CURRENT SITUATION : Since April 2013
Confirmed Researcher at Météo France, SESAR Project.
R & D :
Research and Development of a 3D high resolution reflectivity field above the main European airports and then above all of Europe :
– Develop and Validate a 3D reflectivity prototype for European radars (Using ODIM-HDF5 format).
– Compare the current 3D reflectivity approach of Météo France with a 3D prototype developed at UK Met Office.
– The validation part is to compare the results of both approaches in two 400km² areas above Charles de Gaulle and London Heathrow Airports using satellite and simulation data.
– Ajust an approach to advect the radar data.
– The resolution of the final product will be 1km² each 5 minutes.
– Continue some research works in polarimetric radar.
Teaching : Meteorological Radar : Principle and Application course at ENM (the National School of Meteorology for Météo France).
Reviewing Reviewer for the Jornal of Atmospheric and Oceanic Technology.
May 2013 : Training in Weather forecasting
Title : Concept and methodology for weather forecasting in Météo France.
April 2013 : Visit to the MetOffice (UKMO) in Exeter, United Kingdom
Title : Collaboration and study on the development of a 3D high resolution reflectivity field.
October 2010 - March 2013 : Post Doc at Météo France, RYTHMME Project (Risques HYdrométéorologiques en Territoires de Montagnes et MEditerranéens).
Tasks : – Research in hydrometeor classification of different bandwidths in the Météo France radar network (X, C and S).
– Development of a new approach for the hydrometeor classification.
– Modelling and simulation of the radar reflectivity and the polarimetric parameters using the T-Matrix algorithm.
– Detection and distinction the different types of Hail.
– Intercomparison between radars data for microphysics studies and validation.
– Devolopment of an approach of hydrometeor classification mosaïcking.
– Development of a 3D temperature scheme from AROME data.
Teaching : Meteorological Radar : Principle and Application course in ENM (the National School of Meteorology for Météo France).
October and November 2012 : Radar Seminars
Title : Seminar on Meteorological Radar at four Lebanese universities :
– Lebanese University, Faculty of Engineering, Branch III, Beirut.
– American University of Beirut (AUB), Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, FEA.
– The Doctorate School of Science and Technology (EDST), AZM center for Research in Biotechnology and its Applications, Tripoly.
– Université Libano Française, Tripoly.
September 2012 : Visit to the University of Helsinki, Finland and The FMI (Finnish Meteorological Institute)
Title : Collaboration and study on snow using polarimetric radars.
October 2009 - September 2010 : Temporal Teaching and Research post at University of Pierre and Marie Curie (Paris VI), Electronic Section.
Teaching : Analog Electronics (level Master 1, L2 and L3), Numerical Methods (level Master 1),
(Finite Elements), Electrical Machines and Electromagnetism (level L2) where I prepared the course.
Research : Application of CURIE radar to detect the atmospheric turbulences.
October 2006 – December 2009 : PhD student at LATMOS-IPSL (CNRS) laboratory, Vélizy, France.
Title : Contribution to the study of boundary layer under clear sky and precipitation from the X-band radar, CURIE (Urban Canopy Radar for the Study of Interactions and Exchanges).
October 2006 – June 2009 : Instructor at the IUT of Vélizy
Department : N & T (Network and Telecommunication)
Teaching : Math and Programming (CC++ and Matlab).
February 2006 – September 2006 : Masters Training / Final year project
Title : Verification of the positioning integrity data using multi-sensor.
Laboratory : HEUDIASYC (HEUristique et DIAgnostic des SYstèmes Complexes) UMR CNRS 6599 of UTC (University of Technology of Compiegne).
July 2005 – September 2005 : Training of the 2nd Engineering year
Title : Study of fixed network server traffic "Ericsson Server".
Company : Ogero, Lebanon
July 2004 – September 2004 : Training of the 1st Engineering year
Title : Maintenance and Audit.
Company : South For Construction, Liban.
– Radar (Polarimetric and Doppler), Lidar, Sodar and Meteorology.
– Mathematics : Algebra, Analysis, Statistics.
– Weather forecasting.
– Theory and Processing of signal and images, data analysis.
– Electronic : analogue, digital, biomedical electronics, DSP, FPGA.
– Programming language :
– C, C++, Python, R : Advanced (5 years).
– Visual Basic, VHDL : Beginner (a couple of months).
– Matlab, Scilab : Expert (8 years).
– Operating Systems :
– Windows : Expert (+10years).
– Linux : Advanced (5 years). Mac : Intermediar (3 years).
– Scripts : Intermediar (3 years).
– Telecommunications : analog and digital.
– Networks : Network Architecture and Interconnection, TCP/IP, Unicast and Multicast routing, Quality of Service, Network Security, Mobile Networks,Wireless Networks.
– Electricity, Electromagnetism, Electric Machines, Electro-technics.
– Automatic : Linear, Non-Linear, and Numeric.
– Windows Pack Office : Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
2006 - 2009 DOCTORATE FROM UNIVERSITÉ DE VERSAILLES SAINT QUENTIN EN YVELINES
Specialty : Atmospheric Physics, Meteorology, Radar, Signal Processing and Data Analysis.
LATMOS UMR CNRS 8190 - Université de Saint Quentin en Yvlines (UVSQ) - France.
2005-2006 RESEARCH MASTER IN INFORMATION AND SYSTEM TECHNOLOGY
Université de Technologie de Compiègne (UTC)- France.
2001-2006 ENGINEERING DIPLOMA IN TELECOMMUNICATION AND COMPUTERS
Lebanese University, Faculty of Engineering III, Lebanon.
2005 MCSE (MICROSOFT CERTIFIED SYSTEM ENGINEERING) COURSES. ACT INSTITUTE
ACT Institute, Gobeiry, Lebanon.
Arabic Mother Tongue
M. Frédéric Barbaresco Senior Scientist & Advanced Studies Manager at THALES AIR SYSTEMS
email : frederic.barbaresco(at)thalesgroup.com
M. Pierre Tabary Météo France, 42 Avenue Coriolis, 31057 Toulouse France
email : email@example.com
M. Jacques Parent du Châtelet Météo-France. LATMOS,11 Boulevard d’Alembert, 78280 Guyancourt CEDEX France.
email : Jacques.Parent-du-Chatelet(at)latmos.ipsl.fr
M. Stephen Frasier Microwave Remote Sensing Laboratory ; Dept. Electrical& Computer Engineering.
University of Massachusetts Amherst, MA 01003 USA
email : frasier(at)ecs.umass.edu
ACTIVITES EXTRA PROFESSIONALS
Sport Ping-Pong, Volleyball, Bike.
Leisure Cooking, Reading, Taste for travel, Cinema.
Other Former member of the Lebanese Red Cross (5 years as a volunteer).
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.