Structural analyst that is highly motivated and reliable with a strong background in composite materials analysis and 4+ years of experience. Ability to work independently with strong teamwork and leadership skills. Diverse engineering background including theory, design, and hardware.
· Finite element analysis (FEMAP, NASTRAN, ANSYS, Abaqus) - well versed in modeling and theory
· Hypersizer- finite element based tool utilized for composite layup optimization
· Matlab/Fortran - data reduction and analysis, GUI development (Matlab), general scripting
· Simulation Composite Design/Analysis - composite materials analysis and progressive damage analysis
· Classical hand analysis utilized to size and determine loads paths for primary and secondary structure
· Security Clearance: Secret
Structural Analyst, Sierra Nevada Corporation, Centennial CO (2012 - Present)
● Sized primary structure for the all composite Dream Chaser space vehicle; this work included:
○ Developing and maintaining a global finite element model including 700+ load cases, 1,600+ unique material properties, 5 flight configurations and 8 thermal zones.
○ Analyzing primary structure composite assemblies by examining laminate integrity through the use of composite failure criteria and finite element analysis, checking bolted connections using classical methods along with in house tools, and checking vehicle level deflection and modal responses.
○ Developing the analytic and numerical tools that were used to certify composite structure, including performing verification and validation testing on all such tools.
● Co-authored the structural methods document for the primary structure analysis of the Dream Chaser vehicle. Topics included: composite laminate analysis, bolted joint analysis for composite structure, bonded joint analysis, and finite element best practices.
● Translated legacy NASA Fortran numerical toolsets into Matlab, namely BJSFM (an analytical composite bolted joint tool) and A4EI (a semi-empirical bonded joint tool).
● Analyzed aircraft modifications using classical hand analysis. This work included both primary and secondary structural modifications sized to inertial and aerodynamic loads.
Staff Engineer, Firehole Composites (Now Autodesk), Laramie WY (2010-2012)
● Optimizing Fortran code to perform faster finite element analysis for a woven composite unit cell.
● Restructured the coding organization for a woven composite unit cell and a hexagonally packed unit cell allowing both micromechanics models to use the same finite element subroutines.
● Analyzed composite structures using Helius:MCT (now called Autodesk Simulation Composites Analysis) linked with Abaqus/Standard for a multitude of composite structures.
● Extensive experience using Helius:MCT composite analysis software.
● Developed a GUI test for the entire Helius:Composite Pro (now Simulation Composite Design) software package.
Master of Science in mechanical engineering, University of Utah (2012)
Bachelor of Engineering with a structures focus, Dartmouth College (2010)
Bachelor of Arts with a physics major, Middlebury College (2008)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.