Technical Project Manager/Engineer
A highly versatile, enthusiastic, practical and dedicated Project Manager. Strong and dynamic leadership skills developed over a successful military and engineering career encompassing multiple communications, electronic and mechanical disciplines. Recommended for Officer Training in 2012 and undertook 2 months full time leadership and management training in preparation for Sandhurst.
Recent Project management experience as a Hydro-Mechanical Test Engineer for a Rolls Royce subsidiary; merging critical developmental and investigative testing with strong leadership and organisational skills; always providing the customer with the greatest value.
Currently a Technical Project Manager of satellite communications for Oil and Gas industry customers; providing technical proposals, costing, implementation planning and through life support.
I am now looking for a challenging, dynamic and hands-on Project Management/Engineering role to utilise the skills developed during a successful military and engineering career.
Managerial and Leadership
· Management and Leadership in a wide variety of situations throughout 10 year military career including 4 years with a high intensity Special Forces Regiment.
· Project management on a variety of projects and technical trials in military and commercial environments; leading multi-disciplined engineers and technicians covering communications, networking, electrical, electronic, mechanical and hydraulic trades and skills.
· Project Management for international Oil and Gas Industry customers providing networking and communications.
· Delivery of reports and briefs/presentations tailored to stakeholders needs; including capability briefs to foreign military hierarchy and training of first line technicians and Special Forces operators.
· Technical workshop management; operating at high tempo supporting UKSF (C4ISTAR); on foreign and domestic military operations.
· Attained rank of Sergeant and had a recommendation for Officer training at Sandhurst at the end of my army career.
· Current experience of VSAT communications equipment including Comtech Adv VSAT, Skywire and iDirect Networks
· Recent experience in covert communication and surveillance systems used by UKSF and OGDs.
· Maintenance, repair and installation of a wide range of electrical and electronic systems into civilian and military platforms.
· Maintenance, repair and installation on a large network of communications and surveillance (VHF/UHF/IP) systems including mast rigging, VSAT, VHF and TETRA Radios and IP Microwave Radio links.
· Design, build, development of hydro-mechanical test rigs including electronics and instrumentation.
· Current experience in a safety critical industry maintaining documentation to ensure adherence to procedures to maintain traceability and accountability.
Currently managing a project involving deployment of 7 VSAT sites in Asia for a global banking transaction service provider. This has involved sourcing and configuring equipment, writing works packages and sourcing local engineers to complete the install. I am also responsible for ensuring required licensing is in place and ensuring effective communication with the customer is maintained to enable effective delivery of the project.
Whilst working for Rolls Royce I had overall management and control of a high priority fault investigation which required decisive and expedient testing to extremely high degree of accuracy. The fault investigation was in order to establish the reasons for and solution to a vibration issue which had caused a grounding of a fleet of private jets operated by British Airways.
This involved management of multi-disciplined trades and careful stakeholder management to ensure expedient but accurate results were obtained.
During my tenure as surveillance vehicle workshop manager, a new communications system had been developed to replace the existing system. I was required to manage the transition without interrupting or affecting the highly active, operational surveillance unit. This required planning of around 60 complete vehicle refits and testing ready to deploy into active service usually within 48 hrs. This project was in conjunction with reacting to real-time faults to maintain operational effectiveness of the unit.
Before the above transition occurred I had been tasked with installation of a TETRA Radio system to allow continuous communication with emergency services and OGDs during the removal of the incumbent system. This involved management of tradesmen from mechanical, electrical and communications to ensure a high standard of quality and functionality was achieved whilst maintaining operational effectiveness off the surveillance unit.
Oct 2013 – Present – Technical Project Management
Hermes Datacomms International - Shrewsbury, UK
· Project Management for Oil and Gas industry customers; predominantly VSAT WANs with some work on LANs, Microwave and Wi-Fi projects; including technical proposals, costing, deployment, testing, handover and through life support.
· Reaction to network faults in support of Hermes’ international and domestic customers.
· Research and testing of networks prior to deployment.
Apr 2013 – Oct 2013 – Project Test Engineer
Aero Engine Controls (Rolls Royce Group), Birmingham.
· Design, build, support and develop hydro-mechanical test rigs for the development or investigation of engine control systems including HMU/FMUs, pumps, actuators and ECUs.
· Liaison with project stakeholders to define and refine test requirements prior to commencement of build and throughout testing to maintain customer confidence and ensure their requirements are met.
· Production of technical documents with strict adherence to processes and procedures in order to maintain traceability, accountability and ensures continuous improvement of the department and the business; propagating improved value and quality to the customer.
· Delivery of verbal or written briefs to project stakeholders; both internal and external.
· Sourcing of test specific instrumentation and equipment to provide best output for customer.
· Simulated Flight Cycle script adjustments for setting of specific flight conditions.
Jan 2013 – Mar 2013 - BT Openreach, Shrewsbury.
· Repair, maintenance and installation of PSTN network.
May 2009 – Dec 2012 – Communications Systems Engineer (Tech SNCO)
18 UKSF (UK Special Forces) Signal Regiment, Hereford.
Jan 2003 – Oct 2008 – Electronics/Telecommunications Technician (JNCO)
1 Bn Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers, Osnabruck, Germany.
1st Queens Dragoon Guards (Light Aid Detachment), Sennelager, Germany.
I am a member of the National Trust; enjoy hill walking and numerous sports including skiing and football.
I aspire to gain a BEng in Electronics and Communications and progress to CEng within the IET. I have a keen interest in Physics which I would like to formally study in the future.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.