Systems engineer combining laboratory and industrial experience to promote interests in sensor systems for aerospace/defense industries and investigating/developing new ideas involving exploration of outer space/exotic environments, automation and optimization of systems, and innovative technologies.
Proficient in: Project Planning & Management, System & Requirements Development, Trade-off Analysis, Verification & Validation, MS Office Suite, MATLAB, P-SPICE, AutoCAD/Solidworks, EAGLECAD, Photoshop/Illustrator, SysML, LaTeX
Familiarity with: Lean/6 Sigma Principles, C,C++ & Java Programming, Embedded Systems, Microelectronics & Electronics Packaging, Macroprocessing & Microfabrication, Class 1000 Clean Rooms, Energy Management, Materials Science, ANSYS FEA, CADENCE EDA, MySQL, MiniTab, IBM DOORS, ISO 9000 family
Languages: Basic Spanish, French, German
Certifications: Scanning Electron Microscope Training, Confined Space Entry, CPR & First Aid
University of Maryland
College Park, MD
GPA 3.59/4.0 May 2014
M.S., Systems Engineering, Specialization in Robotics
Thesis: Large Area All-Elastomer Tactile Sensors for Robotic Skins
Relevant Graduate Courses:
• Advanced Space Systems Design
• Polymer Engineering
• Mechanics of Electronic Systems
• Solid State Electronics & Physics
• Sensor Systems and Design
• Human Factors for Sys. Eng.
• Systems Req. & Tradeoff Analysis
• Systems Quality Analysis
• System Life Cycle Analysis
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
GPA 3.10/4.0 May 2008
B.S., Chemical Engineering
Advanced Engineering Design, Inc. Contractor for US. General Services Administration
Project Engineer/Manager October 2008 - August 2011
• Created, managed, evaluated and executed FAR-compliant contracts with various roles
• Researched equipment and new technologies to be implemented for steam/energy plant and distribution system
• Utilized ASME, IEEE and other ANSI regulated standards in technical drawing development
• Various roles in projects including: Project Engineer & Manager, Technical Representative, Work Inspector
Stanchion Project ($1.7 M) 2008 - 2011
• Coordinated with contractors on development of structural system
• Reviewed and investigated previous structural blueprints and physical analysis of systems
• Developed additional safety and lifetime extending measures while keeping in budget and standard compliant
Manhole Improvement Project ($300 K) 2010 - 2011
• Investigated and developed electrical and drainage systems for manholes
• Designed upgradable system for future additions and ease of maintenance
Condensate Return Improvement Project ($500 K) 2009 - 2010
• Facilitated program for analyzing and improving condensate return system
• Implemented new division points for improved isolation, maintenance, and functionality of condensate system
• Program increased return efficiency by 40% and will continue to develop further improvements to system
Tunnel Safety Improvement Project ($130 K) 2008 - 2009
• Evaluated tunneling systems for electrical and safety improvements
• Improved airflow, lighting, and accessibility to tunnel and material access points
Environmental Assessment and Remediation Projects (cum. $450 K) 2008 - 2011
• Continued efforts in maintaining OSHA and EPA compliance for areas concerning asbestos removal and remediation, oil removal and spill prevention, groundwater and soil contamination, and general safety protocols
University of Maryland, College Park Institute for Systems Research
College Park, MD
Graduate Research Assistant in Micro Robotics Laboratory October 2012 - June 2014
• Developed, designed and modeled all-elastomer artificial skins for robotics and health-monitoring applications
• Generated test cases and test apparatuses for data collection and evaluation on a minimal budget
• Created working demonstration prototype of artificial skin, funded by NASA Grant #NNX12AM02G
• Utilized programming languages such as C++ and java for embedded system design and Electronic Design Automation software for custom PCB development and production
• Class 1000 clean room experience, microcontroller, PCB and MEMS research
University of Maryland, Baltimore County Dept. of Environmental Engineering
Research Assistant and Investigator June 2008 - October 2008
• Determined toxicity of CNTs upon sedimentary aquatic organisms through EPA 28 day and 42 day toxicity studies
• Aided laboratory experiments in heavy metal removal from sediments
• Researched CNT production methods and modes of delivery into ecosystems
• Developed novel apparatus for stable water delivery for CNT toxicity study
• Investigated toxicity of sediments and remediation solutions to Superfund sites and Chesapeake bay
• Determined CNTs useful in excessive ammonia reduction within sediments
University of Maryland, Baltimore County Dept. of Chem. & Biochem. Engineering
Senior Capstone Project- Algae-based Fuel Production Plant Spring 2008
• Implementation and executed detailed project design of ethanol and biodiesel plant utilizing algae as fuel source
• Analyzed and optimized units of operation including bio-reactors, transportation, heat xfer and separations units
• Created detailed plant layout, plant simulation, and economic analysis for business proposal
Millennium Inorganic Chemicals
Glen Burnie, MD
Internship Summer 2007
• Utilized knowledge of chemical reaction engineering and extensive research to redesign TiO2 Oxidation Pilot Plant
• Investigated issues regarding scaling of processes, performed proper PFD and P&ID detailing in AutoCAD and reviewed proper Alarm and Trip Schedules
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Block, Peter D., and Sarah Bergbreiter. "Large area all-elastomer capacitive tactile arrays." Sensors, 2013 IEEE. IEEE, 2013.
Speaker, “Large area all-elastomer capacitive tactile arrays,” presented at the IEEE Sensors 2013 Conference, Nov. 4, 2013 , Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel, Baltimore, Maryland, USA.
Speaker “All Elastomer Tactile Sensors for Robotic Skins”, International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE), Chesapeake Chapter. Feb. 19, 2014 at Applied Physics Laboratory, Johns Hopkins University, Laurel, MD, USA.
Patapsco Heritage Greenway, Inc.
Ellicott City, MD
Volunteer Aide & Stream Captain June 2009 – May 2014
• Aided and instructed participants in proper stream cleanup and trash removal techniques
• Provided training to volunteers for chemical testing in aquatic/estuary environments
National Recycling Coalition
Volunteer August 2008 - October 2009
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
Leadership Positions & Awards
• UMBC Students for Environmental Awareness: VP of Campus Sustainability Fall 2007 - Spring 2008
• Received Volunteer to Implement Best New Project (UMBC Serves Award) Spring 2008
• Residential Assistant Fall 2007 - Spring 2008
• Climate Sustainability and Landscape Committees Fall 2006 - Spring 2008
• Student Government Association Representative: Environmental Staff Fall 2007 - Spring 2008
• Received Bin it! Grant (NRC/Coca-Cola Recycling Bin Grant) $4800 Fall 2007
• American Institute for Chemical Engineers 2009 - Present
• American Chemistry Society 2011 - Present
• American Association for the Advancement of Science 2013 - Present
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.