A full-time position where I can apply and extend my technical knowledge and develop professionally
Research Assistant May 2013 – Present
Space Flight Laboratory, Toronto, Ontario
· Structural and thermal subsystems lead for a microsatellite from concept to launch
· Designed the structure for a microsatellite and performed stress and modal analysis to ensure its survival during launch. Integrated satellite in class 10,000 clean room
· Analyzed the thermal environment for the satellite across all potential orbits and implemented thermal control methods, both passive and active, to ensure that all component temperature limits were respected during the lifecycle of the mission
· Designed the structure and adjustment mechanisms required for the missions optical payload. Performed modal, stress and thermal analyses and drafted drawings with detailed GD&T
Consultant January – May 2013
Boer Consulting, Newmarket, Ontario
· Analyzed and optimized automated cycles for automotive manufacturing
· Performed time and motion studies, determined areas in need of improvement and made recommendations
Metallurgical Furnace Group Engineering Intern May – September 2012
Hatch, Mississauga, Ontario
· Researched fluidic control methods with the intent of restricting flow through a burner throat
· Investigated dominant method of heat transfer to material upon entering a flash furnace
Master of Applied Science, Aerospace Science (3.82 GPA) Spring 2013 – Summer 2015
University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies, Space Flight Laboratory
· Thesis topic: Structural and thermal control subsystems from concept to flight for an Earth observation microsatellite
· Coursework consisted of microsatellite design, composite material analysis, state estimation, autonomous robotics and combustion dynamics
Bachelor of Engineering with Honours, Mechanical Engineering (3.54 GPA) Fall 2009 –Spring 2013
· Achieved Dean’s list and graduated with distinction (>3.5 cumulative GPA)
· Awarded Robert K. Baxter Memorial Award for excellence in thermofluids by achieving the highest combined average in fluid mechanics and heat transfer in my year
· Skilled in a variety of CAD software (AutoCAD, Solid Works, Solid Edge, NX)
· Experienced using FEA packages (ANSYS, NX) for structural and thermal modeling and analysis
· Fluent coding in C, MATLAB and Simulink and using entire Microsoft Office suite
· Able to prepare drawings for parts which require geometric dimensions and tolerances
· Competed basic machinist training (mill, lathe, press)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.