Systems/Project Engineer with over 23 years of experience. Proficient in the full Project Management life cycle and proficient in Program and Project Planning and Control, Hardware and System Integration and Mechanical Design. Has risen progressively from 2D/3D mechanical design to hardware integration, technical field support, liaison to domestic and international customers and into project and program management. Works well on multiple simultaneous projects and as a liaison to vendors and customers. Is a practical, trustworthy, highly motivated self-starter who consistently exceeds performance expectations.
• Program and Project Management
• Hardware Integration and Test
• Mechanical and Systems Engineering
• Technical Field Support
• Project Planning and Control
• Production Facility Support
• MS Office Suite and Visio 2010
• Vendor Technical Liaison
• MS Project 2010
• Launch Site and Flight Operations Support
• MS Project Web Application Server 2010
• Lean Six Sigma Statistical Process Improvement
• Milestones Professional 2010
• FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, Hazard Analysis
• Mechanical Design (CAD/ProE/IDEAS)
• Material Review Board/Corrective Actions
•I BM Rationale DOORS, Windchill, Sharepoint, EDMS, CMDB
GHG Corporation , Houston, TX March 2008 to October 2013
Facility Systems Development Division
Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
• As Sr. Project Eng./PP&C Lead-Managed mission control facility re-design project cost and schedule adherence. Managed project impacts due to Engineering Change Notices and Interface Control Document changes involving the mission control center facilities and subsystems. Consolidated impacts from 21 subsystem leads. Created a new change tracking system for the division. Managed project risks via reviews with customer and contractors, and by reviewing implementation processes with the contractor during all phases of the project. Reviewed preventative measures and implemented corrective actions to reduce cost/schedule risk.
• As Sr. Project Eng./PP&C-Managed the mission control center facilities upgrade project and schedule for teardown, re-design and build-up of new control rooms and engineering support back rooms. Work included computer deliveries, secure network installation, installation of consoles and monitors and software loads. Managed inter-project dependencies and integration touch points schedules and milestones for cross-project tracking, notification and upper program management insight. Provided executive management with monthly project status (550+ milestones and critical path). Provided budget oversight and resource management for 21 subsystem teams, working in a matrixed organization and coordinating with all levels of personnel.
• As Sr. Systems Eng.-Developed and managed System Requirements Documents and Interface Definition Documents for mission control center subsystems and network architecture. Created Concept of Operations and System Architecture Documents and Work Flow Diagrams for the health and status monitoring capabilities in the mission control center and associated back support rooms.
• As Sr. Project Mgr.-Levied system requirements on vendors and provided requests for proposals and requests for quotes. Defined project scope, goals and required deliverables. Evaluated proposals and quote responses from vendors against project and system requirements for hardware/software health and status software solutions (HP, Nagios, SolarWinds, BigFix, ServiceNow, Net QOS, IBM and Monolith). Defined project scope, objectives, test methods and acceptance test criteria. Worked SLAs, SLRs, OLAs, CIs, CRs, Help Desk, Work Flow}.
• As Sr. Project Eng.-Managed vendor software tools capability and cost-benefit evaluations for enterprise network management technologies and software solutions to provide health and status monitoring of control center hardware assets, networks and communications /data and 18 other subsystems. Created requirements specs/documents, requirements verification matrixes and vendor solution cost breakdown spreadsheets for evaluation. Provided program office oversight of subcontractors during the installation.
Wyle Laboratories , Houston, TX Jan 2007 to April 2008
Program Management Systems Office
Senior Systems Engineer/Senior Project Engineer
• As Systems Engineering/PP&C Lead and Integration Office representative, - Chaired program level Joint Audit Working Group, ensuring lower level projects kept in synch with Audit and Verification planning as hardware deliverables were readied for final customer acceptance (launch vehicle, crew exploration vehicle, lunar lander).
• As Project Manager. - Created the Design Certification Review and System Acceptance Review Plans as well as the Joint Audit/Verification Review Schedule for NASA’s Constellation Program. Ensured all lower projects used consistent, standard and agreed-to methods and tools for documentation development, release and storage. Created design review format and content templates, engineering change notice and corrective action processes, hardware and system verifications and final acceptance review processes. Defined test/verification and acceptance criteria.
• As Senior Project Engineer - Represented SE&I PMO to prepare lower level projects for major program reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR, FAR etc.). Levied program expectations and requirements for successful completion of the associated review cycles, qualification testing and final acceptance testing.
United Space Alliance, Houston, TX May 2000 to Jan 2007
Program Management Office – External Unpressurized Carriers
Senior Staff Engineer
• Project Engineering Lead responsible for integration and delivery of flight support hardware and complex mechanical assemblies for the International Space Station’s Orbital Replacement Units (ORUs) and associated analytical products. Member of Material Review Board to provide root-cause evaluation (RCA) and corrective action guidance on non-conformances; reviewed material traceability and quality verification. Represented PMO verifying vibration/thermal/acoustic testing conformed to quality control requirements and standards.
• Provided PMO technical direction and oversight of $200+ million of flight hardware from design through manufacture, test and verification, certification, final acceptance, and final delivery to customer. Reviewed prototype designs with astronauts to assess the need for changes/improvements before final manufacturing and integration. Reviewed human interface safety, procedures for tool usage during integration and for handling when on orbit. Performed hazard analyses and reviewed fault trees to provide technical risk management before hardware is used in space; ie. anticipating potential problems and implementing preventative actions and procedures.
• As Lead Project Engineer-Supervised lower level project engineers and CAD personnel (8) and advised of learning opportunities for career growth, performed performance reviews, reward allocation and timecard keeping.
• Led integration and launch of payloads, mechanical assemblies and replacement parts for the International Space Station. Received program management recognition for exceptionally quick and successful hardware integration.
• Provided technical PMO direction to the Canadian Space Agency during hardware development, test, and acceptance of spare elements for the Space Station’s robotic arm. Reviewed designs, drawings, specifications, on-orbit procedures to ensure requirements were met.
• Technical liaison to domestic and international partners for the design and fabrication of external cargo carriers and hardware attachment systems. Expedited delivery of flight and ground support equipment. Chaired material review board meetings, verification and test reviews and final acceptance reviews.
• Developed of Memos of Agreement, Bases of Estimates, Statements of Work, Cost Estimates, and Technical Task Orders and Agreements for design and integration activities between NASA and International Partners.
Honeywell Target Systems – Mishawaka, IN March 1997 to April 2000
Senior Mechanical Engineer/Senior Project Lead
• Led weight and cost reduction efforts for the $1.5 million electro-hydro-mechanical fuel control used on the Honeywell AS907 turbofan jet engine. Reductions included changes to machined parts, castings, and fuel control assemblies. Achieved a $330,000 cost reduction and a 7% weight reduction.
• Converted TALOS surface-to-air missiles to Vandal-Enhanced Extended Range supersonic sea-skimming target missiles. Retrofit missiles to add Inertial Navigation System and Global Positioning System receivers, radar beacons, transmitters, scorers, radar cross section countermeasures.
• Incorporated first successful supersonic ramjet missile vibration isolation solution for a Ashtech GPS Receiver. Provided CAD layouts to analyze tolerance stacks and possible layouts of components.
• Designed a fuel leakage repair solution to eliminate random catastrophic failures during supersonic flight. Solution was retrofit on all remaining missiles preventing future failures due to fuel leakages in the hot gas ignitor area. Used FMEA and Lean Six Sigma processes to reduce manufacturing errors and process waste. Developed a quick procedure for implementing the change in the field.
• Provided design oversight of 24 missiles per year, at $1.3M per missile, for INS/GPS retrofit and launch preparation. Used CAD/SDRC IDEAS/Pro-E to create drawings and assemblies. Authored and implemented ECNs. Led six sigma project to reduce ECN review/sign-off/incorporation process – reduced total time by 1/3.
• Supervisor of 3 CAD personnel – performed timekeeping, performance reviews, reward allocation and recommended learning path for career advancement within the organization.
• Developed electronics packaging concepts and 2D/3D CAD layouts for proposed Super Exocet (VESTA) missile forward body section. Provided customer with packaging concepts, center of gravity and mass property data. Validate that the VESTA missile as a potential replacement for the VANDAL.
• Provided launch site technical field support and firing room operational support during naval warfare training operations. Provided real-time telemetry data translation for altitude, speed, location, and missile system status.
Lockheed Martin Astro Space – Princeton, NJ Aug 1990 to March 1997
Program Management, Lead Mechanical Engineer, Manuf. Liaison
• Vender and manufacturing liaison responsible for handling mechanical design issues and final acceptance or rejection of machined, cast, and sheet metal parts, structural honeycomb panels, and photovoltaic solar arrays for five different spacecraft.
• Lead mechanical design engineer for a series of five weather satellites. Resolved design, fabrication and integration issues. Provided oversight of drafting support for spacecraft structural bus and panel design, flight electronics mounting drawings, and structural mounting insert placement drawings.
• Designed first one-piece multilayer graphite epoxy spacecraft-to-launch vehicle transition ring for the A2100 program satellite, providing both weight and cost savings for use on future satellite programs.
• Designed composite flight structures, machined, cast, and sheet metal parts while overseeing four draftsmen. Designed spacecraft handling and transport structures, and equipment mounting brackets.
• Responsible for mechanical test rack design, certification and verification documentation packages for final acceptance of Spacecraft Power Supply Test Equipment Racks for the Defense Meteorological Satellite Program
Education & Training:
BS Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineering The Ohio State University, June 1989
Spotfire Introduction to Data Mining, Analysis and Graphing Shell Oil at Lockheed Martin, September 2013
Milestones Professional 2010 Training NASA Johnson Space Center, February 2013
Microsoft Project and Project Server 2010 NASA Johnson Space Center, January 2011
Systems Engineering Training (Systems Eng., Trade Studies, Decision Analysis) Wyle Labs, Houston, October 2008
Earned Value Management System Training Wyle Labs, Houston, October 2007
Project Management Leadership Training Univ. of Houston Clear Lake, 2004
Project Management Training Wyle Labs (Kepner-Tregoe), Houston, July 2007
Lean Six Sigma Statistical Process AlliedSignal Corporate Training, 1997
SDRC IDEAS and Pro-E Solid Modeling Martin Marietta Astro Space, 1994
AutoCAD Design and Drafting Martin Marietta Astro Space, 1992
Spacecraft Design and Attitude Control/Systems Engineering GE Aerospace Corporate Training 1991
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.