- PhD in Microelectronics - GNSS algorithm’s design specialist - Signal processing expert
- Wireless networks security master - Willing to travel and relocate - Fluent in English.
2008-Ongoing, Electronics and Signal Processing Laboratory (ESPLAB), EPFL
Research Assistant at the Institute of Microengineering, ESPLAB, EPFL
Working on advanced GNSS algorithm’s concepts and their software implementations and on various projects in the area of communication networks and security for wireless networks.
- ESA ADAPT (2013), Designed adaptive switching tracking techniques robust to multipath, jamming and interference, and feasibility study for the implementation in real GNSS receivers.
- KPOSKIT (2012), Assessed UWB Local Positioning System’s software protocol for integration into small robots to be used for mass-market applications.
- MICS (2012), UWB Local Positioning System’s design. I’ve performed optimization of the number of the transmitters in an UWB system based on the PPM code correlation properties.
- Swisscom (2011) Track and Trace project for flight mode detection. Designed algorithm for vehicle movement detection based on inertial sensors measurements and GSM protocol in order to automatically switch-off the GSM module for post packages inside the airplane (patent pending).
-GAMMA-A(2008-2011) European FP7 project. Development of a three-frequency GALILEO/GPS satellite navigation receiver concept for automotive applications. I designed advanced two-step tracking algorithm for Galileo E1 and E5 signals tracking that is implemented in a GAMMA-A receiver.
- Additional activities:
- Involvement in preparing and writing project proposals submitted to the European Space Agency.
- Supervising and advising EPFL students working on internship, master and semester projects.
- Teacher Assistant for the Advanced Satellite Positioning course at EPFL EDMI doctoral school.
- 12 conference publications, 4 journal papers, 2 patents. Speaker in 7 international conferences.
2007-2008, Laboratory for Communications and Computer Applications (LCA1), EPFL
- Internship project: Secure Localization of GNSS devices. Developed methods to secure position and time of GNSS receiver (this work resulted in patent with patent issue number: US8159391)
2004-2005, Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Nis, Serbia
- Working on the projects ”Wireless Systems with Broadband Access” and ”Neural Network Modeling of wireless communications links” for building accurate prediction models for wireless links.
- Work in organization of scientific Conferences IEEE Telsiks and ICEST, 2004 and 2005.
2004, April-October, IT Company Pogled, Nis, Serbia
Summer research project, Working on a project about point-to-point and point-to-multipoint broadband wireless links design based on IEEE 802.16 standard (WiMAX).
2008-2013 Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), ESPLAB
- PhD in Microsystems and Microelectronics (ESPLAB), Doctoral thesis topic: ”Advanced Tracking Algorithm Designs for New Galileo Signals and Security Protection and Mitigation”, These EPFL No: 5990. Advisor(s): Cyril Botteron, Pierre-Andre Farine.
2005-2007 Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Lausanne (EPFL), LTS4
- MSc in Communication Systems, Master thesis topic: ”Video Streaming in multipath wireless and peer-to-peer networks” - Advisor: Prof. Frossard Pascal, LTS4, EPFL.
1998-2004 Faculty of Electronic Engineering, Department of Telecommunications
- Engineer in Electrical Engineering for Telecommunications, Mean grade: (9.61/10)
- Graduation paper: ”Broadband Wireless Access Systems based on IEEE 802.16 Standard”
Honors and Awards:
• 2005 EPFL Master Studies excellency scholarship
• 2005 Institute of International Education (IIE) award for superior academic results
• 2004 Award for best diploma work in 2004 - ”Broadband Wireless Access Systems based on IEEE 802.16 Standard”
• 2002 Serbian Ministry of Science scholarship for young talents
• 2001 Norway Government Award for exceptional talents
• 2000 Diploma for best students for I year of studying
• 1999 Diploma for best students for II year of studying
• 1998 Honor Diploma for exceptional success in high school (5/5)
- GNSS: My expertise covers the main aspects of GNSS receivers: advanced receiver design strategies: acquisition and tracking algorithms, multipath mitigation, PVT algorithms, software receiver (SDR) concept, design of security protection and mitigation algorithms against interference, jamming and spoofing, work with GPS and Galileo signals (BPSK, BOC(1,1),MBOC, AltBOC, BOC(15,2.5)).
- Network protocols: LANs, WANs, GSM/GPRS, DNS, Ethernet, DHCP, Linux Fedora Core.
- Signal processing: I have good knowledge in various signal processing algorithms and methods, such as adaptive signal processing, spectral analysis, estimation theory, digital filtering (Kalman filtering), digital image processing, distributed signal processing, media network streaming.
- Wireless Networks: Wireless networks protocols design and modeling (LTE, UMTS, 802.11).
- Management: Attended several trainings in supply chain and industrial management strategies.
Programming Languages: Fortran, MS Visual C++, C/C++, Unix shell scripts, Python.
Mathematical languages: Matlab, Mathematica, LabView.
Networking: TCP/IP network protocols, ns2, Wireless network design, security protocols.
Applications: Window server, Microsoft Office, Latex, Adobe Photoshop, Internet Applications.
Social and Personal Skills
• NGO work: member of Bosporus International, participant of various NGO seminars.
• Volunteer at the ATC (Anti-Trafficking Center) program on EXIT festival (2004 and 2005).
• Team spirit, self-motivated and eager to learn new things, willing to travel and relocate.
• Analytical, effective in planning and executing projects, motivated to new challenges.
Language skills English
Fluent - Reading, writing and verbal skills TOEFL Institutional Test - 603
(Listening Comprehension 58, Structure and Written Expression 61, Reading Comprehension 62)
Good - Reading, writing and verbal Skills, B2 Level on the European Language Council classification
Basic - Reading, writing and verbal Skills, A2 Level on the European Language Council classification
Personal Info Date of birth: 16/04/1979, Male, Single, Permit B, Nationality: Serbian.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.