EXECUTIVE MANAGEMENT: Information Technology, IT Operations, Network Engineering, IT Architecture
Vice President ~ Senior Director ~ Executive Director ~ Sr. Vice President ~ Senior Architect
Exceptional record of success directing IT operations and engineering, including network infrastructure, telecom, and project management functions for both startup and established businesses. Proven ability to reduce expenses while streamlining workflow and improving systems performance. Excel at formulating technology solutions to support business goals. Adept at building and leading top-performing teams. Multiple certifications, including PMP, CISSP, ITILv3, and Six Sigma Green Belt. Excellent problem solving skills.
Strategic Planning ~ Budget & Cost Control ~ Change Management ~ Program/Project Management ~ Service Continuity
Datacenter Design & Management ~ Unified Communications ~ Technical Training ~ Process Improvement ~ Reporting
Virtualization & Automation ~ Relationship Management ~ Risk Management ~ Information Security ~ Contract Negotiations
Capacity Planning ~ Vendor Relations ~ ITIL Service Management ~ SDLC Management ~ Incident Management
BTEC Services, LLC, Charles Town, WV June 2014 - Present
Information Technologies and Telecommunications consulting
Principal Consultant/Solutions Architect
Specializing in Strategic Planning, Program/Project Management, Network and Systems Engineering and Operations, Data Center Design and Management, Technical Training, Process Improvement, Information Security, Virtualization and Automation, ITIL/eTOM Service Management, SDLC lifecycle management.
· Lead Telecommunications and Data Center Design consultant for company deploying the world’s 1st Hybrid Global All-IP backbone comprised of a fully integrated satellite-terrestrial network, servicing high bandwidth and next-generation service needs of carriers, enterprises, and government agencies around the world.
O3B NETWORKS LIMITED, Bristow, VA 2012 – June 2014
Global satellite service provider delivering broadband connectivity to emerging countries.
Director, Network Operations Engineering
Oversees Network Operations Engineering team. Responsible for performance and availability of O3b Ground Segment network for IP and RF infrastructure, including global IP inter-site WAN network, satellite ground systems monitoring and control, data gateways, and Improved quality and efficiency by implementing best practices, ITIL standards, and Enhanced Telecom Operations Model (eTOM) practices for service management.
· Service Design Management
o Service catalog, Service Level, Availability, Capacity, Service Continuity, Security and supplier management
· Service Transition
o Change, Asset, Configuration, Release and Deployment and Knowledge Management
o Service evaluation, validation and testing
· Service Operation
o Event, incident, problem, access management
o Request fulfillment
· Continual service improvement
o Service improvement and reporting
Director, Network Operations
The Director Network Operations has overall responsibility for the availability and performance of the currently base-lined O3b Ground Segment network including the inter-site network. The Director Network Operations performs the following functions:
· Built complete Global Operations Group from ground up and designed service management architecture.
· Created policies, procedures, strategic and technology plans, and concept of operations for Startup Company.
· Manages overall operational network changes, contingency functions, forecasting, budgeting, reporting, issue investigation and resolution, supplier and maintenance agreements and services, and employee training. Establish global vendor relations and global network support plans, authorization of contingency procedures (i.e. site switch, outage incident, etc.);
ICO GLOBAL COMMUNICATIONS, Reston, VA 2007 – 2012
Developer of advanced hybrid communications system combining satellite and terrestrial capabilities.
Director, Network Systems, IT, Operations, & Engineering / Senior Network Architect
Managed Network Operations, Field Services, and Network Systems Engineering. Administered budgets. Oversaw design, development, implementation, and operation of wired and wireless components, systems, and software. Directed procurement of hardware and software. Developed strategies and led optimization efforts. Supervised employees and contractors.
· Planned and managed comprehensive IT modernization program for $1.4B enterprise.
· Facilitated business expansion by designing and deploying voice, video, and data equipment, switches, routers, and other hardware for internet and mobile networks, and integrated networks with satellite and ATC segments.
· Enabled live video to user terminals by integrating Video-over-IP multicast solution.
· Evaluated new technologies for potential implementation and integration into core architecture.
DISCOVERY COMMUNICATIONS, Silver Spring, MD 2006 – 2007
World's Number One nonfiction media company, with subscribers in 220 countries.
Manager, Network Planning & Engineering / Senior Network Architect
Directed planning, design, and implementation of global network. Supervised technical and project teams. Administered $8M network infrastructure budget. Evaluated and recommended new technologies. Managed vendor relations and contract negotiations. Served as final network issue escalation point. Led network optimization efforts.
· Improved network performance and availability by implementing enhancements and redundancies.
· Reduced costs through effective negotiations with telecom and hardware vendors, for purchases and leases.
· Spearheaded critical change management initiatives in response to fluctuations in network asset availabilities.
NETCONN SOLUTIONS, Hagerstown, MD 2005 – 2006
Provider of system integration services for government and defense agencies.
Manager, Network Engineering / Senior Systems Architect
Program Manager for multiple Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) network infrastructure projects, including secure/secret and non-classified initiatives. Worked closely with client on design, deployment, and management of technical solutions. Supervised team of 16 engineers.
· Designed, tested, and deployed IPv6 and distributed DMZ proxy solutions for computing services division of DISA.
· Analyzed and recommended vital network routing architecture changes for CENTCOM's operational network.
STEVEN BIRRELL, Reston, VA 2004 – 2005
Independent network architecture consultant for government agencies and projects.
Senior Network Design Engineer / Architect
Led research, testing, documentation, design, deployment, and process improvement initiatives for Dept. of Homeland Security Transportation Security Administration and Verizon. Supervised up to 8 senior-level network engineers.
· Authored updated network deployment procedures for Unisys field engineers.
· Improved network performance, reliability, and security at TSA airport sites by reengineering networks and deploying new digital video network at checkpoints and baggage handling areas.
· Facilitated the design, launch, and operation of nationwide value-added MPLS and VPN services for Verizon. Also enabled provision of multiple service types across MPLS networks to satisfy Class of Service requirements.
MCI (formerly WorldCom), Ashburn, Virginia 2000 – 2004
Global business and residential communications company operating in more than 65 countries.
Senior Internet Engineer / Team Lead
Designed, deployed, and administered data centers for Fortune 100 clients. Oversaw operation, configuration, and troubleshooting of routing protocols. Managed security issue resolution, load balancing, Fibre-channel storage, hardware, and development of advanced routing policies. Supervised 18 network engineers.
· Planned and led the implementation of more than 22 data centers, each providing connectivity for up to 2,000 customers.
· Successfully reengineered 2 crucial data centers, implementing new hardware and technologies.
· Improved networks by designing and deploying secure remote backup and other solutions to increase performance.
· Member of Summit Club and rated in WorldCom's Top 100 Technical Experts in 2001.
Principal Internetworking Engineer, COMPUTER SCIENCES CORP. (CSC), Linthicum, MD 1999 – 2000
IT Manager/Sr. Network Engineer, PLANNED SYSTEMS INTERNATIONAL, Columbia, MD 1998 – 1999
LAN/WAN Engineer II, UNISCRIBE PROFESSIONAL SERVICES, Columbia, MD 1997 – 1998
LAN/WAN Engineer, INTEGRA BUSINESS CENTERS, Allentown, PA 1997 - 1998
NOC Engineer II/Help Desk Technician, CORNET INTERNATIONAL, Stroudsburg, PA 1996 - 1997
US Army Communications Specialist, PENNSYLVANIA NATIONAL GUARD, Allentown, PA 1996 – 1998
US Navy Communications Specialist, UNITED STATES NAVY, US/Overseas 1990 – 1996
Master Certificate in IS/IT Project Management, Villanova University
Master Certificate in IT Service Management, Villanova University
Associate in Information Technology, Allentown Business School, Allentown, PA
CERTIFICATIONS & TRAINING
PMI Project Management Professional (PMP)
Six Sigma Green Belt
Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
Cisco Certified Internetwork Professional MPLS (CCIP)
Cisco Certified Design Professional (CCDP)
Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP)
Cisco Certified Network Associate ~ Data Centers (CCNA)
Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist (JNCIS)
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
Novell Certified Network Engineer (CNE)
Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
Project Management Institute (PMI)
American Society For Quality (ASQ)
International Information Systems Security Certification Consortium (ISC2)
MS Office, Project, servers, virtual machines, RF, satellite & terrestrial communications hardware, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies, web accelerators, WAN accelerators, remote access, wireless systems, 3G/4G, GMR, EVDOrevA, DVB-SH, DVB-S2, Windows, Unix, Linux, HF, UHF, VHF, SHF, EHF, IP, and others
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.