AEROSPACE OPERATIONS PROFESSIONAL
Manager, Systems Engineer, Program Manager
Exceptional record of success in the management of aerospace programs and functions for the United States Air Force, including infrastructure management, test development, launch operations, contract management, procurement, project management, modeling and simulation, and more. Excel at building and leading top-performing teams, resolving complex issues, and coordinating launch day activities. Skilled in systems acquisition, integration, and deployment. Air Force Level I Certified Program Manager and Space Professional. Hold Top Secret/SCI security clearance. Professional strengths include:
Program Management * Operations Integration
Strategic Planning * Crisis Response * Process Improvement
Training/Development * Logistics * Procurement
Performance Assessments * Policy Development
Cost & Budget Control * Records Management
Anomaly Resolution * Contract Management
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE
Denver, CO/Cape Canaveral, FL, US * 2009 – Present
Senior Operations Manager (2013-present)
Hold multiple cross-responsibility positions directing the facilitation and success of vehicle launches. Oversee the critical launch infrastructure maintenance functions at Cape Canaveral, including mechanical and operational activities. Supervise a team of 16. Serve as liaison between government and launch customer, managing contracts and project support. Responsible for contract management, acquisition reporting, and budget monitoring for mission-related necessities such as cryogenic fuels. Ensure compliance with all safety and infrastructure standards. Evaluate purchases and analyze pricing vs. contracts. Approve the use of contracted companies to assist with problem resolution.
• Led a five-person squadron launch team through all rehearsals and launch day mission operations for a $32B Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) Space Lift Program.
• Saved $800,000 cryogenics test initiative by formulating new strategies to maximize the utilization of existing fuel supplies when the 2013 government shutdown threatened the acquisition of fuels for missions. Built alternate relationships with other agencies to share resources.
• Resolved issues relating to contractor transportation security. Reworked escort requirements and negotiated a $3.4B agreement with NASA for transportation of four space vehicles.
• Managed $2.1M in EELV/Space and Missile Center (SMC) programs and facilitated mission success.
• Serve as Records Manager and Unit Government Travel Card Monitor Program Coordinator. Currently hold positions as Cape Canaveral Crisis Action Team Executive and Company Resource Advisor.
Senior Integration Advisor (2012-2013)
Coordinated the integration of launch operations, including telemetry, flight systems, and tracking, with actual launch vehicle status. Led cross-functional teams from the launch and operations areas.
• Identified $7M in infrastructure priority requirements and formulated a three-year plan to achieve all goals despite operating in a period of harsh financial constraint and funding shortfalls.
• Led four-person team of engineers to identify $500,000 per year losses of customer cryogenic fuel issue.
• Key member of a team that saved $3.8M by determining organizational needs and negotiated a vital launch operations support agreement to close requirement gaps and define wing and contractor needs.
Test & Evaluation Branch Chief (2011-2012)
Managed operational testing, evaluation, and reporting for missile warning and defense, battlespace awareness, and technical intelligence mission areas. Led test material development and test performance. Scheduled and directed modeling and simulation scenarios. Supervised staff of nine for a $16B Space Based Infrared System (SBIRS) readiness evaluation. Defined test concepts. Coordinated with multiple agencies and departments.
• Enabled 100% on-time record for $4.2M next-generation intelligence satellite test plan development initiative. Led the formulation of 120-plus system metrics for integrated testing and utility assessment.
• Directed $4.2M in multi-site operational testing and evaluation for a $16B SBIRS satellite program.
Manager, Satellite Operations Center (2010-2011)
Spearheaded the gathering, analysis, and distribution of technical intelligence and battlespace awareness infrared data to support war fighter operations worldwide. Managed the performance of a $16B SBIRS, including 18 antennas and six ground stations in four countries. Supervised a team of 24 in the operation. Led the detection of nuclear detonations and missile launches and delivered reports/first-alert warnings to commanders, joint missile defense assets, and President. Maintained crew readiness.
• Decreased status report time to customers by 50% through developing new technical operating procedures.
• Oversaw the successful detection of combatant missile launches to facilitate timely warnings to civilians and military forces in the Middle East.
• As a Line Instructor, certified satellite system knowledge and performance.
Satellite Operations Supervisor (2009-2010)
Supervised five personnel in the detection of missile launches, using a $16B SBIRS. Compiled global surveillance data from various sources worldwide.
• Optimized global infrared detection levels by creating special areas of interest; also increased sensor detection rate 70%.
• Enabled continued 24x7x365 operations by leading the rapid resolution of technical issues.
MS in Industrial Engineering & Management
Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, OK
BS in Systems Engineering & Management
US Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
Certifications: Certified Air Force Program Manager, Level I; Air Force Space Professional, Level I
Training: Advanced Quality Assurance, Contract Execution, Intermediate Systems Acquisition, Contract Planning, Systems Planning/Research/Development/Engineering, Earned Value Management, Cost Analysis, Operational Test & Evaluations Course, SBIRS Ground Infrastructure Training, SBIRS Mission Qualification, Undergraduate Space Training, Air Force Trainers Course, Spacelift Fundamentals, and more
Hold Top Secret/SCI Clearance
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
Air and Space Campaign Medal (Operation Odyssey Dawn & Unified Protector)
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
National Defense Service Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Air Force Longevity Service Medal
Air Force Training Ribbon
45th Launch Group Team of the Quarter (2013)
Lt. Gen. Claire Chennault Trophy, Best Operational Group in 14th Air Force (2011)
2nd Space Warning Squadron Flight of the Quarter (2011)
2nd Space Warning Squadron Ops Crew of the Quarter (2x, 2011)
2nd Space Warning Squadron Missile Warning Officer of the Quarter (2x, 2010 & 2011)
Company Grade Officer of the Year (2010)
2nd Space Warning Squadron Company Grade Officer of the Quarter (2010)
Gen. Seth J. McKee Award, Best Space Warning Squadron in AFSPC (2010)
Computers: MS Office, Project, Visio, various proprietary systems
Security Clearance: Top Secret/SCI
"Amazingly talented officer/leader... Platinum officer; inspires entire flight to excellence." – Captain Brian Dea, USAF
"#1 of my Company Grade Officers... hard-charging leader/project manager entrusted with the toughest jobs. Dedicated space pro with dazzling abilities; leaps and bounds ahead of peers." – Major Michael Black, USAF
"Jason's work ethic and leadership is unmatched... Undeniable focus on mission success...hard-charging and delivers results." – Lt. Colonel David Ashley, USAF
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.