Current position: Product Assurance Manager
PhD in physics, more than 20 years of experience in the space and scientific instrumentation industries.
Since Nov’ 2002: Product assurance manager for satellite on-board RF equipment, participating in several programs for ESA and major satellite manufacturers, such as Airbus, Thales, and Space Systems Loral. My responsibilities include:
- General Product Assurance, mainly as defined in ECSS standards,
- Reliability analysis and radiation assurance,
- EEE parts specification and evaluation, -Participation on design reviews and hardware inspections,
- Lower tier subcontractor quality management,
- Failure investigation,
- Development and evaluation of electronics manufacturing processes (hermetic hybrid technology, PCB assembly),
- Internal training for general space business matters, electronics parts, radiation and reliability,
- Maintenance and continuous improvement of our ISO 9100 certification. Since November 2013 I am the head of a group of 4 engineers providing these services to the company.
1998-2002: Product assurance manager for microgravity equipment development projects, currently flying in the International Space Station. This included safety assurance, that is, hazard analysis of the equipment, preparation and submittal of Safety Data Packages, and hazard control verification. Reliability and quality management for ground based astronomy instrumentation projects. Design and implementation of an ISO 9000 certified quality system.
1993-98: Project Manager at Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias (IAC, Tenerife): Instrumentation development for Optical Communications and astronomy, in particular the Optical Ground Station for payload verification of ARTEMIS. 1992-93: Centro para el Desarrollo Tecnológico Industrial (CDTI, Madrid): Technical Consultant at Spanish Delegation to ESA: identification, technical assessment, and tracking of ESA projects for the Spanish space industry.
1989-92: Telefónica I+D, Madrid: Research Project Engineer in Optical Communications. Design and building of laboratory prototypes and demonstration systems. For one year (1990), Telefónica I+D contractor at Bell Laboratories (Crawford Hill, NJ, USA), developing similar activities.
1985-86: IAESTE Trainee at the Physicalische und Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB, Germany). Near-infrared frequency standards development.
Doctorate: PhD in Physical Sciences (advanced optics), 1989. University: Universidad Complutense de Madrid.
Other degrees: Expert in theory and applications of the Finite Elements Method, 2012. University: Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia.
2014: The software engineering book of knowledge. Massive Open On-line Course, University of California (Irvine).
2008: Radiation analysis and FASTRAD. TRAD, Toulouse (24 hours).
2004: 2003: Materials and Processes for Space applications (ESA – ESTEC -24 hours). ISO 9100 Aerospatial Quality Management (EQA, 24 hours).
2002: Evaluation of Quality Management Systems according to EFQM Model (ICT, 30 h).
2001: ISO 9000:2000 Adaptation (SGS, 16 hours). 2000: Quality System Auditor (ICT, 60 hours).
1999: Quality and Procurement Assurance ISO 9000 (ICT, 60 hours). 1998: Quality Control Techniques (AEC, 60 hours).
1997: Project Management (TEA Cegos, 23 hours).
1993: Spacecraft Systems Engineering (University of Southampton, 16 hours).
· “The Planck LFI: 30 and 44 GHz receivers Back-End Modules”, JINST, 4 T12003, December 2009.
· “Special and innovative aspects of the GTC M2 drive mechanism”, Proc. SPIE, Vol 4837, February 2003.
· “Propagation experiments in the near-infrared along a 150 km path and from stars in the Canarian archipelago”, Proc. SPIE, Vol 4678, February 2002.
· “Dual pin photodetector with very low parasitic series interconnection”, Proc. SPIE, Vol 1778, February 1993.
· “Heterodyne WDN Packet Switching System with a Novel Routing Principle”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol.4 No 7, July 1992.
· “Supression of laser frequency drifts caused by thermal transients in optical WDM packet switching systems”, Electronics Letters, Vol 26, No 23, November 1990.
· “Switching time Limitation in Tunable Multisection Lasers”, IEEE Photonics Technology Letters, Vol 2, No 11, November 1990.
· “External feedback effects on I/L characteristics of laser diode”, Electronics Letters, Vol 25, No 15, July 1989.
· “Frequency Measurement of a CH4 Hyperfine Line at 88 THz / Optical clock”, IEEE Journal of Quantum Electronic, Vol 24, No 10, October 1988.
TECHNICAL SOFTWARE ·
Programming: C, LabView, Visual Basic (’95 and Visual Studio .NET). ·
Analysis and simulation: PATRAN/NASTRAN for mechanical/thermal analysis, ORCAD-Pspice for electronics, FASTRAD and OMERE for radiation analysis, Lambda Predict for reliability. · Design Spark for mechanical design.
OTHER ACTIVITIES ·
Lecturer on Product Assurance in the Space Business at the International Space University (ISU, Strasbourg) since 2006 until 2013 (Space Science and Space Management Masters). ·
Lecturer on Product Assurance in the Space Business at the UPC (“Aulas de Empresa”), 2007. ·
Personal interests: avid reader on ethology, anthropology and physics. Sports: orienteering/rogaining, scuba diving, skiing, electronics tinkering (Arduino hobby projects, 3D printing). ·
Given my background, experience and personal interests, my intention is to keep on developing my career in any of the following functions,
• Project and/or Product Assurance management,
• Systems engineering,
• Product and process reliability and safety,
• Testing, always in high tech fields such as •Aerospace, •Scientific instrumentation, •Communications.
The aspects that I appreciate the most in a job are the working environment, and the ultimate purpose of the work to be done.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.