Seeking a placement opportunity to utilize my knowledge and skills in order to find innovative solutions in the field of Aviation and contribute towards the growth of the company.
• M.Sc in Aerospace Engineering, Jointly awarded by – Technische Universität München (TUM) And Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. August 2012-June 2014, CGPA - 4.56/5; CAP - 1.39. • Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical, Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India. April 2006-June 2010, CGPA - 8.31/10.
Systems Engineer, Infosys Technologies Limited, June 2010 – June 2012 • Worked as Systems Engineer in Finacle Product Maintenance and Development Interface- Connect 24. • My role is to provide bug fixes and release for banks that deploys Finacle.
• Effects of thermal barriers on Diesel engine performance June 2008 – October 2008
The heat transfer rate in the IC engines determines the temperature variation of the parts especially on piston crown. Coated a material called ‘Yttrium Partially stabilized Zirconia’ in piston crown along with valve head and cylinder head using thermal spraying (Plasma arc) and tested in a 4.5 hp diesel engine. We achieved a 5-6% decrease in Specific fuel consumption (SFC), 4-5% increase in brake thermal efficiency and 8-9% increase in mechanical efficiency without any observable knock.
• Evaluation of mechanical properties of Composite materials for Aerospace applications November 2009 – March 2010
Developed few composite materials made of Glass fibers with GP resin and Epoxy resin under various ratios of the resin and matrix with different orientation and tested extensively. As a result, the mechanical aspect of composites and the properties of ply orientations used in Aerospace applications both analytically (Matlab) and practically was studied in detail.
• Aircraft Design Project – Ultra Long Haul-1 September 2012-November 2012
Designed an ultra-long haul aircraft with a range of 14500Km and Mach number of 0.9 at a cruise altitude of 12km. Under intense market surveys and usage of advanced technologies like materials used, TBC coatings, alternative fueling methods and many others, reports including compliance matrix, cost estimation, operational envelope, weight estimation and various other important parameters are calculated.
• Mechanical Characterization of BMI Matrix – GFRP August 2013-September 2013
Tensile, shear, compressive and thermal characterization of thermoset resin, Bis-Maleimides (BMI) using bidirectional Glass fibers. As a result the material was manufactured using Autoclave and the mechanical properties of the material with crack propagation was analyzed using Abaqus for its extensive high temperature applications.
• Active Thermal control of Nano-Satellites (Ongoing) February 2014 to August 2014
Various existing active thermal control methods of micro and nano-satellites are studied extensively, of which electrochromic radiators are chosen as the effective way for thermal control in NIR and MIR region. Presently working on the selection of electrochromic materials. My future work involves fabrication of the electrochromic device and testing it under various thermal conditions.
• Thermal analysis of Velox-II (Ongoing) February 2014 to August 2014
The project involves thermal analysis of the satellite system using MATLAB, SolidWorks Simulation or SINDA/G. The specific Velox-II mission, its orbit parameters and sub-systems design are inputs to determine the temperature profile at concerned location, i.e. battery, MCU, solar panels, etc. The thermal analysis method and model will be applied first on the 1U CubeSat Velox-PII, and evaluated by the Velox-PII in-orbit temperature readings.
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
• First Prize in a Paper Presentation titled “Effects of thermal barriers in diesel engine performance” in IMPELZ ‘09, a National level technical symposium conducted by KLN College of engineering, 2009.
• Third Prize in a Paper Presentation on the topic “Application of composites in aerospace Engineering” in Anna University, 2009.
• First prize in “Visual Teasers” conducted by International Society for Technology in Education, 2008.
• Selected as one of the finalists for “Best Managers contest”, Institute of Engineers, 2009.
• Was among top 5% in class during Undergraduate and Master’s.
• Recipient of DAAD Scholarship for the fourth semester, MSc Aerospace Engineering.
• English: Full professional proficiency.
• German: Completed A1.1-level German language course at Goethe institute.
• Programming Languages: Basics of C, C++, SQL, Relational Data Base Management System, J2EE (JSP).
• Operating Systems: Windows 98, Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, UNIX, Mac.
• Design and Simulation Software’s: Basics of Abaqus 6.10, Laminate Analysis Program (LAP), AutoCAD, CATIA, MATLAB, SolidWorks, MSC Patran, SindaG.
• Member of Society of Automotive Engineers, 2006-2010.
• Member of the Rotaract club member of Madurai, Tamil Nadu (2009-2010), actively participated in community service which involved a project called “Aarambh”.
• As an active student committee member during my under graduate, organized many events in national level technical symposiums and Quest ‘09 in Thiagarajar College of Engineering.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.