Maintenance of PC based machines for product quality control and disposal, UHF radio setup, Burglar alarm system, CCTV system, Fire alarm systems, Police notification system and Computer and Networking System maintenance. The same group also handles electrical installations, repairs and all other building related problems.
· Coordinates and purchases supplies needed by each division, maintains the physical inventory, and supervises the flow of supplies in the stock warehouse.
Subic Bay Satellite Systems Inc.
Data Broadcast Engineer
Jun.1995 - Jun.1996
· Responsible for operating a data casting system using Gorizont I and Gorizont II satellites that service customers all over Asia.
· Responsible for ensuring the smooth flow of data from the source spacecraft to the TVROs down to the UNIX based Data Communication Center to our customers. Duties include troubleshooting, repairing, monitoring, installing and providing technical support for the system.
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
AMA Computer College – Makati, Philippines (www.ama-university.com)
1989 – 1994
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Mapua Institute of Technology – Manila, Philippines (www.mapua.edu.ph)
January 2005 – February 2006
Training and Seminars
HP UNIX Troubleshooting - Hewlett Packard, Philippines
HP UNIX Systems and Network Administration I - Hewlett Packard, Philippines
HP UNIX Systems and Network Administration II - Hewlett Packard, Philippines
Asynchronous Transfer Mode – PLDT, Philippines
Earth Station Technology - Subic Bay Satellite Systems, Inc. Philippines
WIN NT/WEB – PLDT, Philippines
ISDN – PLDT, Philippines
I Make Prompt Accurate Courteous Tone – PLDT, Philippines
Fundamentals of IP Technology – PLDT, Philippines
Managing Change – MSC, Philippines
References available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.