AVAILABLE: 8 SEPTEMBER 2014
SECURITY CLEARANCE: TS/SCI with SSBI and CI Scope Polygraph
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Atmospheric/Space Weather, Operations Support, and Space Launch Operations Subject Matter Expert
• Leadership Experience
• Intelligence Operations
• Seasoned Professional
• Personnel Management
• Operations Management
• Resource Protection & Prioritization
• Strategic Level Planning Experience
• Complex Problem Solver
• Tactical & Combat Operations
• Experienced Trainer & Evaluator
• Critical Operation Support
UNITED STATES AIR FORCE – Various Locations
Branch Manager, Space Envir. & Operations Support / Mission Director – Aurora, CO, 2011-Present
Branch Manager, Space Environment: Integrates current and forecast atmospheric and space weather into operations and training for National Reconnaissance Office missions, facilities, and personnel.
• Analyze space environmental data and evaluate phenomena for vulnerabilities and threats to $15 billion in national reconnaissance satellites and correlate impacts to mission sustainment.
• Create procedures and direct processes to fuse terrestrial and solar weather effects and intelligence information to support national policy makers and deployed war-fighters.
• Provide terrestrial and space weather information, watches, warnings, alerts, and advisories to leadership and operations personnel to enhance resource protection and health and safety.
• Observe, analyze, and interpret satellite, model, and ground-based particle, magnetic, and electromagnetic data to develop specific and focused terrestrial and space weather forecasts that highlight impacts to leaders and operators to facilitate effective mitigation actions.
• Research space environmental data and evaluate energetic particle and geomagnetic activity events that facilitate development of forecast techniques to improve accuracy.
• Manage team, brief staff, and provide training, direction, and focus to enhance execution and ensure efficient use of geophysical and atmospheric data for intelligence operations.
Mission Director, Instructor & Evaluator: Leads 175-member multi-agency and multi-service operation crew providing mission support to national leaders, Combatant Commanders, and warfighters worldwide.
• Oversees health and safety of 3,900 personnel, equipment, security, and $18 billion in assets.
• Monitor space and terrestrial environment forecasts; evaluate and oversee operational response for solar weather alerts and warnings to enable effective mitigation response for national assets.
• Ensures critical mission system availability to conduct operations and directs and prioritizes 24/7 Echelon 1/Echelon 2 system support.
• Supervises ground system operational readiness, directs alternate operating procedures, and ensures performance to meet scheduled mission operations.
• Initial lead for all emergency situations as the Crisis Response Team Leader. Decreases response time, ensures personnel accountability, and provides transition to back-up operations.
• Communicates with national intelligence agencies on critical system outages, provides mitigation actions, and impacts to scheduled tasks.
Branch Manager, Operations Support: Oversees multi-agency mission operations support and drives collaboration for key interfaces and infrastructure facilitating continuous intelligence operations.
• Oversees personnel and system changes for 17 work sections, improves mission sustainment, and reduces impacts to the ground system’s operational base-line.
• Ensures operational configuration management; plans and oversees critical system power distribution, ensures redundancy is operationally configured, and links power to mission support.
• Lead exercise support for a 60-member Division. Ensure strategic and operational requirements are met and infuse space and terrestrial weather requirements into training objectives to improve job qualification standards.
• Manages training program for nine mission certified positions; analyzes and evaluates requirements; ensures training on new operational systems for key operations support personnel.
Manager, Satellite Operations – Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI, 2010-2011
• Led 9-person satellite operations team in executing the Pacific Air Force Commander’s daily tropical cyclone reconnaissance executive agency duties.
• Provided tropical cyclone position and intensity estimates enabling Joint Typhoon Warning Center to advise, alert, and warn on 90% of tropical cyclones world-wide.
• Oversaw system readiness, communicated with multiple satellite data providers during outages, and ensured critical information availability for system operations.
• Developed alternate operating techniques and leveraged research studies to improve satellite based tropical cyclone position and intensity analysis.
Operations Branch Manager – Joint Base Pearl Harbor-Hickam, HI, 2008-2010
• Led a 53-member operations team supporting 59 Department of Defense (DOD) installations 24/7 and provided weather data to safeguard $80 billion in assets across the US Pacific Command.
• Led production, as Lead Forecaster, of meteorological products in support of local and regional operations. Analyzed and interpreted space, radar, model, and ground-based data to develop forecasts, watches, warnings, advisories, and aviation and high altitude hazard forecasts.
• Coordinated steady-state and contingency requirements integral in shaping effective operational plans and procedures. Managed the synchronized execution for regional weather operations.
• Supervised weather operations readiness, training and evaluation, and mission execution; organized team to ensure functional oversight and Airmen development.
Section Manager, Launch Operations/Instructor & Evaluator – Vandenberg AFB, CA, 2004-2007
• Launch Operations Manager and Launch Weather Officer, Instructor and Evaluator. Directly supported 24 diverse DOD and commercial space lift and ballistic missile launches on the Western Range. Implemented life-cycle terrestrial and space weather support for eight space lift and three missile launch programs covering generation, execution, and recovery operations.
• Optimized accuracy and use of 272 weather sensors to include wind profilers and towers, radar, and surface observing systems to provide critical test and launch operations oversight.
• Managed complex program specific launch weather requirements; tracked 17 unique programs and ensured accuracy of all operations directives and operations requirement documents.
• Trained and evaluated mission ready weather crews; 100% success on 400+ support requests.
• Coordinated weather operations for ground-to-space optical turbulence test to determine and characterize atmospheric affects; captured critical data for airborne laser program.
• Provided critical weather services to support launch complex hazardous material operations. Analyzed/evaluated environmental data; supported range personnel w/ toxic dispersion forecasts.
• Led 15-person teams during high operations tempo; made on-console “Go/No-Go” launch calls; 100% success rate on 5 launches in 71 days and employed $788 million in operational assets.
• Developed a 3-day forecast integrating daily range operations and weather over a 99,099 acre range. Provided operational impacts; increased resource protection for $3.8 billion in assets.
• Conducted a space weather watch; monitored and evaluated proton and electron particle measurements, determined impacts to launch operations, and advised launch program leaders.
Additional United States Air Force Professional Experience --- detail available upon request
Masters of Aeronautical Science, with Space Studies Specialization, with Distinction – Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, (April 2009)
Bachelor of Science, Geoscience/Operational Meteorology – Mississippi State University, (Dec 2001)
Professional Training and Awards – Certified Denver Mission Director, Certified Launch Weather Officer, Operational Meteorology Certificate, Mississippi State University, and numerous training courses
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.