Sex Male | Date of birth 04/10/1990 | Nationality Spanish
10/2013 – 02/2015 Radio Navigation Engineer
European Space Agency, (ESA/ESTEC), Noordwijk, Netherlands
Working at the Radio Navigation Systems and Techniques Section (TEC-ETN), supporting on the following projects/activities:
▪ European GNSS Agency (GSA) Test Campaign of Galileo Mass Market Receivers.
▪ Definition of scenarios and analysis of several GNSS Mass-Market Rx's for the definition of the minimum GNSS Location System Performance Requirements in the frame of a standardization campaign conducted by ETSI.
▪ Implementation of several testing tools and Matlab scripts used to control both GNSS simulators and receivers and to post-process the output of the tests.
▪ Working in the laboratory facilities with GNSS RF constellation simulators, multi-GNSS receivers and several test tools and equipment.
▪ Analysis and comparison of the performance of different GNSS receivers; identification and report of potential problems in their implementation.
▪ Implementation of the scripts to automate the test bed and all the simulations carried out during the test campaign and calibration of the set-up.
▪ Replay and analysis of data collected during mobile live testing campaign with Averna URT (Universal Receiver Tester) Record and Playback System.
▪ Writing of testing plans, test reports and several technical notes with the definition of the test bed and the analysis and conclusions of the results.
09/2012 – 10/2013 Junior Research Fellow
Department of Telecommunications and Systems Engineering (Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona)
▪ Hired by the Department of Telecommunications and Systems Engineering of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona to carry out my final thesis within a collaboration in an ESA’s project.
▪ The project, which was named “Weak GNSS Signal Navigation on the Moon”, was part of the ESA’s General Studies Programme (GSP).
▪ My duties there were related to the development of part of the algorithms for the GNSS software receiver to be used in future Lunar missions.
▪ The project was carried out by the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB) and the Spanish company GMV innovation solutions.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
09/2011 – 06/2013 Telecommunications Engineering
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Final thesis: "Weak GNSS Signal Navigation on the Moon" (The project received a mark of 9.5)
09/2008 – 06/2011 Technical Telecommunications Engineering
Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Bellaterra, Spain
Final thesis: "Statistical characterization of the correlation peaks in GPS"
(The project received a First Class with Distinction Mark)
Mother tongue(s) Spanish
Driving licence ▪ B
▪ M. Manzano, J. Alegre-Rubio, A.Pellacani, G. Seco-Granados, J. A. López-Salcedo, E. Guerrero, A. Garcia, “Use of Weak GNSS Signals in a Mission to the Moon", Proc. 7th ESA Workshop on Satellite Navigation User Equipment Technologies (NAVITEC), Dec 2014.
▪ M. Manzano, J. Alegre-Rubio, A.Pellacani, G. Seco-Granados, J. A. López -Salcedo, E. Guerrero, A. Garcia, “Description and Simulation Results for a GNSS Signal-Based Navigation System for a Mission to the Moon", Proc. ION GNSS+, Sep 2014.
HONOURS AND AWARDS
Academic Excellence Award (I)
▪ Award to the best academic record of the B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering (2008-2011)
▪ Awarded by the Colegio Oficial de Ingenieros Técnicos de Telecomunicaciones (COITT).
Academic Excellence Award (II)
▪ Award to the best academic record of the B.Sc. Telecommunication Engineering (2008-2011).
▪ Awarded by the Colegi d’enginyers tècnics i pèrits de Telecomunicació de Catalunya (COETTC).
Collaboration grant for research work
▪ Collaboration fellowship in the departments of the Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona.
▪ Awarded by the Ministry of Spain
▪ Spanish ministry fellowship to pay the annual registration and displacements, in addition as a reward for the obtained academically results.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.