Active SECRET Security Clearance
SATELLITE COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING/MANAGEMENT
Solutions-orientated Satellite Communication maintenance and operations lead with over 15 years of experience developing complex satellite infrastructures for industry leaders. Strong project management skills, with proven ability to direct large-scale projects and deliver critical project milestones on time while exceeding expectations. Hands-on Engineering Manager with an Active Secret Security Clearance. Skilled in providing effective leadership in fast-paced, mission critical environments. Able to lead and motivate teams. Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
Bowie State University, City, State: 2005
Master of Public Administration (M.P.A)
University of Wyoming, Laramie, WY: 1997
Bachelor of Arts – Administration of Justice and Sociology
Rome Research Corporation * Landstuhl, Germany * 2004 - Present
Satellite Communication Lead Technician and Maintenance Supervisor
- Responsible for managing the overall facility Operations and Maintenance areas including circuit actions, satellite access planning, preventive and corrective maintenance as well as communications engineering.
- Ensure top productivity by assigning and managing staff to provide Operation and Maintenance augmentation support for DSCS and Teleport Satellite Communications equipment.
- Provide critical circuit actions support and contingency mission planning in support of deployed Warfighters.
- Coordinate Technical Service Order implementations and test each with requestors and DISA Provisioning.
- Provide Subject Matter Expert Analysis to resolve Electro-Magnetic Interference.
- Create numerous engineering solutions to facilitate system upgrades and greatly improve system efficiency.
- Implement policies in accordance with Concepts of Operations, Joint Integrated Support Plans, Strategic Directives and DISA Circulars.
- Developed, trained and supervised a team of engineers focused on productivity and teamwork
- Augment SATCOM training of assigned Government personnel in the maintenance and operations of the Landstuhl DSCS Media Gateway Facility.
- Conduct system acceptance testing resulting in the commissioning of the Teleport, KA-STARS, and Regional Hub Node Systems.
- Manage all operations and maintenance functions with the commercial Teleport, DKET terminals, and Digital Video Broadcast Return Channel Satellite System.
- Create and document Standard Operating Procedures for the Operation and Maintenance of Teleport and DKET.
- Employ Spectrum Analyzers, Scalar Network Analyzers, Power Meters, Oscilloscopes, and Multi-meters to isolate and repair faulty Communications Equipment.
Data Path * Mannheim Germany * 2004
Satellite Facility Manager - OPMAS-E contract
- Operated and maintained C-Band Satellite Communications equipment associated with OPMAS-E contract in support of Balkan missions.
- Operated and configured DMD-10 modems, RSC-10 switch, SFC-42 Down Converter, SFC-6400 Up Converter, ARMA-C500 Solid State Power Amplifier, Model 70V Antenna Control Unit, and TimePlex ATM cell exchange configurations.
- Operated and configured PROMINA node using a level 2 access.
- Utilized TMDE to troubleshoot equipment, circuits, and links in accordance with local operating procedures.
- Performed crypto-updates and OTARS in accordance with established standards and COMSEC handling procedures.
- Utilized Remedy trouble ticket reporting to track and report outages and HAZCON.
US Army * DSCS Station Landsthul, Germany * 1999 - 2004
Satellite Maintainer Operator
- Operated and maintained a Defense Satellite Communications Systems Station (DSCS) equipment and its related subsystems, utilizing a variety of TMDE and hand tools located in a Defense Satellite Communication Station.
- Operated, configured, characterized and maintained electronic equipment and its associated mechanical components, and related equipment to include: analog to digital converters, IDNX, multiplexers and de-multiplexers, spread spectrum modems, modulators and demodulators, fiber optic modems to include ATM, up/down frequency converters, transmitters, high voltage power supplies, wave guide combiners and splitters, cesium beam frequency standard timing oscillators, precise timing distribution systems, COMSEC devices, handling for and proper use of COMSEC key mat, antenna systems with servo-motors.
- Responded to trouble calls and electronic alarm systems by creating trouble ticket reports.
- Troubleshot complex electronic systems by interpreting technical data.
- Repaired and replaced electronic or mechanical components required to return equipment to an operational state.
- Completed preventative maintenance as scheduled while revising procedures and inspecting equipment for shortcomings.
- Submitted documentation for modification and redesign of electronic equipment.
- Ensured technical documentation was accurate up to the latest fielded changes.
- Conducted day to day site operations, performing operational and quality control tests on circuits, systems, and trunks in accordance with established standards.
- Provided service and responded to operational direction from the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Network Control Elements.
- Prepared routine, periodic and demand reports reflecting system activations, changes and deactivations.
- Windows XP/Vista/7
- Heavy Terminals, VSAT, Antenna Control Units, Servo-Control Units, High Power Amplifiers, Low Noise Amplifiers, Up and Downconverters, FDMA and TDMA Modems, .
- Scalar Network Analyzer, Signal Generators, Power Meters, Spectrum Analyzers, Oscilloscopes, Multi-meters, Digital and Layer 3 Fireberd Test Sets.
- LAN/WAN, T1, Fiber OC, Sonet, ATM, TCP/IP, routing and stitches, routers, hubs.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Maxview, ILC, Promina, Linkway, i-Direct, Teleport Monitor and Control.
- Regional Hube Node Linkway 9.2 Firmware Upgrade Course 10/2013
- Regional Hub Node KA-Band Upgrade Course 7/2011
- IT Networking and Cisco Routing Course 10/2010
- Joint Communications System Element Defense Information System Network Tactical Edge Course 1/2009
- i-Direct Installation Operation and Maintenance Course 8/2008
- Teleport Generation II Systems Training Course 10/2008
- Linkway IP Modem: 40 Hours 06/2007
- L-Band Inter-Facility Link Course 06/2007
- Teleport C/Ku L-Band Upgrade Operator and Maintainer Course 5/2007
- Teleport Monitor and Control System Administrator Course 12/2005
- Red Cross CPR Instructor Course 11/2005. Active Authorized Provider
- VIASAT Limited Motion Antenna Control Course 9/2005
- AN/FSC78C Modernization Course 8/2005
- Conoga Perkins UCS 1000&2370 Fiber Optic Modem Course 06/2005
- Teleport C and Ku-Band Maintainer and Operator Course 11/2004
- SATCOM Systems Operator/ Maintainer United States Army Signal Center, Fort Gordon, GA, Credit Hours: 1320 Quarter Hours, 03/1998.
- Certificate in Public Management Bowie State University 05/2005
- CompTIA Security + Dec 6, 2011
- Army Accommodation Medal, Army Achievement Medal, Good Conduct Medal
References: Available Upon Request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.