Procurement Supervisor/Arcata Site Manager – Arcata Associates, Inc., NASA Stennis Space Center, MS
2008 - present
Responsible for supervising the NASA Shared Service Contract (NSSC) Procurement Team of sixty Contract Specialist that are responsible for all of the NASA Center’s Procurements (SBIR, Grants, Cooperative Agreements, Training Purchases, and Agency Contracting Activities). Interfaces and presents regularly to the Director and NASA Procurement Officer. Coordinates employee recruitment, training and work assignments. Oversees a team of five Procurement Team Leads. Conducts meetings and interacts with NASA Contracting Officers on a daily basis. Responsible for assuring all Contract deliverables are accurate, complete and delivered on time. Currently manages over 8,000 Procurement actions per year for a portfolio nearing $8 billion. As Arcata Site Manager, oversee service delivery of a thirty-six person workforce on the NSSC Contract for Enterprise License Management, Finance, Procurement, Human Resources, IT, and Enterprise Service Desk.
• Kept excellent working relationship with NASA NSSC Leadership. Supported Prime Contractor for NSSC Contract to achieve excellent Award Fee Evaluations. Evaluated the Procurement Division and implemented several new initiatives based on findings to improve customer service delivery for NASA scientific and technical community. Implemented new Procurement training program and Work Instructions along with establishing a daily communication process. Developed value-added processes to make the Procurement Division more efficient and to revitalize the employee morale.
• Recognized for unparalleled customer service. In 2008, Arcata awarded the NSSC Small Business Subcontractor of Year Award.
Logistics Manager – ATT, Baton Rouge, LA
2004 – 2008
Responsible for all aspects of managing a team of Financial Analysts, Buyers, and Logistics personnel, overseeing numerous contracts for ATT wire and wireless infrastructure. Oversaw financial analysis, budget planning and financial forecasting. Responsible for contractual compliance, cost management, estimating, and proposal support. Reviewed and presented monthly financials to ATT Baton Rouge and Corporate senior management. Coordinated employee recruitment, training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition. Interfaced regularly with ATT Bargaining Union leadership to maintain contract compliance. Oversaw the preparation and submittal of corporate financial reporting:
- Logistics Operations
- Budget Analysis and Forecasting
- Purchasing, Invoicing, and Funding Analysis
• Successfully managed supply chain that enabled ATT’s Baton Rouge Center’s ability to accurately capture and report its financials related to purchasing, warehousing, transportation, and equipment repair had been strained prior to my arrival. I was able to develop needed operational improvements and reporting that improved cost containment and vendor relationships.
• Successfully maintained positive relationship with Bargaining Union that enabled ATT to prevent work stoppages and minimize grievance filings.
Director, Rates, Regulatory and Governmental Affairs – Atmos Energy
1988 to 2004
Held a varied of positions of increasing responsibility over the course of an almost 17-year career mostly with Citizens Communications and Louisiana General Services (successors to Atmos Energy). Work experience there provided the opportunity to have a diverse and extensive proficiency in the understanding of regulatory policy and rulemaking, utility ratemaking, utility accounting, administrative cost allocation models, financial and tax impacts for regulated utilities, change management, economic and financial feasibility and information systems. Successfully led regulatory outcomes before the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, as well as before regulatory bodies in the states of Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Hawaii, Louisiana, Nevada, Tennessee, and Texas.
• Served on industry committees to develop national rate and regulatory policy for natural gas restructuring.
• Successfully built and maintained excellent working relations with Local, State and Federal regulators and legislators.
• Implemented a streamlined process for procuring midrange and low dollar procurements which resulted in reducing procurement cycle times and providing vendors with streamlined RFQ/Bid packages allowing for increased competition and reduced paper work for vendors.
• Fostered the implementation of using outside resources to create a “first of kind” supply asset management program leveraging multiple vendor and customer assets that reduced supply cost and increase revenue opportunities.
University of New Orleans, New Orleans, LA 1998
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A) with Strategic Healthcare minor
University of New Orleans, LA 1982
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major Management, minor Economics
Jesuit High School, New Orleans, LA 1978
College Prep Diploma
• Federal Track Grants Management Certification
• Lean Six Sigma Greenbelt
• Completed fourteen (14) NASA-sponsored courses including 1102 Certification courses
• Advanced knowledge of SAP, Remedy, Adobe, and Microsoft Software
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.