Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer and Spin Forming Expert
11/2012 – Present
Senior Process Engineer—Spin Forming
Space Exploration Technologies (SpaceX), Hawthorne, California, USA
- Create new processes that cut cycle time by using Lean Manufacturing tools such as swim lane charts, work balance boards, and string diagrams
- Simplify production processes and reduce Hours Per Vehicle
- Develop in-process testing for Production, to validate output of production processes
- Create accurate process documentation, Process Master planning, procedures, specifications, ergonomic assessments, hazardous material evaluations, layouts, etc.
- Responsible for development, design, and procurement of new equipment and technologies
- Cross-functional coordination between engineering and production disciplines to refine build and test sequences
- Develop and execute a strategy to remove a hold when a material delivery, non-conformance or other issue halts production
- Develop unique rework activities in the event of failure and coordinate with design engineering in order to implement, write, and approve dispositions
- Support line trials for engineering changes through existing processes
- Ensure Engineering Change Orders are properly and effectively completed on flight hardware
- Influence design engineering with regard to DFM and Test
- Interact with shop personnel (Technician/Build Engineer/Responsible Engineer/Production Specialist) to ensure work instructions are accurate and comprehensible
- Support and implement solutions for safety/environmental/ergonomic related incidents
- Identify all critical maintenance schedules/components for new machinery to ensure a robust Preventative Maintenance Plan with Maintenance
- Create business evaluations for ‘make versus buy’ investment decisions
02/2004 – 09/2012
Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Spincraft, North Billerica, Massachusetts, USA
- Provided accuracy in forecasting deadlines and milestones for cognizant projects
- Developed drawings, process plans, tools, and fixtures as required for projects
- Discovered, developed, and utilized OV services as required for new product development
- Identified constraints and seek resources to eliminate bottlenecks
- Identified risk and flow up to direct supervisor
- Assured that assigned tasks were consistent with customer requirements
- Participated in project status meetings and manufacturing readiness meetings
- Created presentations for current customers on state of their parts
- Practiced budget consciousness to minimize expenses
- Utilized experience with Lean Manufacturing principles and Six Sigma techniques
09/2001 – 02/2004
Spincraft, North Billerica, Massachusetts, USA
- Responsible for validating job contract for specification of flow-downs and ensuring their incorporation into job travelers
- Developed inspection procedures and provided reports for various manufacturing projects
- Reviewed inspection data before releasing it to the customer
- Performed statistical analysis on inspection data utilizing CpK, DPU, FTTF, and other relevant calculations to ensure product quality through all manufacturing processes
- Responsible for the evaluation of product non-conformances for root cause, implementation of corrective and preventative actions, and providing effectiveness audits to ensure implementation into the manufacturing process
01/2001 – 07/2001
BOC Edwards, Wilmington, Massachusetts, USA
- Responsible for the oversight and coordination of all site instrumentation calibration
- Responsible for the tracking and implementation of corrective actions on oncoming non-conforming materials
- Ensured that site maintained ISO 9001 certification through departmental audits of documentation and adherence to procedures
- Collected and presented data for tracking manufacturing performance including First Time To Failure, Defects Per Unit, and First Time Yield Rate
09/1998 – 12/2000
Co-op Research & Development Engineering Assistant
ACT Medical, Newton, Massachusetts, USA
- Designed, fabricated, and assembled test fixtures used in the evaluation of components for medical devices
- Key team member chartered to build a prototype by collecting, analyzing, and presenting data from tests involving mechanical properties (i.e. tensile testing, flow testing, pressure testing on polymers, alloys and rubbers used in the medical device industry)
- Provided clear documentation of the above processes such that a procedural standard could be followed for subsequent testing
- Maintained appropriate records of all activities and data during experiments
Master Certificate Program (Distance)
Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Manufacturing, and Six Sigma Green Belt
Villanova University, Villanova, Pennsylvania, USA
1996 – 1999
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Wentworth Institute of Technology, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Design new spin forming mandrel
– Decreased rework rate from 66% to 4%
Streamline spin forming process
– Bring outsourced heat treat process in-house; ROI: 1.2M/year
– Through process improvements (lean manufacturing practices, tool design, kaizen events, and 5S implementation), decreased takt from 30 days to 12 days for lot production of 6 parts
– Eliminated inspection dependency (downtime/cycle time) from an outside resource by procuring an inspection system and cross training spin form technicians on its use, ROI: 121K per year
Develop new spin form process using small blanks
– Increase supplier base from 1 to 6
– Decrease price per pound from $12 to $5/lb.
– Material cost savings per year: 1.5M
– Process man hours savings per year: 140K
Run PFMEA’s on Critical Processes
– Two PFMEA’s completed in a 6 month time frame
– Defined and reduced to acceptable levels, several process steps where RPN (Risk Priority Number) was >500
English: Mother tongue German: A1 (Listening, reading, spoken interaction, spoken production)
IT - competences & certificates:
Siemens NX: Intermediate +400 seat hours
Siemens Teamcenter: Intermediate
MS Excel: High
MS Word: High
MS PowerPoint: High
MS Visio: Intermediate
MS Project: Intermediate
Pro Engineer: High +2500 seat hours (multiple versions)
Process Engineering, Manufacturing, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Design for Manufacturing, Design of Experiments, Minitab, Statistical Analysis, Machining, Engineering, Management, PFMEA, Value Stream Mapping, Project Management, Unigraphics NX, Statistics, Kaizen, Poke Yoke, Sketch Up, ERP Systems, Statistical Process Control, Metal Fabrication, GD&T
Great technical skills gained from writing process work instructions instrumental in the fabrication of parts
- Ensure that information (through multiple channels) is passed on to others who should be informed (i.e. project team members, management, etc.)
- Express myself clearly in conversations, interactions, and presentations
- Express my thoughts clearly in business and technical writing
- Gain support from others for ideas/projects/solutions through sound technical and financial research
- Develop, maintain, and strengthen partnerships with those inside and outside of the organization who can provide information, assistance, or support
- Demonstrate concern for satisfying customers both internal and external to the organization
- Develop and communicate goals in support of production management’s mission
- As a team member, work cooperatively with others on a team
- As a team leader, demonstrate interest, skill, and success in getting groups/individuals to work together
- Demonstrate support for innovation and fostering change
- Take responsibility for my or the technicians performance by setting clear goals and expectations,tracking progress against the goals, ensuring feedback, and addressing performance problems and issues promptly
- Identify the information needed to clarify a situation, seek that information from appropriate resources, and use skillful questioning to draw out information when others are reluctant to share
- Tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge and skill in a technical area
- Identify what needs to be done and do it before being asked or before the situation requires it
- Develop, sponsor, or support the introduction of new and improved methods, products, procedures, or technologies
- Focus on the desired result of mine or my teams work, setting challenging goals, focusing effort on the goals, and meeting or exceeding them
- Make difficult decisions in a timely manner
- Keep functioning effectively when under pressure and maintain self-control in the face of hostility or provocation
Hobbies: Hiking, mountain biking, snowboarding, CrossFit, traveling
References available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.