Engineering professional with extensive experience in Systems Engineering and Project Management. Experienced in system design, development, Integration and test, sustainment, technical documentation, reporting and system operations. Exceptional systems engineering and communications skills with a unique combination of interpersonal and analytical abilities.
System Strategies & Analysis Inc, Temple Hills MD COO/Co-Founder (2010-Current)
• Oversee the strategic management and operational oversight of the company'sBusiness Development and Operations.
• Interface with partners and large clients to develop and maintain organizational strategies, operational efficiencies, and proposals for increasing technical efficiency and improving profitability.
• Lead systems engineer for all major projects , provide leadership in business process work sessions, project meetings and design reviews to ensure that design decisions support operational needs.
• Serve as a senior member of the program’s technical leadership team, and provide high level design expertise to support the development of complex systems and recommend technical courses of action as needed.
Intelsat General Corporation, Bethesda MD Program Manager (2010 – 2013)
• Program Manager for both domestic and international government Hosted Payload programs, managing the design, development, integration and test, launch and sustainment.
• Managed the design, development, integration and test, schedules and risks of major government and commercial projects to include NOAA GEONETCAST, NSF Antarctic SATCOM support, Australian Defence Forces SATCOM support to name a few.
• Responsible for the execution of major government and commercial contracts including Statement of Work and the delivery of hardware, software, documentation, cost, schedule, technical, and quality requirements.
• Responsible for delivering a turn-key dual operation UHF Communication System Monitoring (CSM) and In Orbit Testing (IOT) system to the Australian Defence Forces.
• Provided goals, program vision, mission objectives, leadership and the management interface for customer satisfaction.
• Monitored and controlled program performance, obtaining staffing and resources from the functional organizations, approving or rejecting Payment Invoices.
• Responsible for delegating appropriate decision-making responsibility, authority, and accountability to the team.
• Responsible for enforcing all contractual requirements for major government and commercial projects.
• Worked closely with the government Contracting Officer, Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR), Delivery Order Contracting Officer’s Representative (DOCOR) to ensure that the contractor’s performance met all government contracting requirements within cost and schedule.
• Responsible for full control over all company resources necessary for contract performance.
Integral Systems Inc, Columbia, MD Systems Engineer/Risk Manager (2007 – 2010)
• Performed systems engineering and Risk management duties for the CCS-C ground system which provides telemetry, tracking and commanding for all AirForce communication satellite constellations, including Wideband Global SATCOM, Defense Satellite Communications System, Advanced Extremely High Frequency and Milstar
• Responsible for system engineering efforts, which included requirement management using doors, System design, system Integration and test, system deployment/sustainment, System documentation, information assurance engineering and all other system engineering efforts required for the contract.
• Primary POC for the implementation and execution of the Risk Management (RM) process. Chaired the (Risk management Board) RMB, maintained the risk database, managed and tracked all the risk status.
• Managed programs risks by updating the risk database, verified that risk mitigation activities were carried out by the risk owner, ensured that routine monitoring and reporting of risk status took place. Worked with Risk owners to ensure proper classification, assessment, and mitigation strategy for the system.
• Compiled risk metrics and Conducted formal risk monitoring/reporting and periodic re-evaluations during bi-weekly Systems engineering (IPT) meetings and at semi-annual meetings of the Risk Management Board (RMB).
• Established and maintained the CCS-C system requirements baseline as well as maintenance of the verification methods and test procedure mappings for each requirement.
• Participated in CCB meetings and technical meetings to address proposed requirement changes as well as document discussions to maintain a comment history for each requirement
• Provided technical assistance to the system’s owner during the life cycle of the system, supported the product development team and satellite operators with problem diagnosis and resolution, as well as determining appropriate test methods for specific product fixes and updates.
• Test Lead for different satellite command and control subsystems. Determined appropriate test methods, prepared and executed formal acceptance tests for delivered systems and product upgrades.
• Responsible for preparation and execution of regression and formal acceptance tests for the satellite command and control system, product upgrades, product enhancement and issue resolution tests for product releases and patches
• Responsible for testing integrated UNIX, Linux, and Windows systems in a COTS, GOTS and custom software/data product environment to validate new software features and to verify that the project environment had not been adversely affected by the new version of the software or database.
Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc, NASA GSFC Systems Engineer (2004 – 2007)
• Performed Landsat 5 and 7 daily orbit-keeping and attitude control activities, including orbit determination and attitude monitoring, data filtering, and maneuver planning.
• Generated products needed for scheduling and uplink.
• Performed analysis and quality assurance on products generated on MOC Flight Dynamics system.
• Created and validated orbital, mission planning, and attitude control related procedures.
• Coordinated scheduling of all ground and space contacts to meet Landsat 7 tracking requirements.
• Performed mission planning, command management, and scheduling functions as required.
• Performed stored command load management functions validation, load generation, and report generation.
• Investigated spacecraft and ground system anomalies.
• Assisted in development, integration and test of in-house orbital software and Mission planning software.
• Performed realtime evaluation of spacecraft engineering parameters to ensure observatory health and status is maintained.
• Uplinked required stored command and ephemeris loads and verify execution and successful of on-board storage.
• Uplinked commands as necessary to perform normal housekeeping activities.
• Performed command and control activities as necessary to ensure spacecraft safety.
• Coordinated with space and ground stations during all contacts to maintain real time telemetry, command and tracking operations.
• Performed off-line telemetry playbacks as required for performance trending, power analysis, and plot generation to verify the health and status of the satellite.
Sirius Satellite Radio, New York, NY Satellite Engineer (2001 – 2004)
• Responsible for satellite operations for a constellation of three geosynchronous satellites which included monitoring of normal and dwell telemetry and sending commands to verify system operational health and status.
• Responsible for creating and uploading Time Tag Commands used for payload transitions and routine repetitious commands for the three satellites.
• Responsible for collection and analysis of engineering data used for monitoring the health and status of the satellite and anomalous conditions.
• Responsible for the development of command procedures and telemetry pages for the safe execution of spacecraft functionality.
• Responsible for the execution of contingency procedures to sustain operations when environmental conditions and/or systems malfunction.
• Responsible for monitoring status of two uplink tracking stations and coordination of activities at the stations.
• Experience configuring and using spacecraft simulators for engineering analysis in recreating anomalous conditions for study as well as investigate solutions for the health and safety of the spacecrafts.
MS. Technical Management, Johns Hopkins University, May 2008
BS. Mechanical Engineering, Rochester Institute of Technology, May 2001
Certificates: Six Sigma Green Belt, CMMI
Computer Skills UNIX, Windows, Microsoft Office, Linux, Mac, AutoCAD, Maple, Minitab, EPOCH 2000, Mechanical Desktop 2.0, MathCAD, TK solver, STK, FreeFlyer, OASYS, Taps Archiving Software, Loral FS-1300 Flight Simulator, Perl, visual basic 6.0, DOORS.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.