A dynamic and innovative engineering graduate in aerospace engineering discipline with an excellent blend of team player skills, leadership skills and a broad knowledge of engineering. An enthusiastic professional able to work efficiently both individually as well as within a team. Also capable of motivating the team in order to achieve key goals and final objectives. As an individual I strive to achieve excellence in the work I perform. Recognized for creative problem solving skills, meeting tight deadlines and ability to thrive in a fast paced work environment. Combined with my technical, interpersonal and psychological skills, I strive to be a competent and accomplished professional to produce measurable benefits to the organization. Core competencies include:
• Critical and Analytical Thinking • Team player • Decision Making • Active Listening • Creative Problem Solving
• Design and Analysis of Structures • System Engineering • Propulsion systems • Aerodynamics
NATIONAL AERONAUTICS AND SPACE ADMINISTRATION Titusville, FL
Summer Hire (Swamp Works & Rocket University, Kennedy Space Centre) 06 / 2013 - 09 / 2013
Worked with a dynamic team of aerospace/mechanical engineers at Swamp Works, NASA to develop an autonomous aerial lunar robotic system which utilizes vision based system for guidance and navigation. Also worked with a team of engineers at Rocket University, NASA to develop a vision system for Genesis- a hydrogen powered unmanned aerial vehicle used for aerial surveillance.
• Developed the tracking part of the vision system for the lunar robotic system using MATLAB/SIMULINK which aids the navigational purpose of the lunar robotic system.
• Developed algorithm for a vision based system to be used in Genesis for the identification and localization of ground targets based on color and template matching using MATLAB.
• Gained exposure to a world class work environment and opportunity to work with a great team of engineering professionals, understand their style of working and foremost learn, enhance and share technical knowledge.
• Assimilated competencies in a range of engineering disciplines and systems including structural engineering, unmanned aircraft systems, vision systems, product lifecycle management and system integration.
DAYTONA BEACH INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT Daytona Beach, FL
Graduate Student Assistant 01 / 2013 - 09 / 2013
• Assisted airline passengers, airport staff, airline employees and public visitors to the airport by providing enhanced real-time aviation meteorology and air traffic information of interest.
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY Daytona Beach, FL
Tutor (Department of Mathematics) 01 / 2012 - 01 / 2013
• Tutored undergraduate students in mathematics. Helped students in understanding mathematical concepts and demonstrate problem solving techniques.
Grader (Department of Aerospace Engineering)
• Graded homework and class quizzes for 3 sections of undergraduate course Aerospace Structures I.
• Assisted and guided students on the class assignments.
EMBRY-RIDDLE AERONAUTICAL UNIVERSITY Daytona Beach, FL
Master of Aerospace Engineering, CGPA 3.56/4.0 Aug 2011 - May 2014
MAHATMA GANDHI UNIVERSITY Kerala, INDIA
B.Tech, Electronics and Communication Engineering, CGPA 3.7/4.0 Aug 2006 - June 2010
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
Engineering Software’s: Catia, Matlab, Simulink, Stanjan, Nastran (Basics), Core
• Currently working with ERFSEDS (Embry-Riddle Future Space Explorers and Developers Society) on designing a hybrid sub-orbital rocket, an endeavor to increase knowledge about rocketry and increase advocacy about space exploration. The design is basically a hybrid single stage rocket with onboard video and recovery systems.
Intelligent Traffic Control System
• Designed and developed a traffic control system which employs the concept of identifying priority lanes based on vehicle density to control the traffic light system. Image Processing Toolbox of MATLAB was used to compare the captured images to a reference image for identifying priority lanes based on vehicle density. The generated information is then processed with the help of a PIC microcontroller and drivers to control the traffic signal system.
Disaster Recovery Aid Robot
• Worked in a team of 4 and successfully designed and developed a self-driven robot that detects obstacles, figure out its own path, sense human presence and atmospheric conditions like temperature, inflammable gases, liquids and IR rays. It also updates the information to a base station through wireless communication. An AVR coded Arduino microcontroller was used as CPU and Zigbee was used for wireless communication.
Eagle Solar Power System (ESPS) - Systems Engineering Core Project
• Designed and developed a system model of a solar power unit at Embry Riddle Aeronautical University using the Vitech Core 8 software. This project helped crystallize my understanding of how to model the development of systems according to the principles and methods of systems engineering. It also helped me to better understand the sub-disciplines within systems engineering, namely Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety (RAMS).
Ceramic matrix Composites (CMCs) on Aero Engines- Technical study
• A technical study was carried out on the use of CMCs in aero engines. Various aero engine requirements were analyzed ranging from weight reduction and increased engine performance resulting in increased temperatures, low cycle costs, high thrust to weight ratios, light weight as well as low levels of noise and emissions. The study also covered topics related to designing, processing, manufacturing and application of CMCs to aero engine components namely engine igniters, convergent nozzle flap, acoustic liners, bladed disk, combustor liner, turbine nozzle vane.
• American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) • Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS)
• Indian Student Association (ISA) • Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineer (IEEE)
• Advanced Compressible Flow • Rocket Engine Propulsion • Turbine Engine Propulsion • Strength and Fatigue of Materials
• Analysis of Aircraft Composite Materials • Systems Engineering • Spacecraft Power and Thermal Design
• Digital Electronics & Logic Design • Microprocessors and Microcontrollers • Linear Integrated Circuits • Signals & Systems
• Digital Communication Techniques • Digital Signal Processing • Power Electronics • Microcontroller based System Design
• VLSI Technology • Microwave and Radar Engineering • Control Systems • Advanced Microprocessors • Radiation and Propagation
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES
• Recipient of Prime Minister’s Scholarship for undergraduate studies instituted by Ministry Of Defense, Govt. of India.
• Cleared Service Selection Board interview and Pilot Aptitude Battery Test (PABT).
• Obtained the prestigious A, B certificates in NCC-a military cadet corps under Ministry Of Defense, Govt. of India aimed to develop Character, Comradeship, Discipline, Leadership, and Ideals of Selfless Service among school and college students
• College Students Union- Chairman, 2009-2010
• Summer Academy, ERAU- Team Lead, 2013
• Indian Student Association (ISA) – Event organizer and Executive committee member, 2013- 2014
• School/College Soccer and Cricket team, Intramural teams- Member,2004-05/2008-2010, 2012-2014
Space Exploration, Travelling, Football/Soccer, Movies, General knowledge, Ancient Science & Technology