CV: Electronic Engineering Technologist
| Date Submitted:||15-04-2014|
| Last Modified:||15-04-2014 (07:46)|
Over 20 years in the electronics industry, with experience in commercial, military and space applications.
Responsibilities ranging from providing electronic and mechanical design support for manufacturing and engineering to troubleshooting from a system to component level.
Neptec Design Group, Kanata, Ont.: Jan 97 to Feb 2014
Electronic Engineering Technologist.
- Engineering support for manufacturing and test.
- System and board level test/debug and repair.
- Thermal, vacuum and vibration testing.
- Build and document various prototype boards, test cables, jigs and fixtures.
- Calibration and maintenance of manufacturing assembly and test equipment.
- Functional Testing of Orbiter Laser Camera and Space Vision Systems.
- Lunar rover electrical design, internal wiring and schematic documentation.
- Test Team Leader/Coordinator for the Space Vision System used on the Orbiter and International Space Station.
- Generate engineering change notices, non-conformance reports and test procedures.
- Electrical and mechanical design of ground support equipment.
- NASA certified in surface mount and through hole soldering.
- Reverse engineered CCA’s and harnesses for DRDC underwater laser imaging system.
- Designed 21 flight wire harnesses for Lunar drill/core sample prototype
- Integrated 6 axes motion control system and developed the software for half scale models of the International Space Station.
- Designed the user interface panel for the motion control system used in astronaut training.
- Integrated 12 axes motion control system for calibration of Orbiter flight cameras.
- Mechanical design of Space Vision System Ground Support Unit Patch Panel, Video Patch Panel and Video Interface Unit.
- Advanced Development Model mechanical design, schematics and assembly.
i-STAT Canada Limited, Kanata, Ont.: Nov 90 to Jan 97
Equipment Development and Maintenance Technologist.
- Providing preventative and emergency maintenance on Pacific Western Wafer Probers, Automation Unlimited Fluid Dispensing Systems and Viking Visual Inspection Stations.
- Retrofitting and upgrading of Automated Wafer Probers, PCB design and schematic generation using ORCAD 4.1 design software.
- Mechanical design of jigs and fixtures using CADKEY 7 3D.
- Generating maintenance and calibration procedures for in house manufactured wafer processing and testing equipment.
- Technical support for research and development department.
- Generated CAD drawings for new and existing equipment.
- Building of calibration and test fixtures for production equipment.
- Designed and assembled an RS232 pneumatic controller for Automated Fluid Dispensing System which increased product yields by 30 %.
- Designed new wafer test probe from ceramic that cut wafer test equipment down time in half.
- Developed new wafer testing gasket material which increased gasket lifetime and improved test result accuracy.
Leigh Instruments, Carleton Place, Ont.: Jul 87 to Apr 90
- Test, debug, repair, overhaul and environmental tests on CF-18 fighter aircraft armament systems.
- Test and debug of aircraft cockpit voice recorder and ship multi-channel integrated communication terminals.
- Some GENRAD experience in testing of CCA's.
Education & Training
Neptec Design Group:
- SolidWorks Essentials 2010
- LabView 7.1 Basics I & II
- NASA Training: Surface Mount Soldering Fabrication & Inspection Per NASA-STD-8739.2
- NASA Training: Through Hole Soldering Fabrication & Inspection Per NASA-STD-8739.3
- NASA Training: Harness, Cabling/Crimping Fabrication & Inspection Per NASA-STD-8739.4
- NASA Training: Conformal Coating/Staking Fabrication & Inspection Per NAS-STD-8739.1
- Microsoft Mastering Visual Basic 6
- Leica Theodolite training using AXYZ software
- Jeeves document and part information software for the Shuttle Remote Manipulator System program.
- QNX 4.25
- KeyCreator 8.0 (Cadkey) Mechanical Design Software
- OrCAD Capture for Windows Rel 16.3
- Software courses; Cadkey 6 and Windows 3.1
- Team training course.
- Computer Science I January 1995
- Electronic Equipment Systems Tester Certificate May 1986 to May 1987
(Equivalent to 2 year technician diploma)
H.B. Beal S.S., London, Ont.:
- Grade 12 Diploma
- Completed two-year machine shop major 1985
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery
|3 months - Bronze
|6 months - Silver
|12 months - Gold
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.