Mechanical Engineer - Masters of Aerospace Engineering Candidate
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- High level of interest in gaining experience and persuing a career in the Aerospace industry
- Distinguished time management and problem solving skills developed through managing multiple engineering projects and deadlines
- Excellent oral and written communication skills enhanced through numerous work presentations and engineering reports
- Fluent in French
CAD programs : AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SolidEdge;
(Formal training with Solidworks 2010, by Javelin Technologies)
Analysis software : Siemens NX 8 Nastran, Thermal Desktop, SolidWorks Simulation, ANSYS
Other : Microsoft Office, MATLAB
Spacecraft Mechanical Subsystem Engineer Sept 2013 » Current
Space Flight Laboratory ‐ University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Serve as the mechanical design lead for the Norwegian Space Angency's NORSAT-1 16kg Microsatellite
- Developed the full detailed design of the satellite structure, internal and external layout, mechanical ground support equipment, and two honeycomb composite solar arrays
- Performed a spacecraft level structural and modal analysis using Siemens NX 8 Nastran
- Designed, through prototyping and testing, two deployable tape spring antennas held down at a common point
- In charge of the spacecraft level dirty and clean Assembly Integration and Testing (AIT) to be completed by the summer of 2015
Mechanical Systems Designer Sept 2012 » December 2012
Christie Digital Systems ‐ Entertainment Solutions, Kitchener, ON
- Worked in a team environment performing design at the system and component levels of digital cinema projectors
- Hands‐on experience creating and testing prototypes to optimize mechanical designs in order to generate cost effective solutions to meet our customer requirements
- Designed and optimised an air flow system out of sheet metal to solve an overheating issue of a critical formatter board
- Executed accurate optical mirror testing and generated various test plans
Lunar Rover Engineering May 2011 » August 2011
Neptec Design Group, Ottawa, ON
- Aided the design of multiple lunar rover prototypes by completing sub‐ system analysis as part of the Rover Mobility team
- Preformed part selection and design analysis of rover components such as a brake analysis report sent directly to the Canadian Space Agency
- Executed a preliminary thermal analysis on a prospective lunar drill using Thermal Desktop
- Assisted in the installation and assembly of rover sub‐assemblies and planned, prepared, and executed mobility test cases
Mechanical Engineering Co‐op January 2010 » May 2010 & September 2010 » December 2010
NCR Canada Ltd, Waterloo, ON
- Applied problem solving skills while tending to daily continuation engineering tasks involving precision mechanical design of Automated Teller Machine (ATM) components
- Designed and implemented a new stacking bin system to production as part of a cost reduction initiative
- Preformed failure analysis using Solidworks Simulation and physical life‐ cycle testing of prototype designs
- Developed a sound understanding of plastic part design and design for assembly/manufacturability
INTERESTS / VOLUNTEER
Marketing Representative May 2012 » April 2012
Waterloo/Laurier Ismaili Student Association, Waterloo, ON
- Work with an executive team in organizing numerous social events
- Promote events through social media networks, managing the club website, and creating posters
Promotional Representative July 2008 » August 2008
Inventa (Nintendo promotion), Calgary, AB
- Responsible for promoting and teaching consumers about the Nintendo Wii during the Calgary Stampede
- Developed multitasking and communication skills from tending to large population flow
Vice Chairperson of Sport Logistics September 2010 » May 2011
Waterloo/Laurier Ismaili Student Association, Waterloo, ON
- Organized numerous sporting events, including a national sports tournament hosted at the University of Waterloo
- Coordinated all scheduling, rules, facilities/equipment, teams and referees
- Proved leadership qualities while managing a group of volunteers
University of Toronto Intramurals, Toronto, ON
September 2013 » Present
- Member of competitive ice hockey, softball and volleyball teams
University of Waterloo Intramurals, Waterloo, ON
September 2008 » April 2013
- Member of competitive ice hockey, ball hockey, and soccer teams Zealous tourist, gizmo geek, golfer‐in‐progress, passionate parallel parker
Masters of Applied Science September 2013 » June 2015 (Expected)
Aerospace Engineering - University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies (UTIAS), Toronto, ON
- Currently pursuing a full-time, 2-year Masters of Applied Science (MASc) degree at the Space Flight Laboratory.
Bachelor of Applied Science September 2008 » June 2013
Honours Mechanical Engineering Co‐op - University of Waterloo, ON
Exchange Program September 2011 » February 2012
TU Delft, Netherlands
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.