Aerospace Engineering Project Manager
An Aerospace Engineer with a background in Project & Industrial Leadership in the Civil Aerospace industry, covering Manufacturing Engineering & Supplier Management. I’m currently a Project Manager for a Research & Development flight test programme – looking at a natural laminar flow wing design. Looking for opportunities in the Space Industry in Project Management, Systems Engineering or Manufacturing.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
University of Bristol
Master of Engineering (Honours) in Aeronautical Engineering
Spacecraft Systems Engineering, Orbital Mechanics, Propulsion, Aerodynamics, Earth & Planetary Science, Composites Design, Advanced Mathematics, Stress & Structures.
2005 – 2009
The Open University
Bachelor of Science (Open)
2003 – 2009
Oxted County School, Surrey
A-Levels in Mathematics, Physics & Electronics
2001 – 2003
- Project Leader for the development of a supplier tooling asset management database. The project had a budget of €100k and delivered a savings of €1.1 million per annum, since Q2 2011. This was due to large scale reduction in human hours and introduction of increased automation.
- Industrial Leader for modification of new aircraft variant on the Airbus A330. Coordinated with international supply chain to develop industrial project plans to carry out modification around steady state production line, without interrupting existing deliveries.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Project Management, Spacecraft Systems Engineering, Orbital Mechanics, Composites Design & Manufacturing, Earth & Planetary Science, Advanced Mathematics, Computer Programming, Lean, Rocket & Jet Propulsion.
MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, C++, CATIA V5, Autodesk Inventor,
ALTEN Technology Limited – April 2014 to Present
Subcontractor to Airbus Operations Limited
Project Manager – April 2014 to Present
- Project Manager for Clean Sky EU Initiative - BLADE Flight Test Demonstrator – a natural laminar flow wing design, installed onto a modified Airbus A340-300 to validate test flight sustainability concept to industrial scale.
- Focal point for activities planning within Airbus (UK & Transnational) teams and 10 European partners.
- Interface and coordination role with various reporting (KPI roadmap, monthly & quarterly progress reports) to the attention of senior work package leaders.
Airbus Operations Limited – September 2009 to February 2014
Manufacturing Engineer – Jan 2011 to February 2014
- Industrial Leader for A330 Weight Variant 80 modification, coordinating with international
Suppliers to meet deadline, while also mapping Supplier lead times for industrialisation readiness. Change Management of modified parts.
- Project Leader for the development of a supplier tooling asset management IT application, called SIMAS (Supplier Integrated Management Analysis System) for customers in Programmes, Customer Services, Extended Enterprise and Procurement across all sites worldwide (100+ users).
- Provided leadership of sub-contracted team in India, tasked with the development of the IT application.
- Working with Methods and Processes multi-functional team members from Toulouse, Getafe, Nantes and Hamburg, as the UK representative on transnational projects for Change Management and harmonization of company processes and procedures.
- Coordinated input from Manufacturing Engineers and A380 Wing Suppliers to contribute to rib foot investigation.
- Assessing the industrialization capability of supplier bids for the A320 Sharklet Retrofit work package on Call for Tender.
- Quality Management of local process documents relevant to team and promoting awareness.
- The SIMAS IT application delivered a savings of €1.1 million per year, since its implementation in Q2 2011, due to large scale reduction in human-hours from increased automation of Supplier tool register management. Capturing information for tooling, in the Extended Enterprise worldwide, to the value of €91 million. (Project Budget: €100k)
- Creation of departmental SharePoint iShare to improve visibility of company processes and procedures, resource sheets and knowledge management for Extended Enterprise team.
Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Entry Graduate – Sept 2009 to Sept 2011
- Completed several placements around Airbus during the two year scheme.
- Started the graduate scheme working for Quality Management Systems in Broughton.
- Wrote test requirements specification for composite coupon testing in Structural Support Department.
- Wrote manufacturing capability reports for the A350 Wing Integrations team, collating all the Key Characteristics and Tolerance data.
- Supported the Lean department in Engineering Wing on lean champion training sessions.
- Completed several airbus awareness training courses in composites, business & cultural awareness, A320 Familiarisation, Lean awareness and EN9100 awareness.
- Presented lean training session on brainstorming techniques.
GEW (EC) Limited – October 2003 to September 2005
General Factory Assistant - Storeman – Oct 2003 to Sept 2005
- Various work experience placements, prior to attending university, in Stores, Quality, Goods In, Goods Out, Spares and Production.
- Saved the company £20’000 a year in spares packaging costs, by developing a process and user friendly look-up table to determine the most efficient packaging material to use for lowest airfreight cost.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Composites Awareness Airbus November 2009
- Quality EN9100 Awareness Airbus December 2009
- SharePoint Administrator Airbus October 2009
- Cultural & Business Awareness Air Business Academy January 2010
- Lean Awareness Airbus March 2010
- CATIA V5 Consultation Airbus July 2010
- Statistical Process Control Airbus November 2012
- A320 Familiarisation ATA 104 L1 Airbus December 2009
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.