Space Systems and Propulsion Engineer
Professional Experience and Related Skills
08/2013 - 01/2015 Launch Operations Engineer, CNES – Guiana Space Center, Kourou
· Operational and technical support to launch campaign managers
Follow-up and management of launch campaign issues
· Follow-up of the spaceport technical set-up
Technical and operational support, needs identification, coordination, participation to specific workgroups and support to the evolution of operational documentation
· Member of the committee for procedure validation and in charge of its organization
· Instruction writing and modernization/optimization of procedures for the operations department staff
08/2012 - 03/2013 Aerospace research engineer (internship), Département Aero-Thermo-Mechanics Department, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Brussels, Belgium
· CFD and FE analysis of advanced carbon brush seals for bearing chamber application in turbojet engines (ELubSys European project - 7th Framework Program)
Creation of a CFD model in Fluentto analyse the flow through a porous medium– data processing – creation of a FE model in Abaqusand parameterization in Phyton language– Combined fluid dynamic-mechanical analysis
· CFD Analysis for the selection of the air-intake optimal design for a turboshaft engine (ESPOSA European project)
02-06/2010 Aerospace Engineer (internship), MAG s.a.s., Rome, Italy
· Experimental analysis of propeller-fuselage interactions
Production of aerodynamic test patterns, testing in wind tunnel, data processing, analysis, design selection and geometry optimisation at the propeller-fuselage interface
· CFD analysis in Fluent for comparison with experimental results
2013 Master’s degree in Astronautical Engineering - School of Aerospace Engineering, University of Rome 'Sapienza', Rome, Italy
Major in : Aerospace propulsion systems
Main subjects : Fundamentals of aerothermodynamics and combustion, liquid, solid, electrical and nuclear propulsion systems, design of turbopumps, tanks, thrust chambers and nozzles, propellants properties, cooling systems, thermal control, launcher and reentry vehicle flight mechanics.
Thesis : "Numerical Simulations of Brush Seals for Dual Mode Ramjet Engines (DMRJ) for Future Aerospace Applications ’’, final grade : 102/110
2011 Master’s degree in Aeronautical Engineering, Erasmus program, Université Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
2010 Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, University of Rome ‘Sapienza’, Rome, Italy
Thesis : "Experimental study of propeller-fuselage interactions for single-engine planes", final grade : 99/110
MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Project.
Programming in Matlab & Simulink, basics of Fortran
Ansys, Fluent and Abaqus.
Interests & Hobbies
Space propulsion: Chemical, electric, nuclear.
Travelling, horse-riding, painting, reading, guitar.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.