Atkins Nedtech B.V. 2012 – Present Hoofddorp, Netherlands
Airbus A380 flap track fairing vibration project:
· Performed stress calculation and subsequent fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of several metallic movable structures. Ensured the design of different components met the operational requirements of the client, resulting in approval for complete design review stage.
· Developed Perl and VBA/Excel Macro tools for fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of metallic structures. Automated the calculation process, minimizing human errors and resulting in a reduction of about 80% in computation time.
· Developed Python tools for fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of metallic structures, contributing for the implementation of an integrated framework based on Lean methodologies.
· Wrote and validated justification reports for the analysed structures. Ensured all documentation was correct and met the required aerospace quality standards, resulting in successful delivery of the complete work package for the certification of the flap track components.
Fatigue and damage tolerance material investigation:
Secondment in Airbus Operations - Oct. 2013 to Dec. 2013 (Bremen, Germany)
· Performed fatigue and damage tolerance analysis of metallic components with manufacturing defects for the A320/321, A330/340 and A380 programmes. Ensured that calculations were correct and the information was the most up-to-date, resulting in the successful and timely delivery of all documentation for the airworthiness approval of the affected components.
· Provided direct support to the client on the resolution of time-sensitive issues, contributing to strengthen the relationship between the client and the company.
Knowledge Centre WMC 2011 – 2012 Wieringerwerf, Netherlands
Composite materials under extreme conditions project:
· Performed static and fatigue tests up to failure under extreme conditions. Researched about the temperature effects on the behaviour of composites for wind turbine blades, contributing to the expansion of the material OptiDAT database.
· Built an adaptive climate chamber from insulating foam boards, enabling the laboratory with a setup equipped for the execution of mechanical tests under pre-defined environmental conditions.
· Prepared specimens for several test programmes. Ensured the necessary strain gauges were installed and the terminal cables were soldered, contributing to the extraction of reliable test data.
· Operated several hydraulic machines for different static and fatigue tests up to failure on composite materials, contributing for the successful delivery of results to industrial clients.
· Performed static and fatigue tests on composite materials according to several different international standards, increasing the project delivery capability of the laboratory.
Structural health monitoring system for sub-components project:
· Developed a Python tool to predict the speed of ultrasonic waves in composite laminates, ensuring the results matched the predictions obtained with the model created during the MSc thesis.
Delft University of Technology 2011 Delft, Netherlands
· Engineered and installed an experimental system based on the ultrasonic Lamb wave method in order to inspect low-energy impact damage on thin composite plates. Operated the tuned setup, obtaining a valid diagnostic of the induced damages, and successfully verifying the effectiveness of the method.
· Validated the ultrasonic Lamb wave method by comparison with digital Shearography, ultrasonic C-scan and optical microscope observations, revealing strong consistency in the results, and allowing the definition of the detection threshold for the tested material.
· MSc Degree in Aerospace Engineering – Specialization in Aircraft 2009 – 2011
Instituto Superior Técnico
· Erasmus exchange program 2010 – 2011
Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Delft University of Technology
· BSc Degree in Aerospace Engineering 2006 - 2009
Instituto Superior Técnico
Programming: C, MATLAB, Python, Perl and VBA
Modelling and simulation: SolidWorks, ANSYS, Patran, AFGROW, Vallen Dispersion, DATIG and ISAMI
Software: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Power Point) and PicoScope 6
LABORATORY TECHNIQUES AND EQUIPMENT
Ultrasonic Lamb wave method
Digital Shearography (basics)
Several Instron, MTS, Zwick and Schenck hydraulic machines for mechanical testing
Portuguese - Mother tongue
English - Fluent speaking, writing and reading
French - Fair writing and reading, good speaking
Spanish - Fair writing, good reading and speaking
Italian - Fair writing and reading, good speaking
Dutch - Basic writing, fair reading and speaking
Ochôa, Pedro; Infante, Virgínia; Silva, J. M. and Groves, Roger M., “Detection of multiple low-energy impact damage in composite plates using Lamb wave techniques”. Proceedings XIII Portuguese Conference on Fracture, 2nd and 3rd February 2012, Coimbra, Portugal
Running, cycling, hiking and camping
Playing guitar, military aviation, cinema and reading
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.