Aerospace Engineering Project Manager
An Aerospace Engineer with a background in Project & Industrial Leadership in the Civil Aerospace industry, covering Manufacturing Engineering & Supplier Management. I’m currently a Project Manager for a Research & Development flight test programme – looking at a natural laminar flow wing design. Looking for opportunities in the Space Industry in Project Management, Systems Engineering or Manufacturing.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
University of Bristol
Master of Engineering (Honours) in Aeronautical Engineering
Spacecraft Systems Engineering, Orbital Mechanics, Propulsion, Aerodynamics, Earth & Planetary Science, Composites Design, Advanced Mathematics, Stress & Structures.
2005 – 2009
The Open University
Bachelor of Science (Open)
2003 – 2009
Oxted County School, Surrey
A-Levels in Mathematics, Physics & Electronics
2001 – 2003
- Project Leader for the development of a supplier tooling asset management database. The project had a budget of €100k and delivered a savings of €1.1 million per annum, since Q2 2011. This was due to large scale reduction in human hours and introduction of increased automation.
- Industrial Leader for modification of new aircraft variant on the Airbus A330. Coordinated with international supply chain to develop industrial project plans to carry out modification around steady state production line, without interrupting existing deliveries.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
Project Management, Spacecraft Systems Engineering, Orbital Mechanics, Composites Design & Manufacturing, Earth & Planetary Science, Advanced Mathematics, Computer Programming, Lean, Rocket & Jet Propulsion.
MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, SharePoint, C++, CATIA V5, Autodesk Inventor,
ALTEN Technology Limited – April 2014 to Present
Subcontractor to Airbus Operations Limited
Project Manager – April 2014 to Present
- Project Manager for Clean Sky EU Initiative - BLADE Flight Test Demonstrator – a natural laminar flow wing design, installed onto a modified Airbus A340-300 to validate test flight sustainability concept to industrial scale.
- Focal point for activities planning within Airbus (UK & Transnational) teams and 10 European partners.
- Interface and coordination role with various reporting (KPI roadmap, monthly & quarterly progress reports) to the attention of senior work package leaders.
Airbus Operations Limited – September 2009 to February 2014
Manufacturing Engineer – Jan 2011 to February 2014
- Industrial Leader for A330 Weight Variant 80 modification, coordinating with international
Suppliers to meet deadline, while also mapping Supplier lead times for industrialisation readiness. Change Management of modified parts.
- Project Leader for the development of a supplier tooling asset management IT application, called SIMAS (Supplier Integrated Management Analysis System) for customers in Programmes, Customer Services, Extended Enterprise and Procurement across all sites worldwide (100+ users).
- Provided leadership of sub-contracted team in India, tasked with the development of the IT application.
- Working with Methods and Processes multi-functional team members from Toulouse, Getafe, Nantes and Hamburg, as the UK representative on transnational projects for Change Management and harmonization of company processes and procedures.
- Coordinated input from Manufacturing Engineers and A380 Wing Suppliers to contribute to rib foot investigation.
- Assessing the industrialization capability of supplier bids for the A320 Sharklet Retrofit work package on Call for Tender.
- Quality Management of local process documents relevant to team and promoting awareness.
- The SIMAS IT application delivered a savings of €1.1 million per year, since its implementation in Q2 2011, due to large scale reduction in human-hours from increased automation of Supplier tool register management. Capturing information for tooling, in the Extended Enterprise worldwide, to the value of €91 million. (Project Budget: €100k)
- Creation of departmental SharePoint iShare to improve visibility of company processes and procedures, resource sheets and knowledge management for Extended Enterprise team.
Manufacturing Engineer – Direct Entry Graduate – Sept 2009 to Sept 2011
- Completed several placements around Airbus during the two year scheme.
- Started the graduate scheme working for Quality Management Systems in Broughton.
- Wrote test requirements specification for composite coupon testing in Structural Support Department.
- Wrote manufacturing capability reports for the A350 Wing Integrations team, collating all the Key Characteristics and Tolerance data.
- Supported the Lean department in Engineering Wing on lean champion training sessions.
- Completed several airbus awareness training courses in composites, business & cultural awareness, A320 Familiarisation, Lean awareness and EN9100 awareness.
- Presented lean training session on brainstorming techniques.
GEW (EC) Limited – October 2003 to September 2005
General Factory Assistant - Storeman – Oct 2003 to Sept 2005
- Various work experience placements, prior to attending university, in Stores, Quality, Goods In, Goods Out, Spares and Production.
- Saved the company £20’000 a year in spares packaging costs, by developing a process and user friendly look-up table to determine the most efficient packaging material to use for lowest airfreight cost.
CONTINUOUS PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
- Composites Awareness Airbus November 2009
- Quality EN9100 Awareness Airbus December 2009
- SharePoint Administrator Airbus October 2009
- Cultural & Business Awareness Air Business Academy January 2010
- Lean Awareness Airbus March 2010
- CATIA V5 Consultation Airbus July 2010
- Statistical Process Control Airbus November 2012
- A320 Familiarisation ATA 104 L1 Airbus December 2009
HOBBIES AND INTERESTS
REFERENCES ARE AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.