Highly analytical and dedicated professional offering adaptable and seasoned expertise in signal and image processing, high level parallel programming algorithms, and statistical analysis and modeling. Holds a PhD degree in high energy particle physics with expert mathematical abilities and strong proficiency in C/C++, Matlab, and Python. Experienced in projects for the European Space Agency (ESA) as a scientific researcher at the Royal Military Academy, Signal and Image Center of Belgium. Excels at writing algorithms using parallelization for optimal computing efficiency. Outgoing team player with excellent interpersonal skills. Actively planning relocation to New York.
· Project Management (PMI) certified
· Scientific evaluator of projects undertaken by the European Space Agency and Institute for Scientific Research and Innovation of Brussels (IRSIB).
· Reviewer of conference papers for SPIE and IEEE and jury member of PhD theses.
· Outstanding teaching and presentation abilities which motivate students of all backgrounds and interests.
· Multilingual with fluency in English, Dutch, French, and German.
AGT international, Darmstadt, Germany, 2012-Present
One of the fastest-growing public safety and security solutions organizations in the world, with operations across the world.
Works on data mining and anomaly detection for early warnings in water management and dike protection. Develops multiple objective shortest path applications. Worked on work place safety solutions in Oil and Gas industry and the mining industry. Participated and contributed in the development of the environmental sensing project. Establishing the data analysis workgroup with focus on data fusion, traffic flow analysis and vehicle tracing topics. Winner of the IEEE GRSS Data Fusion contest 2013 and received the 2nd place for the best paper awared in the same competition.
ROYAL MILITARY ACADEMY, SIGNAL AND IMAGE CENTER (SIC), Brussels, Belgium, 2003-2011
A research group within the electrical engineering department at the Royal Military Academy of Belgium.
Generated several key contributions as a member of high profile research projects in the areas of PolInSAR programming, non-destructive testing of composite materials, and real-time flood detection using SAR images.
· Actively involved in a THz project to perform non-destructive testing of composite materials, 2007-2010. Built a 3D reconstruction algorithm for airport body scanners which improved detection of concealed weapons.
· Made key contributions to the reconstruction and motion compensation of Synthetic Aperture Sonar data for Belgian Defence, 2004-2007. Drove implementation of the motion compensation estimation and auto-focusing algorithm, overcoming mathematical difficulties to produce high resolution images from the sea floor.
· Charted development of PolInSAR features under funding received from the OSTC STEREO program, 2006.
· Managed detection of gas pollutant concentrations above the port of Antwerp while working in parallel on the TIRIS Hyperspectral project, 2005.
· Assisted on a Belgian national FLOODMAP research project funded by the STEREO program of the OSTC designed to detect floods in real-time automatically using SAR imagery, 2003. Constructed a fully automated software chain to define flooded regions on satellite imagery.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.