Being always fascinated by the universe and particularly spaceflight, I decided early that I wanted to study and work in the field of aerospace engineering. I’m a very motivated, reliable, helpful, internationally oriented and well adaptive university master student who speaks multiple languages. Growing up in a town near Antwerp, Belgium, doing my university studies (completely in English) in Delft, the Netherlands and performing a nine month internship at EADS Astrium Space Transportation in Bremen, Germany gave me the opportunity of living and working for prolonged time in three different countries, while meeting people from all over Europe gave me the practical experience to practice daily the usage of major important European languages such as English, French and German. I obtained the Master of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering at Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) with writing a master thesis in the field of space propulsion which is my main passion.
2011 - 2014 Master Aerospace Engineering (Track: Spaceflight, Profile: Space Systems Engineering), Delft University of Technology
• average grade during Master program: 7.5/10.
• main program focused on Space Systems Engineering
• personal focus and specialisation: (chemical) Rocket Propulsion
• important/relevant courses:
2010 Minor Applied Sustainable Science Engineering and Technology,
Delft University of Technology
The 30 ECTS half year minor program is part of the bachelor and allows for the possibility to gain knowledge outside your field of study; it was used by me to broaden my knowledge to the field of Sustainability and Bio-mimicry.
2008 - 2011 Bachelor Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
• average grade during Bachelor program: 8.1/10 (top 10 percent)
• bachelor degree obtained with distinction (cum laude)
2002 - 2008 Algemeen Secundair Onderwijs, College van het Eucharistisch Hart Essen
General Secondary Education, profile choice: Latin-Mathematics
June 2013 – May 2014 Master thesis: Liquid Rocket Analysis: Development of a Liquid Bi-Propellant Rocket Engine Design, Analysis and Optimization Tool, TU Delft (Delft, Netherlands)
Creation of a preliminary design tool in MATLAB containing a performance, mass and sizing model for several liquid rocket engine cycles, including pressure fed, gas generator, expander cycle and staged combustion. (Final grade: 7.5/10)
November 2013- May 2014 Delfi-n3Xt Radio Operator, TU Delft (Delft, Netherlands)
Operation of radio transceiver equipment to downlink telemetry data from and uplink commands to the TU Delft CubeSat, Delfi-n3Xt.
September 2012- May 2013 Industrial Internship, Astrium GmbH (Bremen, Germany)
9 month internship at the propulsion department of Astrium Space Transportation in Bremen where I have performed 3 different assignments which took 3 months each;
1) Creation of anomaly database and statistical performance evaluation of HM7B upper stage engine on Ariane 5 ESC-A.
2) Literature study with trade-off on 'Green Propellant Candidate Selection for the Astrium Space Plane Attitude Control System.'
3) Feasibility and technology interest study on 'The Application of Solid Gas Generator in Pressure-fed and Turbo-pump fed Rocket Engines'.
February 2012 Assistant to Ph.D student during flight tests on synthetic fuel, TU Delft (Delft, Netherlands)
Assisted a Ph.D student doing research on synthetic fuel developed by Shell during test flights with the Cessna Citation II owned by TU Delft and NLR. The tasks included on-ground preparations at Schiphol airport and in-flight measurements.
2011 Bachelor thesis: feasibility study for the exploration and sample return of an inner main belt asteroid, TU Delft (Delft, Netherlands)
Ten week fulltime project of a ten person student team. The final product was a fully documented feasibility study of an interplanetary space mission in cooperation with ESA ESTEC. My responsibilities were the spacecraft trajectory and sampling mechanism. The nontechnical focus was on teamwork and management. Both my contributions as my teamwork was evaluated very positive. (Final grade 8.0/10)
2008 - 2009 Delft Aerospace Rocket Engineering, (Delft, Netherlands)
Amateur student rocket building association; I build in a team, with a limited budget and commercial off-the-shelf components, a small solid fuel powered rocket.
July 2008 Student job, Evonik Degussa (Antwerp, Belgium)
I worked at the shipment of hydrogen-peroxide facility. Tasks were unloading of barrels from containers, conduct sample quality measurements of barrels and the hydrogen peroxide product, and attach correct hazard labels to shipment containers.
Driving licences car driving licence (vehicle category B) obtained in 2008
Languages Dutch: native French: advanced
English: fluent German: elementary
Catia, C++, Java, LaTeX, Maple, Matlab, MS Office, MS Windows, Linux Shell Scripting, EcosimPRO
2013 - present Member of Vis Viva
Society of Space Professionals
2011 - 2014 Member of Punch Volleyball
Student sport (volleyball) society. I was team captain in 2011.
other: music, gaming, cooking, private pilot license lessons, movies, piano, travelling
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.