Experienced scientist specializing in space life sciences. A career of nearly 20 years in biomedical research with an emphasis in molecular and cell biology, and currently in aerospace medicine.
Notable professional experiences: Space life sciences research, including spaceflight human analog studies and adaptation to spaceflight and lunar/planetary environmental and habitat factors. Emphasis in animal and human research related to spaceflight. Coordination and implementation of ground analog platforms.
Previous academic research in the biological bases of ophthalmic conditions, circadian biology and molecular endocrinology. Extensive teaching and mentoring experience.
· Promoted advancement in multiple areas of both basic research and focused support of medical issues of critical importance to prime manned space efforts, and development of countermeasures.
· Developed projects in multiple disciplines, overarching spaceflight human and animal adaptation to spaceflight and lunar/planetary environmental factors.
· Developed independent lines of investigation in animal and human models of ocular and intracranial pressure conditions related to spaceflight
· Successfully obtained independent funding support as principal investigator via research grants
· Creatively established multiple collaborations between federal agencies and investigators in academia and private industry
• Coordination and implementation of ground flight analog studies involving a variety of physiological systems and platforms.
• Collaboration and daily participation, support for, and interactions with management, providing science input for critical decision-making in the areas of molecular bioanalysis, ophthalmology and analog models.
• Daily work interaction and collaborations with multiple university scientists, other research center scientists in working groups addressing the current most critical human space flight problems associated with long duration missions’ health, safety and research.
• Participation in survey efforts in search for suitable technologies to implement in-flight research bioanalysis and operational human health monitoring
• Innovation and crowd-sourcing efforts in the search of novel biomedical and health monitoring technologies of potential application in space exploration missions.
• Supervision of junior research personnel (postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and interns)
• Fluency with processes of study protocol approval through Institutional Review Boards and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committees
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Initiative and innovation
· Optimization of new technical approaches
· Effective project coordination, maximizing efficiency while completing simultaneous tasks
· Team oriented leadership personality
· High-energy, resourceful, independent, motivated and dedicated
· Multi-disciplinary scientific knowledge and experience
· Education and outreach competence
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.