Experienced manager, strategic analyst, and consultant in telecommunications network planning including satellite and ground segments, with a proven track record in requirements analysis, solution development, procurement planning, deployment planning, and capacity management and optimization. Extensive knowledge of all aspects of the satellite communications business. Founder of a consulting and educational business in information and communications technology (ICT). Areas of expertise include:
· Satellite Requirements Assessment
· Project Planning and Management
· Satellite Concept Development
· Satellite Capacity Management
· Business Development Support
· Satellite Procurement/Deployment
Incorporated a consulting and educational services business focused information and communication technologies (ICT). Activities include strategy consulting and education.
· Provided strategic advice to a client based on knowledge of the Middle East.
Virginia International University, Fairfax, Virginia 2011-Present
Adjunct Professor, School of Computer & Information Systems
· Develop and teach information systems courses, including Software Engineering, Software Architecture, Computer Architecture, and Enterprise Information Systems. Focus on Agile and traditional software development life cycle (SDLC) and IT project management.
INTELSAT, Washington, D.C. 1990-January 2014
Strategic Projects Director, Corporate Strategy – 2012-2014
Coordinated analysis of the technical capabilities of third party satellites to assess the value of their acquisition into global network of satellites. Accomplishments included:
· Analyzed capabilities for 6 candidate satellites using engineering software and satellite
specifications, leading to acquisition of two in-orbit satellites.
· Guided team members in performance of link analysis to validate the accommodation of
customer service requirements, leading to annual revenue increase of over $6M.
· Coordinated redeployment project plans for 2 third party satellites with engineering and
operations, taking into account TT&C network setup, schedule, cost, and licensing risks.
Developed 3 satellite network concepts to propose to third parties for partnerships or joint ventures to provide video, government, and data network services in international markets.
Gathered and analyzed requirements for design of high capacity communication satellites and participated in meetings between engineering and the manufacturer to monitor design progress.
Director/Senior Director, Space Systems Planning – 2006-2012
Led teams to complete all aspects of satellite procurement and deployment planning, including:
· Gathered and analyzed service requirements, including existing traffic backlog and demand
forecast, using capacity management and business intelligence tools.
· Participated in the conceptual design for 6 satellites (IS-14, IS-17, IS-21, IS-23, IS-27, IS-28)
connecting payload and bus engineering experts to competing commercial requirements.
· Managed satellite deployment planning for half a fleet of 50+ satellites by analyzing technical,
business and regulatory factors to increase revenues and protect orbital spectrum.
· Coordinated technical due diligence for acquisition of the Amos-1 satellite.
· Maintained satellite deployment database and sent updates to other departments.
· Negotiated with a Middle East operator to acquire and redeploy an in-orbit satellite.
Vice President, Network Planning & Capacity Management – 2005-2006
Led efforts to optimize the use of capacity of satellite fleet worldwide to increase revenue, efficiency, and defer large capital investments. Managed and coached a team of 15 capacity management and communications engineers who performed link analysis and supported customers.
· Established accurate metrics for capacity using capacity management software.
· Generated regular management reports on capacity using Business Intelligence software.
· Increased accuracy of capacity/revenue data match to more than 98%.
· Led efforts to groom capacity to free up transponders and spot beams to increase revenues.
· Initiated analysis of network traffic and transition planning to prepare for fleet consolidation.
Vice President, Network Planning & Technology Development –2004-2005
Managed Intelsat’s technology development program and participated in the development of Intelsat’s broadband Internet services. Responsible for budget of $4 Million and staff of 20+ engineers.
· Guided the development of new software tools to help Sales and Customer Solutions
Engineers access satellite capacity information quickly and more effectively.
· Developed network optimization studies to reduce capital investments and grow revenues.
· Managed an R&D portfolio with projects focusing maritime and broadband services, which
became major elements of corporate revenues a few years later.
· Examined all major broadband platforms, including iDirect, HNS, Viasat, Gilat, and others
to guide vendor selection for various services and networks.
· Reduced operational expenses for department by 30% while achieving organizational goals.
Director, Operational Planning & Continuous Improvement
And Chief of Staff to President, Intelsat Global Services Corp. (IGSC) –2003-2004
Tracked execution of corporate projects and process improvement initiatives to increase efficiency and optimize capital and operating expenses to prepare company for private equity acquisition.
· Organized monthly briefings for senior management on corporate initiatives.
· Participated in the development of corporate strategic plan and definition of plan initiatives.
Additional Positions at INTELSAT – 1990-2003:
Director, Network Planning
Senior Manager, Network Optimization
Strategic Market Planning Manager
System Planning Manager
Principal Engineer & System Planning Project Lead
Senior Engineer, System Planning
ADDITIONAL ACADEMIC FACULTY POSITIONS
University of the District of Columbia, Washington, DC 2010
Adjunct Professor, Taught Project Management in the MBA Program.
George Mason University, Electrical & Computer Engineering Dept., Fairfax, Virginia 1983-90
Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering Department.
Acting Assistant Professor, Electrical & Computer Engineering Department.
University of Virginia, Systems Engineering Dept., Charlottesville, Virginia 1979-1983
Research & Teaching Assistant –Co-authored several papers on decision making under uncertainty resulting from doctoral dissertation work.
Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, Electrical Engineering Dept., Giza, Egypt 1976-1978
Teaching & Research Assistant – Wrote Master’s thesis on use of Systems Dynamics methodology in modeling of socio-economic systems.
Fairfax County Public Library, 2014
Performed various tasks at the library as assigned by staff to help organize the book collection.
Hands Along the Nile Development Services, Rosslyn, Virginia, 2009-Present
Advisory Committee member for international development NGO working in Egypt -Provide feedback on strategic plans, support hosting Arab/Egyptian delegations, Arabic translation.
Fencing Sports Academy, Fairfax, 2011-Present
Founding Sponsor and Advisor for a start-up for-profit fencing club owned by my wife.
Create social media to market club.
Washington Space Business Roundtable, Washington, DC, 2010-2013
Member of the Board and Treasurer of a satellite industry non-for-profit promoting space business and youth educational programs in science and technology.
EDUCATION & PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
· Ph.D. in Systems Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia.
· Master in Systems Engineering, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia.
· M.Sc., Electronic Circuits & Systems, Cairo University, Faculty of Engineering, Giza, Egypt.
· B.Sc. Electronics & Communications Engineering, Cairo University, Giza, Egypt.
· Professional Training Courses in Project Management, Business Acumen and Leadership.
· PMP project management certification preparation online courses through SkillSoft.
· Member of the Project Management Institute and the Society for International Development.
Satellite Software Tools, Business Intelligence software (Business Objects), Native Arabic speaker.
Naturalized U.S. Citizen since 1990. Available for employment or consulting immediately.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.