Since Oct. 2014 OHB SYSTEM AG, Bremen (Germany)
Project Risk Manager
- Initiating and establishing cross-organizational project risk management with direct reporting to the CTO
- Evaluating and benchmarking project risks including recommendations for executive board
- Chairing critical project reviews for enforcing all major milestones
Feb. 2013 – Oct. 2014 OHB SYSTEM AG, Bremen (Germany)
Project Manager Telecommunication Satellites
- Technical management of interdisciplinary and international engineering teams, as well as principal interface to the client and satellite-launcher authority
- Project planning, resourcing, and budgeting including cost estimates/reporting, with overall budget of €250 million
- Contract management including claims, changes, and negotiating overall compliance conditions
- Developing market analysis and business plan for entry in commercial telecommunications-satellites market- Project team coordination and management
Aug. 2012 – Jan. 2013 OHB SYSTEM AG, Bremen (Germany) – consultant
- Monitoring performance of subcontractors in terms of costs, planning, and quality including residing at various subcontractor sites during critical periods
- Coordinating suppliers’ requests for proposals including consolidating overall procurement costs
- Identifying and resolving cross-project interferences
Jan. 2009 – Jun. 2012 EUMETSAT, Darmstadt (Germany) – consultant
Telecommunications Systems Engineer
- Architectural design of data acquisition, repatriation and dissemination chains and of control and monitoring interfaces for major meteorological satellite programmes
- In-house developments and prototyping for optimisation and validation of satellite-telecommunications systems
- Technical officer responsible for industrial studies focusing on innovative telecommunications systems
Jun. 2008 – Dec. 2008 DLR, Oberpfaffenhofen (Germany) – Consultant
Columbus Ground Operations Engineer
- Coordinating ground operations and infrastructure for Columbus space laboratory of International Space Station
- Contact for NASA and Russian control centres for ground operations
Oct. 2006 – Jun. 2008 INSA, S.A., Madrid (Spain)
- Architectural design of ground-processing and -control centres for national earth-observation satellite programmes
- Validation-test campaign of ground processing centre of European earth-observation satellite
- Technical responsible for feasibility studies and prototypes of surveillance systems for oceanic borders based on unmanned aerial vehicles
Since April 2015 Global Executive MBA (dual degree), Vienna University of Economics and Business, Austria / University of Minnesota Twin Cities, United States
- Focus: leadership, negotiations, global strategies, innovation management, accounting, and strategic marketing
- Residency periods in Vienna (Austria), St. Petersburg (Russia), Guangzhou (China), Hyderabad (India), and New York and Minneapolis (United States)
Oct. 1999 - Sep. 2006 Master of Engineering in Telecommunications (with distinction), Carlos III University of Madrid, Spain
- Focus: digital communications, signal processing, antenna and microwave engineering, telecommunication electronics, and computer networks
- Master Thesis: LDPC Codes – Iterative Decoding and Linear Complexity Encoding”
Technical Skills and Competences
Project Management Tools:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Project; RedMine
- IBM Rational DOORs; Enterprise Architect
- ECSS and CCSDS series of aerospace standards
- ITU-R regulations relevant to satellite communications and electromagnetic propagation
RF-engineering development and simulation environments:
- MATLAB/Simulink; NI VISA; LabView; CST Microwave Studio
- Spanish: native
- English, French, German: fluent
- Portuguese: intermediate level
- Hiking in dramatically wonderful scenery (glaciers, volcanoes, mountains, etc.) and traveling around the world
- Always hungry for geography, socio-economic information and disruptive technologies in any field
- Music lover (from classical music to jazz, lindy-hop and rock)
- Spending time with friends
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.