Aerospace engineer. Young professional with invaluable experience in flight simulation looking forward to taking on new challenges and building an international career in the space industry.
Available from October 1st. Willingness to travel and/or relocate.
FLIGHT SIMULATION ENGINEER
CAE COMMERCIAL FLIGHT TRAINING
(Named Lockheed Martin CFT until May 2016; Sim Industries until Jan 2015)
Sassenheim, The Netherlands | October 2014 – Present
Development of flight simulation products for commercial airlines pilot training.
* Software engineering: simulation of physical systems and implementation of aircraft internal logic and algorithms as per vendor documentation (Boeing/Airbus schematics, data sheets, requirements, etc) and customers’ requirements. Integration with other software modules and hardware components.
* Specialized in the simulation of avionics systems (e.g. HUD, TCAS, FMS, ADIRS, ARINC, WEU, autopilot).
* Documentation: creation of Software Design Descriptions (SDD), Acceptance Test Manuals (ATM).
* Systems engineering: Systems, Preliminary Design Review (SDR, PDR) of the A350 simulator display systems.
Some of the tools and skills used: C++, Visual Studio, Matlab, Python, Excel, Word, Visio, LaTeX.
MASTER IN AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY OF MADRID
Madrid, Spain | October 2005 – October 2014
Name of the diploma in Spanish: “Ingeniero Aeronáutico”
Aeronautical engineering with specialization in space systems. The degree provides a strong background in physics and mathematics, and covers diverse topics like fluid dynamics, electronics, aircraft and helicopter design, wind energy, economics, etc. The specialization focuses on space systems, orbital dynamics, avionics, control, hypersonic aerodynamics, propulsion, among others. Example of some of the projects that I took part of:
* Sun-pointing satellite theoretical design, mission analysis with STK. Team project simulating concurrent design methodology, where I was responsible of the Attitude and Orbit Control System (AOCS);
* Acceptance testing of power, thermal, communications and attitude systems of an educational cubesat;
* Stratospheric probe design and construction, telemetry and sensors programmed with Arduino;
* "Preliminary design of a 20 MW wind turbine" (Master thesis), using a Matlab toolkit and Latex.
Some of the tools and skills used: MATLAB, Simulink, Fortran, CATIA, Solid Edge, Excel, Word, Latex.
Pre-university education in Marbella, Spain (IES Guadalpín). Overall grade: 9.6/10.
SPANISH - Native
ENGLISH - Fluent (C2)
FRENCH - Limited professional proficiency (B2/B1)
GERMAN - Limited professional proficiency (B2/B1)
DUTCH - Conversational (A2)
RUSSIAN - Beginner (A1)
“Feasibility of a low-cost sounding ‘rockoon’ platform”
Co-author. Feasibility study and cost analysis of a device that launches a rocket into space from a platform lifted to the stratosphere by means of a helium balloon, using commercial-off-the-shelf components.
* Published in the proceedings of the 66th International Astronautical Congress, held in Jerusalem (Israel), where I also presented.
* Published in Acta Astronautica scientific journal (vol. 127, Oct-Nov 2016).
“Interdisciplinary design towards a rack motion lunar micro-rover”
Co-author. Conceptual design of a wheel-less rover, able to move on the surface of the Moon meeting a set of requirements provided by the organizers of a student competition.
* Published in the proceedings of the 63rd International Astronautical Congress, held in Naples (Italy).
Operative systems: Linux, Windows.
Office suite: Excel (advanced user), Word, Powerpoint, Visio (also Google Docs and LibreOffice).
Programming languages: MATLAB, C++, Fortran, Python.
Other tools: Visual Studio. File versioning with SVN, Git
Engineering tools: CATIA, Solid Edge, STK, EcosimPro.
Member of university association LEEM (Spanish acronym for “Laboratory for Research in Space and Microgravity”). Former vice-president (2011-12). Developed and managed the association´s website.
Within the scope of the university association LEEM, acted as project manager of the ‘rockoon’ electronics sub-system, leading the effort to simplify the device architecture, reduce the cost and improve the on board software (2013-2014). Posteriorly co-authored a feasibility study (see “Publications”), presented it in the IAC´15 in Israel and launched a website (rockoon.eu) to capture a potential market.
ONLINE EDUCATION AND OTHER TRAINING
Successfully passed several online (edX platform) courses, namely:
* “Space Mission Design and Operations” (online, EPFL, April 2016)
* “Introduction to real-time systems” (online, IEEE, Dec 2015)
* “Introduction to Linux” (online, Linux Foundation, Aug 2014)
* “Autonomous Navigation for Flying Robots” (online, TU München, May-June 2014)
* “Effective thinking through mathematics” (online, UT Austin, Feb-May 2014)
* “Big data and social physics” (online, MIT, May 2014)
* “Introduction to computational thinking and data science” (online, MIT, Feb-Apr 2014)
* “Introduction to computer science and programming” (online, MIT, Oct-Dec 2013)
STK Level 1 Certification – for mission modelling, simulation, analysis and visualization (online, Jul 2016)
“Introduction to systems´ simulation and modelling with EcosimPro” (on-campus, TU Madrid, Nov 2013)
“Introduction to CATIA” (on-campus, TU Madrid, Nov-Dec 2012)
* During university, worked as a booking manager for an educational theatre show ran by an English-speaking theatre duo, connecting the company with the customers.
* In good health, regularly practicing sport. Avid traveller and cook, I enjoy watching movies, hiking, attending language exchanges and self-learning on a broad range of topics.
* In possession of a B-type driving license (European Union valid).
* Willingness to travel and take on additional responsibilities.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.