Mid career professional with a Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering, offering years of professional experience in manned spaceflight, specializing in spacecraft operations, strong communication skills, an ability to lead, and a quick learner looking for new, challenging opportunities in the space industry.
Barrios Technology, International Space Station (ISS) Mission Operations. 2008 to Present
Flight Control Engineer - Environmental, Thermal Control, and Life Support Group
· Responsible for real-time mission support, operation, flight test, and troubleshooting of ISS Systems.
· Used strong interpersonal skills serving as NASA liaison to the Japanese Space Agency for ISS Environmental and Thermal Control Systems
· Developed operational procedures and timelines for execution on ISS.
· Designed spacecraft flight plans, flight rules, and launch commit criteria prior to flight.
· Responsible for training of flight crew and flight controllers – includes “plan, train, fly” process through classroom instruction, hands on demonstration, and conducting training simulations.
· Created systems manuals, operations handbooks, and technical drawings of ISS Systems.
· Led the Thermal Control System team - integrating inputs from ISS International Partners and partner engineering personnel to both ensure safe operations and improve performance.
· Developed telemetry displays, commanding interfaces, and software routines to aid in spacecraft operation.
Oceanit Laboratories, U.S. Air Force Observatory Operations. Summer 2006 & 2007
Virginia Tech, Bachelor of Science
University of North Dakota, Masters Degree (start Fall 2014)
United Space Alliance Employee of the Quarter – Awarded for exemplary real-time response to External Thermal Control System cooling pump failure – characterized at the time as the most significant U.S. equipment failure in ISS history
NASA Employee of the Month – Awarded for record completion of the Thermal Control System Flight Controller certification training flow.
Barrios Achievement Award-Awarded for excellent leadership of the Thermal and Environmental flight control teams over a 6 month period, including management of numerous software and hardware upgrades that improved ISS capability.
JSC Group Achievement Award (ISS De-crew Team)– For outstanding work on the mission timeline and next worst failure planning involved in the ISS de-crew effort, including taking input from 13 different Joint Operations Panels and successfully condensing those to crew and ground actions.
JSC Group Achievement Award (U.S. EVA 18 and 19) – For superb performance in the development and execution of the US EVAs to replace Main Bus Switching Unit (MBSU) 1, and the rapid development of an EVA to respond to difficulties encountered during EVA 18.
1st Place AIAA Mission to Mars Competition– Served as structures lead for team of engineering students that won nationwide AIAA competition to design a manned mission to mars.
JSC Achievement Award– For superb performance in troubleshooting a LAB Internal Thermal Control System water leak, safeguarding critical avionics and quickly returning LAB to nominal operations
Yuri’s Night – Organized 20+ volunteers to administer a free gala event celebrating manned spaceflight. Program included VIP speakers, exhibits and technology demos from Houston’s leading aerospace companies
JSC Speaker’s Bureau – Served as spaceflight expert and principal speaker supporting outreach on the benefits and history of spaceflight.
Challenger Learning Center – Conducted tailored simulated space missions with K-12 student groups in a Mission Control Center replica
Citizen Schools– Promoting STEM education in middle school students through organizing field trips, classroom science demos and after school mentoring.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.