Assistant Professor in Space Systems since 2006
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
University of Rome “La Sapienza”,
Master degree in Aerospace Engineering, July 2001 at University of Rome “La Sapienza”, Thesis title “ Optical system for orbit determination”.
PhD in Aerospace Engineering, April 2006 at School of Aerospace Engineering, Univrsity of Rome “La Sapienza”, PhD thesis title “Observation and mitigation of space debris”.
- Teacher of "Space Surveillance and Space Debris " Short Course given at University of Rome “La Sapienza”, in the framework of activities of Aerospace Engineering CAD, since 2012.
- Teacher of “Aircraft systems” at University of Rome “La Sapienza”, in the framework of activities of Aerospace Engineering CAD, since 2014
- Teacher of "Avionics and Space Instrumentation" Course given at Faculty of Engineering, University of Bologna "AlmaMater Studiorum", since 2006 to 2012.
- Teacher of "Orbital dynamics and control" Course given Faculty of Engineering, University of Bologna "Alma MaterStudiorum", since 2009 to 2011.
- Tutor for 2 Phd Sudents and 15 Master and Bachelor thesis
- Coordinatorof Group of Space Robotics, II Faculty of Engineering, University of Bologna "ALMA MATERSTUDIORUM" "Microsatellite attitude control systems"
- Academic supervisor of the REDEMPTION project selected by ESA in the framework of ESA/DLR programREXUS/BEXUS for a sounding rocket test campaign of an innovative system for Active Debris Removal based on polyurethane foam
- Academic supervisor of the COMPASS project selected by ESA in the framework of ESA/DLR program REXUS/BEXUS for a stratospheric balloon test campaign of an innovative system for balloon gondola attitude determination system and accurate geomagnetic field measurements
- Member of the Collegio dei Docenti del Dottorato in Ingegneria Aerospaziale della Scuola di Ingegneria Aerospaziale dell'Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" (anno 2010)
- Member of the Collegio di Progetto del Dottorato di Ricerca in Disegno e Metodi dell'Ingegneria Industriale del DIEM dell'Università di Bologna (2007/2011)
- Lecturer, Master in "Satellites and orbiting platforms", School ofAerospace Engineering, University of Rome "La Sapienza", academic years 2006-2007 and 2007-2008.
- Lecturer in the course of "Astrodynamics", School of Aerospace Engineering, University of Rome "LaSapienza", academic years 2006-2007 and 2007-2008.
- Lecturer in the course of "Aerospace Systems", Faculty of Engineering, University of Rome "La Sapi-enza",academic years 2002-2003 and 2003-2004.
Participation to National and International program
- Scientific Responsible of University of Bologna team, FP7-SPACE-2007-1: HeliconPlasmaHydrazine.COmbinedMicro
- Co-founder, POR FESR (Fondo Europeo Sviluppo Regionale) Lazio 2007- 2013 - Bando FILAS (Finanziaria Lazio Sviluppo) Sostegno Agli Spin-Off Da Ricerca - spin off ROBOPTICS srl
- Scientific Responsible, Program “Large field of view system for space debris monitoring” founded from Univeristy of Rome “La Sapienza”
- Coordinator of Italian space debris observation activity from the first Italian observatory devoted to Italian space debris, in the framework of the "Space Debris Project ", 2007, financed by the Agenzia Spaziale Italiana, ASI Contract No. I/046/07/0
- Coordinator of the design and building of the first Italian observatory devoted to space debris, in the framework of the "Space Debris Project ", 2006, financed by the Agenzia Spaziale Italiana, ASI Contract No. I/023/06/0,
- Participant in the "Sviluppo e prova di un sistema di determinazione d'assetto per piccoli satellite e lanciatori mediate microsensori" program funded by the Italian University and Research Ministry to the Department of AeroSpace Engineering and Astronautics of the University of Rome, 2003.
- Participant in the "Utilizzo di micro e nanotecnologie per piccolo piattaforme aerospaziali" program funded by the Italian University and Research Ministry to the Department of AeroSpace Engineering and Astronautics of the University of Rome, PRIN, 2002-2003.
- Participant in the "Sistemi di Controllo orbital e d'assetto di satelliti in formazione" program funded by the Italian University and Research Ministry to the Department of AeroSpace Engineering and Astronautics of the University of Rome, 2002.
- Participant in "Studio e prova di sistemi di inseguimento del picco di potenza per sistemi fotovoltaici di microsatelliti" program funded by the Italian University and Research Ministry to the Department of AeroSpace Engineering and Astronautics of the University of Rome, 2004.
Scientific journal committee participation
- Member of the International Program Committee on Space Debris of the 3/2011 11/2012 International Astronautical Federation (comitato selezionatore dei Paper per l'International Astronautical Congress
- Reviewer for scientific journals:
- Advances in Space Research,Reviewer since 2007
- Rapid prototyping Journal, Reviewer since 2008
- Acta Astronautica, Reviewer since 2009
Participation to national and international research institute
- Permanent technical committee on Space Debris of the International Academy of Astronautics (09/2010 11/2012)
- Keldish Institute of Applied Mathematics - ISON participation and coordination of the Italian team for the manufacturing and design of FIRST - The First Italian-Russian Observatory for Space Debris (05/2009 07/2009)
- Yuznohie state design office, Dnepropetrovs'k, Ucraina Fit Check of micro satellite UNISAT -3 (12/2003)
- ICS Kosmotras, Baykonour Cosmodrome, launch campaign of microsatellite UNISAT 3 (06/2004 07/2004)
- Yuznohie state design office, Dnepropetrovs'k, Ucraina Fit Check of micro satellite UNISAT -4 (11/2005 12/2005)
- ICS Kosmotras, Baykonour Cosmodrome, launch campaign of microsatellite UNISAT 4 (06/2006 06/2006)
Academic and scientific titles
- Bibliometric indexes (Scopus Database): H-index: 10
- Deputy-Chairman 2010/2012, Chairman 2012/2014 of the Working Group 1 - Measurements - at the Inter Agency Space Debris Coordination Committee (IADC) where main space agencies are represented (ASI (Agenzia Spaziale Italiana), CNES (Centre National d'Etudes Spatiales), CNSA (China National Space Administration), CSA (Canadian Space Agency), DLR (German Aerospace Center), ESA (European Space Agency), ISRO (Indian Space Research Organisation), JAXA (Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency), NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration), NSAU (National Space Agency of Ukraine), ROSCOSMOS (Russian Federal Space Agency), UKSpace (UK Space Agency)
- From 2010 Member of the Technical Committee on Space Debris of the International Academy of Astronautics (IAA).
- From 2010 Member of the International Program Committee of the International Astronautical Federation (IAF) and chairman at Symposium of Space Debris of the international Astronautical Congress.
- International Prize: Bepi Colombo Prize. Year: 2006. Title of awarded scientific research : Sistema di Deorbiting per microsatelliti. Name of Awarding Association: CISAS - Università di Padova. Ciity: Padova. Nation: ITALIA. Diffusion: International
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering at the School of Aerospace engineering of University of Roma "La Sapienza"
SPIN OFF Proposer and Vice-President of the SPIN OFF: Roboptics Srl, of the Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza" . The spin-off received a grant from LAZIO Region of 100.000 Euro through FILAS (Finanziaria Lazio Sviluppo) for the development of an innovative robotic mount on European POR-FESR funds.
1) Fabrizio Piergentili, A passive system for LEO microsatellite deorbiting. patent n°RM2005A000471, Italian patent office, September 15th, 2005.
2) Fabrizio Piergentili, Gian Paolo Candini, University of Bologna, Integrated photovoltaic module and production method, patent n°RM2008A000198, Italian patent office, April 15th, 2008.
Cooperation with national and international institutes
- NASA delegation at IADC, for coordination of Geostationary Orbit Observation Campaign
- Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences) of Moscow to design andmanufacture of the first Italian-Russian observatory for space debris
- Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics (Russian Academy of Sciences) of Moscow to manufacture and design magnetic attitude control systems for nano and micro satellites
- Japan Science and Technology Corporation (JST) and l'Observatoire de Haute Provence (CNES) for the image analysis of objects in orbit.
- Swedish Space Corporation for the manufacturing of experiments on board stratospheric balloon BEXUS 7 eBEXUS 9 and on board sounding rockets REXUS
- Institute of Fisica dello Spazio Interplanetario (INAF-IFSI) for the manufacturing of a triple probe forionosphere plasma parameter analysis
- Consultant for Aerospace companies (AMS, Thales Alenia, DMA), research centers (INAF-IRA) and the Italian Air Force in the field of space systems and Astrodynamics.
- Cooperation with ASI (Italian Space Agency) for a space debris observation campaign from the Broglio Space Center and the offshore platform, Malindi Kenya 2010.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.